MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

elite modular case / rugged / flight
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Author elite modular case / rugged / flight
yaongi~
Classic junkie talk (or in one case ex-girlfriend talk).

Usually I follow this process
1. Accept the loss, to clear your mind
2. Do what you need to do to get your money back

If someone says they're gonna send it first thing Monday, and you have to chase them, then they say they're gonna send it next Monday, and then they don't, that's the end of it.
s.l.o.w
FWIW I've never had an issue with Elite Modular, certainly not anything that would take over 4 months to resolve. I bought an E416 last year, and while it took (as far as I recall) a couple of weeks for them to put it together and get the power boards in stock or whatever, it wasn't much of an issue. And earlier this year I bought a top for the case so I can also take it out as a 2 row x 104 HP case; that order shipped promptly.
PascalLuethi
Thanks for the info s.l.o.w , that's what i was hoping to read.
s.l.o.w
But 4-7 months is a loooong time; I'd try to get them on the phone and see what's up.
cv
PascalLuethi wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone else has a bad experience with elite modular? I've ordered and payed a 6u case directly from http://elitemodular.com about 7 months ago. Oliver does respond to my emails, he's always telling me "we'll ship your case first thing on monday" and things like that, but nothing ever happens. it's going like this for 4 months now and i'm starting to think that i'm getting ripped off...

Sorry for digging up such an old thread. Wondering if anyone else had any issues with them lately?

I've used their cases before (bought second hand off eBay) and I think they're fantastic, so I'm happy to wait a while, but I've been waiting 10 weeks now for my order to ship to the UK and have been getting in touch asking for updates every couple of weeks since the estimated shipping time passed and I'm getting the same type of responses.

First I was told it would ship a week later, two weeks after that they were waiting on bus boards, another two weeks after that they were waiting on hinges (though I was told the case itself was finished and ready), now I'm being told it'll be shipped out in another 2 weeks with no explanation... Like I said I'm happy to wait, but I'm a little suspicious after having read everything on here.

(edit: First post - Hello everyone!)
Severed head
and it starts...
cv wrote:
PascalLuethi wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm wondering if anyone else has a bad experience with elite modular? I've ordered and payed a 6u case directly from http://elitemodular.com about 7 months ago. Oliver does respond to my emails, he's always telling me "we'll ship your case first thing on monday" and things like that, but nothing ever happens. it's going like this for 4 months now and i'm starting to think that i'm getting ripped off...

Sorry for digging up such an old thread. Wondering if anyone else had any issues with them lately?

I've used their cases before (bought second hand off eBay) and I think they're fantastic, so I'm happy to wait a while, but I've been waiting 10 weeks now for my order to ship to the UK and have been getting in touch asking for updates every couple of weeks since the estimated shipping time passed and I'm getting the same type of responses.

First I was told it would ship a week later, two weeks after that they were waiting on bus boards, another two weeks after that they were waiting on hinges (though I was told the case itself was finished and ready), now I'm being told it'll be shipped out in another 2 weeks with no explanation... Like I said I'm happy to wait, but I'm a little suspicious after having read everything on here.

(edit: First post - Hello everyone!)

bro, your not happy to wait or you wouldn't have registered on a forum just to post, its okay you can admit that you shouldn't have to wait 10 weeks for a case made with parts that are readily available at any US hardware store excluding power and maybe rails, both of which you can get from any number of retailers in less then 1 business week.

these things are about 100usd in raw materials then and other 300 in rails and power, and take about 2hours to build, and 2 hours to coats, (ive build cases for various things including modular) and im guessing you paid around a grand for your case?
you shouldn't have to wait 10 weeks. thats retarded.

this prolonged next week shit is classic deception for either personal problems or general mismanagement

ASK FOR TRACKING NUMBER or A REFUND BY THE END OF THE BUSINESS WEEK, AND BUY A CASE FROM ANY OF THE PLETHORA OF OTHER BUILDER WITH CASES ON HAND
Severed head
double
cv
Yep, you’re absolutely right, and I do plan to post here more when I actually have a case I can use! Just wanted to see if anyone actually got theirs in the end, don’t think I’d be so patient if it wasn’t for this particular type of case.
guigui
I'm planning to expand my rack and I'm in between two 7U Intellijel cases or one 12U elite modular case.

For studio usage, do you guys think elite modular case has some considerable advantage?
Severed head
cv wrote:
Yep, you’re absolutely right, and I do plan to post here more when I actually have a case I can use! Just wanted to see if anyone actually got theirs in the end, don’t think I’d be so patient if it wasn’t for this particular type of case.

totally,
id be rightly P.O. and im sure you are and right fully so increasingly frustrated.

