MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Slow LFO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Slow LFO
Lyonel
It must be obvious but, anybody could tell me how reeeeally slooooowing down the LFO (Mod Osc) on a 259e or 261e ?
chimologic
Can't do it even the 281e doesn't get that slow. Eardrill has an lfo coming that should take care of that
///OSS
Make an LFO with a cycling envelope from the 281e and use the 256e to further manipulate the shape and length.

then apply that as a CV modulation for the 261.
Lyonel
Yeees ! Thank you very much, it gives something really slower than with the Mod Osc ; not utterly sloooooow, but slower. thumbs up
///OSS
did u also put the mod osc is low mode? there's low, high and track... try the low and see if its as slow as you want it.
Lyonel
///OSS wrote:
did u also put the mod osc is low mode?

Yes, but the Mod Osc is faster than your trick with an Envelope and a 256e.
prscrptn
You can also chain the output of one channel of the 256e into the next and so on...

Another technique is to try using the 250e as your modulation source; set step 1 to a low voltage, step 16 to a high voltage, turn on interpolation, and adjust your clock speed. thumbs up
kkonkkrete
Interesting. How do you use the 256e to make the cycles slower? I can see how you can double the wavelength by setting the transfer function to a triangle shape. But how do you get slower values out?

*edit* not double the wavelength, moron, double the frequency
Lyonel
prscrptn wrote:
You can also chain the output of one channel of the 256e into the next and so on...

Another technique is to try using the 250e as your modulation source; set step 1 to a low voltage, step 16 to a high voltage, turn on interpolation, and adjust your clock speed. thumbs up

I will try all this today, thanks w00t
infinite7
brilliant!!!
this is an awesome trick thank you soooo much!!! applause

totally enjoying a drone i made with this.
prscrptn
infinite7 wrote:
brilliant!!!
this is an awesome trick thank you soooo much!!! applause

totally enjoying a drone i made with this.

Post it! Post it! Post it!
Dono-Kun Dance - Dono-Kun Dance - Dono-Kun Dance
infinite7
had to get something better than a myspace link
http://soundcloud.com/honer/tracks

i'm modulating the mod. index of my 259e and the timbre of the 261e and amplitude a on the 291e.
it's simple, but i really like it.

oh yeah, stackables baby!
felix
Am I blind, or are you "mixing" signals with those stackcables!?
infinite7
yes i am, it works quite well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1