MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Braids Illustrated v1.7
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Braids Illustrated v1.7
Bob Borries

Braids is a digital Module with very high quality sound. It does a very good job of emulating analog signals and contains the latest in digital technology.

I'm not associated with Mutable Instruments, this module is special because it contains a museum of synthesis techniques. I decided to make this Encyclopedia to spotlight the modes inside and to reflect on synthesizers from the past that influenced them as well as a few from the future.

This manual of sorts is an open-source project and I new your help if you find any glaring mistakes (some of these modes I admit I'm not sure what's going on) please let me know.
modular@bobborries.com

If you would like to print this illustrated guide to the Braids click the PDF link here... http://www.vo1t.com/Vo1tIllustrated.html

Bob Borries
Braids Digital Modes Part 1

Bob Borries
Braids Digital Modes Part 2

Bob Borries
Braids Digital Modes Part 3

Bob Borries
Braids Vocal Modes

Bob Borries
Braids FM Modes

Bob Borries
Braids Additive Modes

Bob Borries
Braids Physical Modeling Modes

Bob Borries
Braids Wavetable Modes

Bob Borries
Braids Noise Modes

Bob Borries
Braids Granular Modes

Bob Borries
Braids Percussive Modes

If you would like to print this illustrated guide to the Braids click the PDF link here... http://www.vo1t.com/Vo1tIllustrated.html
zam
Woah awesome! eek!

Don't own one yet but this is fantastic, instantly helps me understand what it can do, good work thumbs up
sloth713
we're not worthy fantastic stuff Bob Borries we're not worthy
Mercutio
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

You rocks ! Mutable rocks ! modular community rocks !
scottmoon
applause what a great labor of love thumbs up
Clemdu
Really interesting, great work ! (but now I just want a Braid so badly smile )
mats_j
Thanks for this! Very ambitious work!
insula
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

this is F%&""·"$·"%&/ amazing ... i need to buy a braids very frustrating very frustrating
warnton
thanks a lot for this (art)work
ETP
eek! woah that´s huge!!!
Paranormal Patroler
It's Karplus on the Pluck Mode. Thanks for this, I'll print and use as a poster on the studio.
sd88me
awesome, always wanted some more detail on many of the modes!
pichenettes
Wow, thanks for taking the time to do this, and actually understanding what Braids does, beyond "yuck, presets" and "ohhhh manymany wavetables!!"

Some notes

Analog morph: HIGH and LOW are reversed (COLOR adds slew-limiting and distortion). Also, can we have a RSF Kobol picture instead grin

FOLD: COLOR only morphs from sine to tri.

ZPKF: The shape of the peaking filter is more like a low-pass + the shape you have have drawn (more like a resonant LPF with a wide bump).

WTFM: the feedback goes all the way to the modulator (ie, modulator and carrier are modulating each other).

DRUM: the lower harmonics are also ring-modulating low-pass filtered noise to add narrow bands of noise in the spectrum.

BOWD/BLOW/FLUT: the actual signal flow diagram is too complicated to fit in the drawing, but maybe you could just add a box with a "non-linear element".

TWNQ: there is only one noise source, into two bandpass filters (ie, only half of your diagram).

CLOU/PRTC: I think you have swapped TIMBRE and COLOR
L4nd3R
A thing of beauty hyper

Works wonderfully in both a informational and promotional context. It just made me want one really really bad very frustrating

So many possibilities in such a little amount of hp SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7