MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Hello Tenori-On users
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Hello Tenori-On users
Paranormal Patroler
Seems like we haven't had a post in this part of the forum since 2011 lol !
What have you guys been up to?
pantalones
Well...the forum went down and we lost a lot of posts. I had posted a few things here last year.

either way i think it's time to sell my tenori-on.
Paranormal Patroler
I know dude, I moderate this place. I have lost several posts due to the meltdown and I keep on losing more. How come you're selling it?
pantalones
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
I know dude, I moderate this place. I have lost several posts due to the meltdown and I keep on losing more. How come you're selling it?

It's just become a museum piece that represented a lot of neat ideas and sits on my shelf. I have a pretty strict use it or lose it / anti-collector mentality in my studio.
Paranormal Patroler
Weird how one man's bread and butter is another man's museum piece. I adhere to your "use it or lose it" mentality and that's why I own two of 'em. hihi
Ginko
I have thought about the Tenori-on a lot. It's always been about hitting the *right* price for me hint hint hihi (don't call me i have no moneys)
Mr. Pete
i love my Tenori-On's ~ all three versions

Seems like we haven't had a post in this part of the forum since 2011 lol !
What have you guys been up to?
Kernelkunt
Ive always been curious about the tenori on. Have played around with the ipad version, and I love the different sequencing modes. However, I detest touch screens, so I might look into getting the real thing.

What are the differences between the orange and normal version?
On the ipad version, user samples cant be played chromatically, is this also the case on the hardware version?
Rigo
Orange version can't take batteries, and has no lights at the bottom. And has a different color hihi
Someone correct me if I'm wrong ...
Kent
Rigo wrote:
Orange version can't take batteries, and has no lights at the bottom. And has a different color hihi

That's about it, really. The magnesium shell, dual-sided lighting and rechargeable batteries were the most expensive parts of the unit. The 'Orange' version was an attempt to bring this cool product's price down to something that would make the product easier to acquire for the proletariat.
Paranormal Patroler
They should've done it earlier. The innitial admission was too steep.
ersatzplanet
mine has always been a hit at synth meets. I get more questions about it than my euro rig. People really dig it until they hear the price. mine has a broken on/off switch which is a real drag, and it is in a place where oldering in a new one is a PITA. Still love mine though. I use mine as a sequencer for my euro rig (five CV>MIDI converters) and I have a old laptop with a dedicated Reason setup just for the T-O that works really well.
Paranormal Patroler
Reason as synth?
ersatzplanet
Reason as synth?

Yes. I set up a Reason session with tracks mapped to similar sounding T-O tracks - bass line, rhythm, lead etc.) and write stuff on the T-O and when I get back to the studio, plug in the MIDI out from the T-O to the old laptop running reason and tweak the sounds there. Works great. I don't record or anything in the Reason setup, I just use it as a instrument. I have done this with a few multi-channel MIDI boxes to get away from the J-Pop sounds of the T-O. Sometimes it is good to layer them though. A cheap E-mu Proteus is a good choice too. Multi-channel and multiple audio out make it easy to use. I have also done this with a Wavestation SR but iy is much harder to set up.
flec8
pantalones
Hey If you're selling a TRN-W let me know!
lotri22
Hi,

is there any midi processor ,something like Midi Solutions unit, but editable in real time? I love my TenoriOn, with mini KP2's hard limiter,its my favourite music toy. With Perfourmer mk2, it's the fastest rhythm/melody maker.
With the midi processor and TR8,it will turn the digital 7890789 machine into cyborg grin I mean, change the CC's when triggers are ON, trigger Kick=mute Input…and so on…TR8's sequencer only for delay/reverb...
Paranormal Patroler
Depends on what it is exactly you're looking for, I can't tell by your description above: trigger Kick=mute Input ???

If you want real-time remapping of channels, filtering etc, I can only suggest a MidiTemp PMM-88 (which I happen to be selling in BST hihi ). No seriously, that's the only standalone device I know of which can be reprogrammed in real-time without using a computer. It has it's own remote program device for this exact reason.

Saying that, the EPP by MIDI solutions is not editable in real-time but you can send it MIDI messages to change between programs you've already created. It has 32 slots but they're usually not enough if you want to do crazy stuff like I do.

If money is not an issue I can also suggest a combination of the above, get EPPs and use a midi matrix to swap between them. Other options are to get a MIDIPal (which does a few cool tricks but only one channel), or wait for a few years until something new comes up.
Mr. Pete
its like any instrument the tactile sensation is considerably different
lighter weight too ~ even without batteries but thosee batteries (6 AA) are quite heavy

another major difference is the lights are on BOTH sides with the W so the audience can see the lights not just the performer

Rigo wrote:
IR
I don't own one, but I thought they were interesting so I downloaded the manual. Noticed it needs "vintage" sd cards, I was looking for those in shops a few months ago for my camera, impossible to find in real shops.
Paranormal Patroler
Not necessarily. I managed to find one from a computer shop very easily a year ago when I got my second unit.
lotri22
Depends on what it is exactly you're looking for, I can't tell by your description above: trigger Kick=mute Input ???

Let say, I wanna use each layer for triggering one voice on TR8.
CH1 for Kick, if the notes triggers the kick sound,at the same time I want turn the note number to CC value corresponding with the Kick's decay and CC value which opens the input's gate (will make the input duck when Kick is triggered)
CH2 for snare and so on
Paranormal Patroler
The TO sends each layer on a different MIDI channel, as you probably already know. Your above requirements are easily addressed via the MIDI Solutions box, but I fail to see where the real-time issue is. You can easily pre-program the EPP to do the above and let it do its thing while you're playing. Do you want to be able to swap between remappings? Can you give me an example of your editable in real-time requirements?
lotri22
The TO sends each layer on a different MIDI channel, as you probably already know. Your above requirements are easily addressed via the MIDI Solutions box, but I fail to see where the real-time issue is. You can easily pre-program the EPP to do the above and let it do its thing while you're playing. Do you want to be able to swap between remappings? Can you give me an example of your editable in real-time requirements?

Yes I would like to be more flexible with the mapping, without the need of the computer. The MidiSolutions proc. is exactly what I'm looking for, if there was a display/ encoder…it would be ideal. I will get it though. Thx
Paranormal Patroler
Well, as I said before if you're looking for real-time remapping of what goes where you should look into the MidiTemp series. Regardless that I am not keeping mine, I can attest that it is an extremely deep midi matrix, worth owing. If your setup contains a lot of synths it could be ideal as it's the only device I know of that can be reprogrammed on the fly, without requiring a computer, with it's small and compact remote programmer.

As old as MIDI is there are a lot of devices out there that can accommodate peculiar needs. Take it from a MIDI nut like myself, I keep digging up stuff I never imagined would be available.
IR
lotri22 wrote:

Let say, I wanna use each layer for triggering one voice on TR8.
CH1 for Kick, if the notes triggers the kick sound,at the same time I want turn the note number to CC value corresponding with the Kick's decay and CC value which opens the input's gate (will make the input duck when Kick is triggered)
CH2 for snare and so on
If you want to control CCs and mess with lots of settings, better get something like a Korg EMX-1 or ESX-1 or Yamaha RM1X, on all those you can remap the knobs to different CC values.

On the other hand, you could use a Tenori-On to trigger modular drums (with a MIDI to trig module), and simply connect the outputs of the modules to a mixer. You can then mute sounds at the mixer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2