MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

3rd oscillator module or 2nd dual Envelator module to system
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author 3rd oscillator module or 2nd dual Envelator module to system

thesnow

If you had a system with one of each module (CVCO WC SEQ WB DE DM BF) excluding an Omni filter and you were going to add 1 more module to your system to make it 8 modules which would you choose a 3rd oscillator module (CVCO or WC) or a 2nd dual Envelator module?

sabasan

if you don't care about a full adsr I will go for a vco

thesnow

sabasan wrote:
if you don't care about a full adsr I will go for a vco

Well 1 dual Envelator would give me a full adsr if I wanted it but I'm just trying to think which would be more interesting as an 8th module more envelope generators or a 3rd oscillator module.

plord

Osc for sure. WFC if you can find one, so you can have a different ROM, or go for the MARF functions. But an extra CVCO gets you all kinds of fun also: an LFO, a clock source that can do double/half time jumps via SEQ fiddling, or you can do SIN on SIN FM over a drone coming from your WFC....

slow_riot

Did someone say Sine?

I'm still not happy with it though!

@ thesnow... don't you need to keep the ones you have to get to 8? smile

thesnow

slow_riot wrote:

@ thesnow... don't you need to keep the ones you have to get to 8? smile

Haha grin I know, it must be annoying seeing me put by system up on bst all the time then change my mind, the thing is if someone was interested in buying my system the money would go such a long way right now that I might sell it but if I can get over this hump then I would like to eventually go for a horizontal 8 module system in a nice wooden case. I've played on a 200e, a 200 briefly, never played a serge, and the wiard is my favorite system that I've played.

slow_riot

thesnow wrote:

Haha grin I know, it must be annoying seeing me put by system up on bst all the time then change my mind, the thing is if someone was interested in buying my system the money would go such a long way right now that I might sell it but if I can get over this hump then I would like to eventually go for a horizontal 8 module system in a nice wooden case. I've played on a 200e, a 200 briefly, never played a serge, and the wiard is my favorite system that I've played.

Here's a thing I learned the hard way.... synths are easy to sell when they are in production... people end up taking it for granted that they will always be around. Notice how many big Wiard systems went up when Wessex Analogue came onto the scene... Boutique gear is kept aflame by one person's passion... sure they might be around when you want the modules back, they also may not be.

drumsofd00m

Actually you can patch two ADSRs with one Dual Envelator, two VCO modules (CVCO or WFC) and one additional CV mixer (i.e. Mixolator or external). The AR parts won't be voltage controlled, but can be jumpered (or switched, if the VCO has that nifty little mod in the VOL pot) between linear and exponential.

It totally depends on each user's style of music which module config is best for them. If you go for 8, I'd recommend said Omni Filter instead of excluding it. Can serve as a filter, phaser or VCO with a lot more I/Os and options than most, if not any other VCF module.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1