MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Newb looking for 'Patching for dummies' kind of thing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 [all]
Author Newb looking for 'Patching for dummies' kind of thing
Pelsea
I guess I can add this to the list:

This is a compilation of class handouts I wrote over forty years of teaching synthesis at the University of Iowa and the University of California, Santa Cruz. It has been rewritten for a general audience and 21st century systems. The book breaks down into three sections:
Stuff electronic musicians need to know— mostly definitions of technical terms.
What’s in a synthesizer—descriptions of the modules and what they do.
What to do with your synthesizer—step by step patching from basic beep to music of the Krell.
112 pages, available from Lulu.com. Quickest way to find it is search on “modular synthesizer”
Schylla17
Hi, i'm quite new in this world, so this will be a noob question for sure and i'm sorry for that.

Anyways, i have recently bought a make noise 0 coast and a Mutable Instruments Ripples.

The fact is that when i patch in the waveform from the 0 coast to the Ripples and my headphones to its output, i hear a quite loud white noise in background. I was wondering where does it come from and how can i reduce it.
pichenettes
Quote:
and my headphones to its output

Just don't do that.

You can only plug headphones in... headphone outputs.
mahler007
Thanks for all this info!

Best,
Andrew
hotstepper
Thanks for all the info!!
GreenPiece
Good info, thanks.
hippasus
Quote:
This is a compilation of class handouts I wrote over forty years of teaching synthesis at the University of Iowa and the University of California, Santa Cruz. It has been rewritten for a general audience and 21st century systems. The book breaks down into three sections:
Stuff electronic musicians need to know— mostly definitions of technical terms.

Great to have you in this forum Pelsea.
Is there a way to get a downloadable version of this document from Lulu.com?
I will love to have one but a request from the otherside of the Atlantic doesn't sound like a great option. Or any European distributor? Or did I miss the download link in lulu.com?
Thanks
mister_wavey
hippasus wrote:

Great to have you in this forum Pelsea.
Is there a way to get a downloadable version of this document from Lulu.com?
I will love to have one but a request from the otherside of the Atlantic doesn't sound like a great option. Or any European distributor? Or did I miss the download link in lulu.com?
Thanks

lulu print locally in many countries. I ordered this book from the UK and received it in a couple handful of days. it is a great read.
hippasus
Ordered. Thank you.
moosey2juicy
Great info here!
Alex69
This was a great thread, thank you.
Tun
Although a lot of dead links this is a fantastic resource, thank you!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 [all]
Page 7 of 7