MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

elite modular case / rugged / flight
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author elite modular case / rugged / flight
taylor12k
not too much info about cases in the wild, so i thought i'd start a new thread.

i received from oliver today a 6U elite modular case with the rugged finish. it's replacing my enclave 6U for travel.

the case is every bit as durable and nice as the enclave. very happy with it. i like the look of the elite cases more. more streamlined and clean lines. 25% lighter, too.

i don't even see info on their site about the rugged finish.. but it exists, might need to contact them if you're interested.

can't imagine a better case for travel. i loved the enclaves, those are top choices as well, but i do prefer the look of the elites.

the only negative for me is those make noise power boards. they can be really frustrating to get a power cable into, especially the ones closest to the case edge.

i much prefer the tip top style boards that are in my Goike case. however, those flat connectors allow precious inches to be shaved off the case thickness... so it's a tradeoff i'm willing to live with.
moofi
Picture please? ;-)
taylor12k

fusionid
Is that the standard rack length? Looks longer also
How much
taylor12k
104hp x 2
you'll have to check with Oliver/elite on pricing.

fusionid wrote:
Is that the standard rack length? Looks longer also
How much
Barlov
Awesome looking case. 12U would be unreal.
botstein
I just got the 6U too! Would instantly upgrade to 12U if he comes out with one.

http://instagram.com/p/wPrBXXovhq/
ziggomatic
I bought my Verbos Composition system a couple weeks ago from AH and upgraded the case to the Elite Modular 6U rugged, loving it thus far! Very well made case, i've already added 4 new modules to it yet haven't had any connection issues with the Makenoise power board.

AH is actually currently using this pic they took of my system on their product page for the case:

ziggomatic
botstein wrote:

Nice setup! Funny i've also been seriously considering the QMMF-4 lately, but kind of figured i'd wait until I had a bigger case for it. Yet yours fits nicely in the Elite 6U. Right next to my other top filter choice, the MMF-1 :-)
waveglider
I was at Control recently and looked at both the Elite and Enclave 6U side by side and the Elite was lighter and the textured finish is very durable. I was very impressed with the build quality .
A fully loaded case gets pretty heavy, so every little bit of weight saved helps and I'd definitely say go with the Elite.
I'm pretty sure the pricing between the two is the similar.
botstein
ziggomatic wrote:
botstein wrote:

Nice setup! Funny i've also been seriously considering the QMMF-4 lately, but kind of figured i'd wait until I had a bigger case for it. Yet yours fits nicely in the Elite 6U. Right next to my other top filter choice, the MMF-1 :-)

All this stuff "lives" in my Monorocket Lexington II, which is pretty big as portable cases go, but I do admit I'm enjoying the QMMF-4 in a smaller system too. It's easily one of my favourites!
kstl
just to add that I received mine yesterday and is awesome. Really good built and looks like the rugged finish is indestructible hyper

btw I didn't have any problems with space for the modules or for connecting
ghrobbing_tristle
Has anyone seen the recent Richard Devine interview where he shows off a new 12U prototype from Elite? It looks pretty incredible, and Devine goes over the case specifically at the 2 minute mark...

vailsy
yeah the 12u case looks pretty interesting, bigger but useful. I got a flyer from AH with a picture of it closed up, it's thicker of course and it has the handle on top instead of the side. Just needs swivel wheels like one of those modern wheelie suit cases and it would be about perfect

I was planning on gradually getting 4 of the regular ones over time, 2 side by side, but 2 regular and 1 of these would work too, the big one for the lower tier and 2 regulars above it side by side for the best portability options

the cases are great quality btw
bobbcorr
vailsy wrote:
yeah the 12u case looks pretty interesting, bigger but useful. I got a flyer from AH with a picture of it closed up, it's longer and thicker of course and it has the handle on top instead of the side. Just needs swivel wheels like one of those modern wheelie suit cases and it would be about perfect

I was planning on gradually getting 4 of the regular ones over time, 2 side by side, but 2 regular and 1 of these would work too, the big one for the lower tier and 2 regulars above it side by side for the best portability options

the cases are great quality btw

Any chance you could share a scan of that flyer? Thanks!
vailsy
vailsy
..no scanner so a poorly taken old school picture instead, hopefully you can make it out. looks like a great case
bobbcorr
vailsy wrote:
..no scanner so a poorly taken old school picture instead, hopefully you can make it out. looks like a great case

Looks great! Thank you for sharing this.
fourhexagons
Looks like the design may have changed a bit since then as per Control's recent Instagram post: https://instagram.com/p/8TX34yOZFa/
kstl
Looks like that 416 is an add-on for the actual 208? If is like that would me massive, I have the 208 and I'm really happy with it. Would be cool the possibility of expand it like that. Nice built cases btw thumbs up
vailsy
hmm maybe the 416 is a different case. the instagram seems to refer to an add on to the existing 208.. probably it's the same thing though

the expansion possibility is good news. I wonder how much it'll cost? To be honest I don't like the recessed lids so decided to get 4 208's gradually instead of two monorocket style 12u's so everything would be flush with the lid, but I might be tempted with the expansion even if it is recessed if it's priced alright although I guess it's not much less than the 208

really though I wish they'd just make a 12u version which is 2 regular 6u's with a spacer with the handle and hinges on like the flyer photo, or maybe several modular style options for people to choose from would be nice
shreeswifty
i would love some tips on who to investigate for a 12U portable case with power and rails, i emailed Dark Modular for a quote last week and have not heard back yet. I currently have 3 HEKs [84] +1 Cell90 [90] So that's around 350hp of modules. I REALLY want to be able to leave a patch loaded.
vailsy
I heartily recommend the elite cases, they are the lightest and smallest profile that I have found in 6u and since this 12u is coming soon I would say it's worth waiting for
suckspit
vailsy wrote:
really though I wish they'd just make a 12u version which is 2 regular 6u's with a spacer with the handle and hinges on like the flyer photo, or maybe several modular style options for people to choose from would be nice

+1
Worwell
Does anyone have experience with the Elite 416 Studio? I have a used one on the way but have found little information about them so far. Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4