MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer Oddysey
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author Behringer Oddysey
exper
Huh. Posted to their Facebook. For $500.

Cymatics
Forumcat #2
desdinova
I'll believe it when it's shipped
mha
Sounds like they're just gauging interest - it's not an actual product yet.

Quote:
How would you feel if we build an authentic ARP Odyssey synthesizer, but with a unique 3-mode VCF circuitry (that replicates all MK I to III versions) plus full Midi/USB implementation? Price around US$ 500. Shoot...
pixelmechanic
Wonder what Korg think about this...

Wasn't this supposed to happen?

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/0217/
Mitaric
Odyssey price war! o_O
controlvoltage
oh, Behringer... really?

it's almost like they aggressively refuse to have any original ideas.
exper
If they can do that for $500 then do a 2600 for $1000! At least no one is working on that already. Just the DIY one.

Maybe they'll make beruchla systems too. A 12 panel system for $2000. wink

This is what I fear though with modular synths gaining notoriety.
Ranxerox
Hmm... could indicate some behind-the-scenes commercial shenanigans from our friend Mr. David Friend, perhaps playing hard-to-get in order to drive up his Korg consultancy fee. Wasn't he one of the guys who originally killed ARP with the doomed Avatar project?
Soy Sos
BEHRINGER
How would you feel if we build an authentic ARP Odyssey synthesizer, but with a unique 3-mode VCF circuitry (that replicates all MK I to III versions) plus full Midi/USB implementation? Price around US$ 500. Shoot...

https://www.facebook.com/BEHRINGER/photos/a.10150572353698914.404212.1 05517788913/10152939189238914/?type=1
Rigo
pixelmechanic wrote:
Wonder what Korg think about this...

Wasn't this supposed to happen?

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/0217/

Shipping early 2015 ...

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/0831/
exper
Interesting. What was Korg's price point?

I have to say though, I prefer the black/gold design over the Orange block one that korg is doing. Mr. Green
Mitaric
Any word on if Korg is going with a "mini" version of the Odyssey like they did with the MS-20?
thevegasnerve
I have a feeling that something is likely wrong with the Korg Arp deal, but hey, that's their concern. I hope both the Behringer and Korg make it to the market. Although I am already feeling saturated with synths... and kids, and pets....
zedius
I don't even know what to write about this. I think it's ridiculous. Korg has really been a catalyst for positive change in the synth market these past few years, and they've gathered a lot of respect in doing so. I don't know why Behringer would want to come into this market by trying to undercut them. It's such a lose-lose situation.
controlvoltage
zedius wrote:
I don't know why Behringer would want to come into this market by trying to undercut them.

Because it's always been their approach to every market?
Rooftree
When Korg made their Odyssey announcement I was excited. When Begringer made this announcement I was perplexed and even a little worried. I have faith that Korg will do a good job. But I expect Behringer will need to make a lot of compromises to hit their price point.
Jason Brock
I wonder if they are trolling Korg? Just poking at them? There are so many other popular vintage mono synths they could have chosen to mock up.
GGW
Ya, the Odyssey is being done so it might be more interesting if Behringer did another famous clone. A Mini Moog would be great!

Enjoy the show!
zedius
controlvoltage wrote:
zedius wrote:
I don't know why Behringer would want to come into this market by trying to undercut them.

Because it's always been their approach to every market?

Agreed, but the home studio mixer market is much broader than the analog monosynth market. I think it would be smarter to play this one like Arturia has and get the consumers' support and enthusiasm.
Mitaric
They seem to be confirming that this is in development on the FB page.

"Our version will be different (than the Korg) as we add a 3-mode filter plus a full digital MIDI interface. Also we will add full-size keys and a digital FX processor built in."
IR
Cymatics wrote:
Forumcat #2

I'm sure he'll love to sit on the keys, then someone will post an awesome wallpaper.
extra testicle
controlvoltage wrote:
oh, Behringer... really?

it's almost like they aggressively refuse to have any original ideas.

yeah, i was optimistic, but this seems so douchey.

i mean, why not do like a rip off the sq10 (something that korg should bring back imo) mixed into a cs30 homage or something. ems pls. lol

what worries me is that they're not ripping off korg or moog because if they could get it to sound close, they probably would?
Chiefy11
I wasn't considering the korg version for the same reason I didn't consider the MS-20 mini, the 86% sized keys.

If Behringer does this, and uses full sized keys, I think I'll buy one. As long as nothing is potted, I'm not too worried about reliability. I also don't mind the digital FX, as long as there's a couple of different delays.
deltaphoenix
I thought they were going to do a polysynth.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 1 of 8