MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A Place to Bury Strangers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author A Place to Bury Strangers
CursedFrogurt
Any other fans out there on the forums? They're one of those bands that I'm not sure I would actually say they're my favorite, but the play count on Itunes doesn't lie. Their first album has like 55 plays, and that's not including the countless times the album pissed off my coworkers at my old job (I'm gonna say it got nearly as many plays at work as it does at home).

They kind of smush everything I like about shoegaze into one band. Beautiful textures, bone crunching distortion, machinegun drums, reverb smeared vocals with mediocre lyrics . . . it's all there!

It took me a bit to get into the second album (Exploding Head), but now that it has grown on me it's been getting repeated spins. Just hitting the spot right now.
TrashWaveform
Missed out on a chance to see them with Nails this past summer. By the time I got there they were just wrapping up. very frustrating
CursedFrogurt
Oh man that sucks! I really need to go see these guys play, I think that they'd have one hell of a live show. If I could somehow get them together with Psychic Paramount for a show, I think I'd die and go to hell.

Now was Reznor and company's live set?
TrashWaveform
CursedFrogurt wrote:
Oh man that sucks! I really need to go see these guys play, I think that they'd have one hell of a live show. If I could somehow get them together with Psychic Paramount for a show, I think I'd die and go to hell.

Now was Reznor and company's live set?
You mean how was the live set? It was terrible. Nah, it was NIN. Always a good show and it was during the first leg of the LITS tour. Just wish I could of caught APTBS before hand. The second leg I saw Boris opening though. Would of really liked to see them when Horrors opened. I love The Horrors.
CursedFrogurt
I've not listened to The Horrors until now . . . pretty fucking rad! Very Birthday Partyesque. Any other reccomendations? hyper
greydominion
The new horrors are a lame my bloody valentine/joy divison rip off (obviously, even note to note rip offs). The old horrors are an obvious birthday party and 60s garage rock rip off but I like that old style better from them. They are rip off band, but still good...

APTBS on the other hand is the best band in their league today...hands down! I saw them live and that was the best show in a while. There is still hope for modern semi-popular music I guess. So loud and raw, even perhaps like the good old days of The Who?
TrashWaveform
Listening to the bands you mentioned before listening to The Horrors I would say they inspired The Horrors but not ripped off. I find some originality in the work. And it is nice someone is doing music like that again and doing it right.

Also nothing is no longer original anymore. Borrowed/inspired/ripped no matter what you do it will fall into that. No matter what traces from someone else will be in your work.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1