I can't say much for the particulars of the Elite case vs other cases but, from a consumer perspective there are a plethora of case builders out there, like anything euro now more that ever, and I dont think Elite is worth stressing over IMO
im not sure what particular attribute you seen in Elite that is the draw, (hinged location, texture?) but id guess anything you found in Elite you could probably find in any number of other builders and you'd probably have your case at home loaded and jamming before the dude at Elite sends you a please please please email trying to explain why a few day job has turned into nearly 3 months.

sorry im not trying to be a negative Nancy, just seems like the accountability is null for some of these guys. which I understand these are small 1.2.3.4 man operations but the consumer is more likely than not a worker bee, family body or the like and this shit isn't some cheap shit gear in this case no pun intended a case is 600- 1250$!!! thats a lot of money for someone who's working a 9to5 just having fun jamming in there basement with the gang.

on a more positive note welcome to the forum, I lurked forever but finally joined too. hopefully you have better experiences moving forward
s.l.o.w
guigui wrote:
I'm planning to expand my rack and I'm in between two 7U Intellijel cases or one 12U elite modular case.

For studio usage, do you guys think elite modular case has some considerable advantage?

Are you talking about the 12U portable case or studio case from Elite? I have both the Elite portable 416 case and a pair of Intellijel 7U cases. The advantage of the Elite, for me, is that it's a single contained solution, closes patched, and I can (and have) taken it as carry-on luggage on international flights. It also looks elegant; the finish/coating is nice. Downsides for the Elite are that it's pretty heavy, needs support for the top part when opened, and by design the top rack is recessed into the case, making access to smaller modules on the sides a bit fiddly.

The Intellijel cases look more utilitarian, but have the extra 1U row in each case, integrated legs, and can be used together with the joiners, or side by side. Also, easy access to all modules, since there are no lips like the Elite case. The Intellijel cases can also be stood up vertically (though it would be good to support them to avoid them crashing down). I can (and have) taken one Intellijel case as carry-on luggage, but both wouldn't work. I'm thinking about the possibility of getting a soft case made to hold both and still remain carry-on sized, but that would probably mean giving up the opportunity to keep everything patched. Other options for this use case (foldable case, can take it on a plane) would appear to be a pair of Arturia RackBrutes in their soft case, or the Amalgamod case, if Amalgamod got his production going reliably.

If you were talking about the Elite studio case, then I guess your issue comes down to whether you ever want to take your modules out in the real world or not, in which case a portable case would be a consideration. If not, the Elite studio case looks nice, but so do many others.
Lux A Turner
cv wrote:

There's a very good case builder (by all accounts) right here in the UK...

https://synthracks.com/
guigui
s.l.o.w wrote:
guigui wrote:

Are you talking about the 12U portable case or studio case from Elite? I have both the Elite portable 416 case and a pair of Intellijel 7U cases. The advantage of the Elite, for me, is that it's a single contained solution, closes patched, and I can (and have) taken it as carry-on luggage on international flights. It also looks elegant; the finish/coating is nice. Downsides for the Elite are that it's pretty heavy, needs support for the top part when opened, and by design the top rack is recessed into the case, making access to smaller modules on the sides a bit fiddly.

The Intellijel cases look more utilitarian, but have the extra 1U row in each case, integrated legs, and can be used together with the joiners, or side by side. Also, easy access to all modules, since there are no lips like the Elite case. The Intellijel cases can also be stood up vertically (though it would be good to support them to avoid them crashing down). I can (and have) taken one Intellijel case as carry-on luggage, but both wouldn't work. I'm thinking about the possibility of getting a soft case made to hold both and still remain carry-on sized, but that would probably mean giving up the opportunity to keep everything patched. Other options for this use case (foldable case, can take it on a plane) would appear to be a pair of Arturia RackBrutes in their soft case, or the Amalgamod case, if Amalgamod got his production going reliably.

If you were talking about the Elite studio case, then I guess your issue comes down to whether you ever want to take your modules out in the real world or not, in which case a portable case would be a consideration. If not, the Elite studio case looks nice, but so do many others.

I was talking about the portable version.

I'll probably end up with a MDLR case.
insoul8
are there any issues with the new MDLR boards and some digital modules? I heard rumblings of that at some point but don't know if it had to do with the new power they are using or if that was even the issue.
guigui
insoul8 wrote:
are there any issues with the new MDLR boards and some digital modules? I heard rumblings of that at some point but don't know if it had to do with the new power they are using or if that was even the issue.

I didn't know about that.

AFAIK, MDLR boards are made by Konstant Lab, which makes very reliable boards.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 [all]
Page 4 of 4