MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

temps_utile / 6 x clock generator [build thread etc]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 [all]
Author temps_utile / 6 x clock generator [build thread etc]
djthopa
ricwadsworth wrote:
djthopa wrote:
Apologies if this has been asked.

My temps panel does not come with a hole on the right of the lcd like on the ornament and crimes.

When i push the top button, i can see the lcd bending down Dead Banana

Any ideas on how to fix this?

There is s space behind the panel but i cant bolt it to the panel since there is no hole.

Cheers

I used a similar spacer to the o_C but reverse attached through the PCB.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up! I was thinking on using some hot glue between the spacer and the pcb.

Ill give your idea a go, i dont fancy drilling the panel.

Edited:im looking closer the image you attached, but that does not stop the pcb from pushing away from the panel when pressing the button, or am i missing something?

Cheers!
ricwadsworth
Quote:

Thanks for the heads up! I was thinking on using some hot glue between the spacer and the pcb.

Ill give your idea a go, i dont fancy drilling the panel.

Edited:im looking closer the image you attached, but that does not stop the pcb from pushing away from the panel when pressing the button, or am i missing something?

Cheers!

I see what you mean. Mine was to give clearance for the oled. Maybe a dot of hot glue?. I think I might try that on mine too smile
matjinks
Hi There, I just finished a Temps build and everything except out 4 is working, any ideas? also what is the DAC jumper for and which legs should be jumped to do what exactly? I cannot find any info on the DAC jumper in build info or in use must be an oversight?

Thanks for help,

Mathew.
Altitude909
matjinks wrote:
Hi There, I just finished a Temps build and everything except out 4 is working, any ideas? also what is the DAC jumper for and which legs should be jumped to do what exactly? I cannot find any info on the DAC jumper in build info or in use must be an oversight?

Thanks for help,

Mathew.

> also what is the DAC jumper for

To make output 4 work smile

Out 4 is actually coming from the DAC as a clock signal. It's a bit of a legacy thing but the originally idea was to have that available as a CV output for some apps and the jumper was to switch between a clock out only and the DAC channel on the teensy. It never was really implemented on any apps AFAIK and the current config simply has the DAC spit out a square wave. CLK4 is a pad on the underside of the teensy that no one ever uses since its such a PITA to connect. Its routed on uTemps and you can use a pogo pin just like for the supervisor to enable it hardware wise but IDK what is required software wise to use it. The DAC clock out only goes to 4V instead of 5 too..

I would just use a wire lead and jump the DAC postion of the holes for the header
matjinks
Altitude909 wrote:
matjinks wrote:

Thanks for help,

Mathew.

> also what is the DAC jumper for

To make output 4 work smile

Out 4 is actually coming from the DAC as a clock signal. It's a bit of a legacy thing but the originally idea was to have that available as a CV output for some apps and the jumper was to switch between a clock out only and the DAC channel on the teensy. It never was really implemented on any apps AFAIK and the current config simply has the DAC spit out a square wave. CLK4 is a pad on the underside of the teensy that no one ever uses since its such a PITA to connect. Its routed on uTemps and you can use a pogo pin just like for the supervisor to enable it hardware wise but IDK what is required software wise to use it. The DAC clock out only goes to 4V instead of 5 too..

I would just use a wire lead and jump the DAC postion of the holes for the header

Ahhh I see so am I right in thinking output 4 is really only a DAC so in the firmware I should only choose the DAC option, unless I have a pogo installed to activate CLK4? And also I should have the pins jumped for DAC activation to make the DAC turn on. I’ll try this later tonight, thanks for the input I love this little module as an underdog to PNW smile
Altitude909
^
Yep, you got it. u dont have to change anything for the DAC out to be on, that's the default state. The CLK4 out very well may be as well so you only have to switch the jumper
matjinks
Altitude909 wrote:
^
Yep, you got it. u dont have to change anything for the DAC out to be on, that's the default state. The CLK4 out very well may be as well so you only have to switch the jumper

Strangely enough I am still not getting anything from no 4 out even with the DAC enabled, everything else works on the module, I tried reflowing some IC’s and smt’s But nothing changed seriously, i just don't get it
matjinks
matjinks wrote:
Altitude909 wrote:
^

Strangely enough I am still not getting anything from no 4 out even with the DAC enabled, everything else works on the module, I tried reflowing some IC’s and smt’s But nothing changed seriously, i just don't get it

Okay my bad I did not have the extra pin on the header to connect to CLK4 on the Teensy now all works great, just need to calibrate now smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 [all]
Page 31 of 31