MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modcan order
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Modcan order
happy
Hi,
I've tried to order some modules from modcan, but I got no reaction from Mr. Duncan yet.
I fear that my mail came into a spam file or so. ;-)
Could someone please help me to get contact to modcan?

Thanks a lot
goiks
I've tried to contact him twice in the last month, no reply.
haricots
Bruce (the main dude) is taking a break due to health issues. His brother and builder Simon were holding down the ship for a bit but seem to have dropped off the map. I have a module that needs repairs but I'm not getting any replies. It can wait .....
ignatius
also, they usually take a break in winter every year.
goiks
good to know! i hope he's doing ok.
oblis
Yeah, I was going to try to contact them again in January. I have an order and a module repair...the last correspondence was from his brother on Nov. 10 saying things were on hold. Hoping he's doing better and on the mend.
rezzn8r
haricots wrote:
Bruce (the main dude) is taking a break due to health issues. His brother and builder Simon were holding down the ship for a bit but seem to have dropped off the map for a bit. I have a module that needs repairs but I'm not getting any replies anymore. It can wait .....

I heard Simon moved back to the UK, and Bruce could be off indefinitely.
Best wishes to Bruce and his family.
happy
Ok, thank you all. we're not worthy
Best wishes to Bruce.
I will try to order later again.
tron23
I also tried to place an order but got no reply, hope all come back to normal status very soon, we need more Modcan!
dude
dang, sounds like things could be done for modcan? i wish someone with an accurate scoop could come along and demystify.
psykx
haricots wrote:

Where did you hear this from?
solitaryzen
Hope Bruce is ok. I've been planning out a B system for the past couple of months.... just e-mailed a couple of days ago. This thread is certainly not encouraging, but lets hope all will be ok (especially re. Bruce himself if he's not well....)
psykx
Here's hoping all is ok.
frokka
Someone in the Toronto-area should ask around, perhaps there are some shops / retailers that have more info.
They usually function as "hubs" for all sorts of insider news.
rezzn8r
I had heard from someone at the last Toronto Synth meet that, yes, Bruce was taking a break for health reasons.
Soviet Space Child
Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery! Guinness ftw!
modcan4ever
psykx wrote:
haricots wrote:

Where did you hear this from?

Well its true about the move, but for unrelated reasons.
And yes, where did you hear it from anyway??!!

As for Bruce's health or otherwise, it's not for me to comment.
But my screen name is not just that - it's a statement of intent!

Simon.
Modcan For Ever!
The Disquiet
modcan4ever wrote:

Modcan For Ever!

YES!!!!
modcan4ever
So I feel I should introduce myself properly! (No time yesterday).

I am genuinely the "Simon" who worked for Bruce (Modcan) for 10 years building your A & B series modules and lately lots of Euro (Sorry that's not a swear word on the 5U forum is it? hihi )

I can easily prove my identity - dude, haricots, rezzn8r and Chris Winkels have all met me (among many others).

Yes I do know what the situation with Bruce is - but it really is not my place to comment. Suffice to say Modcan will prevail.

I am commenting in the way that I am only because I did not want the "outing" of the fact I had returned to the UK to be interpreted as an indicator of the "end of Modcan".
Yes it was badly timed, but entirely unrelated to Bruce's situation. And in any case, I am a dual national so I could return at any time....

So there you are. Some truth's intended to put an end to rumors!

Simon.
Modcan For Ever!
rezzn8r
Hi Simon!
Glad to hear that you are doing well.

Quote:
Yes I do know what the situation with Bruce is - but it really is not my place to comment. Suffice to say Modcan will prevail.

I'm sure Bruce appreciates the respect for his privacy.
sydilaxe
It is really nice to see people respectful of privacy here and also supportive of the instruments that Bruce has developed/delivered. I am not worried about the future of Modcan, as Bruce has run a smart business over the years. I hope that he is taking the time he needs to heal.
ignatius
modcan4ever wrote:

thank you for the update on things. appreciate it a lot! so much respect for Bruce and Modcan. hope he can take all the time he needs to do whatever it is he needs to do. Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug
solitaryzen
Hoping Bruce is doing ok, great to hear that Modcan is still going. I was about to enquire about ordering a rather large B system late last year.... I'm starting to look at other 5U options, but would certainly prefer a modcan system. Any information on a rough date for resumption of business would be great to know.
CF3
Glad I found this thread. I had inquired about a euro Quad LFO (2nd one, I LOVE that module!!) to a few retailers and got a cryptic "Bruce is sick" and "good chance there will never be anymore Modcan" response waah . I sincerely hope Bruce is doing OK and that whatever is ailing him (which is none of business) can and will be cleared up. There's nothing more important than your health. Best wishes to Bruce, his family and Modcan.

Modcan4Ever we're not worthy ModCan! Guinness ftw!
Morley
Best wishes to Bruce.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4