MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

two Rings, or not two Rings?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Author two Rings, or not two Rings?
el clon
would there really be much use for two Noise Rings? i already have one on the way and am wondering if i should get another before they're gone. i'd probably have to put off buying a third 300s module.

i know it depends on my needs and taste and all, but i'm wondering if those of you w/a large modular system and many choices find yourselves using two of them... or wishing you had a second one.

thanks much!
Muff Wiggler
oh hell yes

i have two and as I've said before they are the last modules I would ever ever get rid of

for one, their clocks can intermodule each other for some of the most utterly insane 'random but also repeating' clock cycles you have ever heard

for two, and admittedly you can't really do this without a JAG, but if you feed a single JAG the outputs of two NR's, you end up with ten quasi-random gates, and of course being ruled by noise rings you can take loops out of these random gates and make them repeat perfectly, or repeat almost perfectly with changes coming in at whatever probability level you want

fuck, don't get me started. Noise Rings.
el clon
wow! that all sounds amazing.
i'm totally sold already. Mr. Green
consumed
im perfectly content with one smile
el clon
Quote:
m perfectly content with one

i don't wanna hear that!
eek!
Kwote
the typical deal with modulars is this. if you can get two, get two. then if.. after extensive use and thought.. it doesn't seem necessary, flip it and make your money back. well, usually most of your money back.. not all. wear and tear ya know 8)

my goal is to never sell any module i buy ever but i don't want to curse myself meh
el clon
Quote:
the typical deal with modulars is this. if you can get two, get two. then if.. after extensive use and thought.. it doesn't seem necessary, flip it and make your money back. well, usually most of your money back.. not all. wear and tear ya know

hmm.... most interesting.

i think that's a pretty solid idea.
consumed
its solid until you find youself with two or three or four of everything and youve got no room left lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard  
Page 1 of 1