MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable sheep
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Mutable sheep
Matos
Y'alll just a bunch of sheep jumping on the bandwagooooooooooooh just kidding.
New tides unofficial firmware for tides. Strictly beta.
http://mutable-instruments.net/modules/sheep/manual
ben_hex
I was wondering what this was, thought it would stick with the idea of a self contained voice. No tides to try it on, but looking forward to seeing some content with it.
mwvm
champion
pichenettes
Matos
My fast, dirty video which skips over tons of features because I can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNCcmxzhnc
Liquidyzer
Matos wrote:
My fast, dirty video which skips over tons of features because I can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teNCcmxzhnc

Sounds smooth enough, as a freebie this is awesome thumbs up
pitri
very nice, thanks!
gonna try it out tomorrow
anselmi
I read "peter grenader is brilliant" hihi
waveglider
Oliver is a marketing genius! Now I have to buy another Tides so I have one with each version of firmware. Never maintain cash savings again
Joe.
re-release Branches dammit very frustrating
Convulser
Dear sweet lord. Mutable Instruments is unstoppable!
pichenettes
LoFi Junglist wrote:
re-release Branches dammit very frustrating

I'll have some units in the shop when I reopen.

I've moved the production of this module back to France, so there will no longer be delays and long periods of downtime.
AThousandDetails
waiting that Escape from Noise gets Tides to send me over grin
djthopa
BEEEEEEE
Joe.
pichenettes wrote:
I'll have some units in the shop when I reopen.

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
bartleby
i love how sheep combines tides' waveshaping, virtual vca, lots of cv inputs, and general knob-per-function-hands-on-ness with braids' wmap 2d wavetable capabilities. brilliant!
mwvm
So a "directors cut" of braids?

As in cut down version with a sub out?
pichenettes
Nope. Nope. Nope.

A "directors cut" of braids' WMAP mode.

With more waves, additive/formant waves, and the wavefolder/filter of the original Tides.

Braids provides many synthesis methods (people wrongly call it a wavetable oscillator, this is plain wrong). Because of this, Braids' wavetable models (WMAP, WTBL, WLIN...) focus on things that sound different from the other models. For example, Braids has dedicated vocal/formant models, or dedicated models for classic analog waveforms like square or saw, so there are no formants or square or saw in Braids' wavetable. And some people complained about that! They wanted a bit of everything in the wavetables...

The wavetables in Sheep cover a larger territory.
clusterchord
it sounds awesome, very goooey, smooth response to both wave scanning and pitch change. i like it.

can't wait to see the alternate panel for this, if it's coming. think its a must.
radiokoala
Olivier, what does clock input on Tides do when NOT in PLL mode?

(I mean original firmware.)
pichenettes
radiokoala wrote:
Olivier, what does clock input on Tides do when NOT in PLL mode?

(I mean original firmware.)

Nothing.
radiokoala
That's what i'm hinting at. Speaking of firmware revisions, maybe you could make a little update that would make it do something?

If technically possible. thumbs up
pichenettes
It's technically possible, but what?
radiokoala
Well since in loop mode there is already a reset, maybe an envelope retrig? Would seem fitting. As to lfo/vco mode, I was scratching my head a bit, but I have one idea inspired by what you did in a 'sheep' firmware - maybe cycle through slopes periodically? (Which for envelope mode should be pretty nice as well).

So far, this, but maybe I'll have other ideas. Or other guys!

Upd. One more, fresh... switch between H/S/M modes?
bartleby
just uploaded sheep to one of my tides and played around with it a little: it's great!
that 1bit output is really wicked.

it's well worth getting a second (or third, or fourth) tides for...
i so hope that there is going to be a dedicated faceplate for this.

[edit: corrected some typos]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6