MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CGS116 Extended ADSR issue
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author CGS116 Extended ADSR issue
Synesthesia
Hey Lads,

I am building a Marsh. I have wired up both CGS116 ... first one is working fine....

the second one only works when the first gate signal is sent, and then it doesn't seem to cycle. so a few second after power up, it doesn't work anymore.

I checked the wiring already it seems ok ... checked the power and ground going to the IC's looks fine too.

I mostly post here to see if someone who understand the circuit might give me a hint smile

Since the first module worked well, i can assume that all IC's are correctly selected - etc.
Synesthesia
Swapped my ic's - same thing ...
Don T
Synesthesia wrote:
Swapped my ic's - same thing ...

Ok, given that...

Are both your boards the same version? Between V1.0 and V1.1, the silkscreen had a change, and depending on which transistor you used to the LED driver, you may have to flip it over.
Synesthesia
Quote:
Are both your boards the same version?

Good call wink but both 1.1 .

it get's weirder : yesterday evening after checking the IC's, I re-did most of the solder joints, just in case... still the same.

Checked all the transistor : all the right ones in the right places ...

curiouser and curiouser
Don T
Synesthesia wrote:
Quote:
Are both your boards the same version?

Good call wink but both 1.1 .

it get's weirder : yesterday evening after checking the IC's, I re-did most of the solder joints, just in case... still the same.

Checked all the transistor : all the right ones in the right places ...

curiouser and curiouser

Ah, then I suggest checking for these, not because you were likely to make such mistakes, but because I HAVE made such mistakes:

1. All diodes in the correct direction.
2. All polarized (or polarised if you live on the more civil side of the pond) caps in the correct direction. Interestingly enough, if you were working on the bias circuit of a tube-based power amplifier, you would already know if this was the problem.

If nothing is resolved after a quick check of the above, lift one leg of each passive component from the circuit and test individually. I can show you a bag of brand new, very expensive, mil-spec, 1%, 475K resistors that all measure exactly 422K! Then there was the one 47pf silver-mica capacitor that did indeed measure 47pf, but at the same time managed to measure as a 12K resistor! Dead Banana
Synesthesia
I am controlling the voltage around the diode at the moment - i am now pretty sure I've burned one of them.
Exhale
Fot what reason I see lots of unused solder pads in this project ?
Just an element of design ) ?
(Not only in this. Lot's of other at CGS)

I marked them in red.
nigel
You can break the board into two halves (and then join the traces that have three holes in a row).
Exhale
Okay. Why somebody should break it ?
Adapt to eurorack ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1