MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

IDOW DVD - poor quality pressing (*edit by admin: dud disc)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Author IDOW DVD - poor quality pressing (*edit by admin: dud disc)
melodydad
I was given the Hardcore Edition on DVD for Christmas and have just finished watching ... Most of it.

Apart from not being able to select the menu sections individually through my DVD player, but only able to 'play all' or skip chapters, the disc came to a stuttering halt at the beginning of the Schneidersbureau section and the only way I could continue was to skip forward.

Examining the disc, it appears to be of very poor quality of manufacture and has a significant 'watermark' effect around a large section.

I would have expected better...... seriously, i just don't get it
s o l v e n t
melodydad wrote:
I was given the Hardcore Edition on DVD for Christmas and have just finished watching ... Most of it.

Apart from not being able to select the menu sections individually through my DVD player, but only able to 'play all' or skip chapters, the disc came to a stuttering halt at the beginning of the Schneidersbureau section and the only way I could continue was to skip forward.

Examining the disc, it appears to be of very poor quality of manufacture and has a significant 'watermark' effect around a large section.

I would have expected better...... seriously, i just don't get it

It's a professional, high-quality pressing. You must've gotten a dud disc. From where did you order it? Whether direct or from another retailer, I'm sure you should be able to get a replacement.
noobyscooby
As somebody that works in television and has relied on duplication houses in the past, I can say that dud DVDs happen all the time. Its not a 1000% perfect science. As Solvent mentioned he'll be happy to offer a replacement. But it happens.
melodydad
As I stated in the OP, it was a Christmas present so I cannot be sure where it was purchased, neither do I have the receipt. My best guess would be Amazon UK.

I run a production music company and from 1987 - 2008, was involved in the manufacture of hundreds of thousands of factory manufactured CD's. I know a poor quality pressing when I see one . . . .

A replacement copy would be much appreciated though .....

Thanks
s o l v e n t
melodydad wrote:
As I stated in the OP, it was a Christmas present so I cannot be sure where it was purchased, neither do I have the receipt. My best guess would be Amazon UK.

I run a production music company and from 1987 - 2008, was involved in the manufacture of hundreds of thousands of factory manufactured CD's. I know a poor quality pressing when I see one . . . .

A replacement copy would be much appreciated though .....

Thanks

Please ask the person who bought it for you to contact the company he/she bought it from for a replacement. If it was a direct order, the email will come to me and I will certainly send out a replacement. As would Amazon.

I don't appreciate the point you are making on a public forum that it's a poor quality pressing. There's no truth to that point. We've sold a lot of copies of this DVD and you are the first person to suggest that it's a low quality pressing, so please bear that in mind.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> I Dream Of Wires  
Page 1 of 1