MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noisering vs. 300 series?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author Noisering vs. 300 series?
Kwote
Is there enough within the 300 series architecture that you could patch up NoiseRing type stuff?
Muff Wiggler
not that i can tell....admittedly I haven't received my 300 modules yet, so I haven't been able to patch around to play, but, from what i've seen, no not totally. I think you could derive a couple of similar functions, but i really don't think you can get the whole enchilada
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
not that i can tell....admittedly I haven't received my 300 modules yet, so I haven't been able to patch around to play, but, from what i've seen, no not totally. I think you could derive a couple of similar functions, but i really don't think you can get the whole enchilada

well my guess is similar to what you're saying. and also that tying up multiple 300 modules to get noisering like stuff probably would be frustrating at times. but still the question is eating at me.

i'd just like to hear how close it could approximate and what specific patches would have to be done to make it happen??
Liquidcolor
The noise output on the Classic VCO is in the same territory, but the Noise Ring is really very different especially for CV's.

The Woggle can be clocked into low audio rates but it is even less similar.

The Noise Ring is really totally unique unto itself.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
The noise output on the Classic VCO is in the same territory, but the Noise Ring is really very different especially for CV's.

The Woggle can be clocked into low audio rates but it is even less similar.

The Noise Ring is really totally unique unto itself.

appreciate the response. i had a thought that i mentioned in another thread about a dual noisering in 300 format. don't know how feasable it is but if/when the 1200 series is officially discontinued i'm gonna suggest it to Grant.
Muff Wiggler
Grant already discussed making a dual 300 series noise ring, back when he pulled the plug on the frac modules (and then backtracked, only killing off the blue ones). But he is slowly ending the life of them, I know there won't be many more 1200 series noise rings made.

I don't recall exactly, i should go through the wiardgroup archives if anyone REALLY REALLY wants to know, so I could be incorrect here....but I seem to remember that there was some technical problem with getting 2 NR's on a 300 series panel, and he ended up not doing it. All the other 1200 series modules migrated to a 300 format (joysticks, JAGs, Boogie and Borg), but the NR did not, and it's always been my understanding (possibly incorrect) that they will not be.
plord
You could simulate the "random pattern that repeats" by sending Sequantizer output to the disturb input on the 'bug, but it won't be the same thing. They are very different circuits and the Noise Ring definitely goes places the Wogglebug will not and vice versa.
Roycie Roller
Yep, i wouldn't be suprised if we see some kind of incarnation of the Noise Ring in 300 format. I'd love to see an expanded version with the usual 20 jacks & 10 knobs. Possibly some kind of filter there, or better still, a scaled down Classic VCO that could be slaved to the ring or vice versa.
And i'm really hoping the Envelooper appears in 300 format too.
As far as new 300's, i have read that Grant would find the job of coming up with 4 new modules quite a prospect.
I'd really, really love to see him work on some weird IC's for new 300's. A few 300's like a cv recorder or sampler would blow the roof off an already infinitely deep synthesizer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1