MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Volta Interface??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author Volta Interface??
emergencyofstate
Any hints or indications about a MOTU Volta specific interface? With Envelope controls and LFO speed control smile oh man...i NEED it.
bsmith
There's a device compatibility list going at expert sleepers site that should work with either volta or silent way (which you should check out):
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwacompatibility.html
Also, I just emailed motu today asking about the 8pre, they say it is DC coupled, volta compatible.
emergencyofstate
I currently use Volta with my MOTU Ultralite. I was thinking more along the lines of a dedicated/specific MOTU interface with hardware control of the plugin controls.
1nput0utput
udder wrote:
Also, I just emailed motu today asking about the 8pre, they say it is DC coupled, volta compatible.

But the 8pre only has four analog output channels (stereo main outputs and stereo headphones output), so perhaps it's not the best choice for Volta. For the same price ($549), you could get the UltraLite mk3 Hybrid, which has twelve analog output channels (stereo main outputs, eight additional analog outputs, stereo headphones output).
bsmith
Quote:
But the 8pre only has four analog output channels (stereo main outputs and stereo headphones output), so perhaps it's not the best choice for Volta

Yeah, I didn't dig deep enough to see that, too bad it doesn't have equivalent outs (for more reasons than this kind of usage). What is cool about it though is that you could use the adat port to hang it off a non-compatible interface, like I'm doing now with a lexicon mpx500 using the s/pdif of my digi 002 for silent way...
1nput0utput
udder wrote:
Quote:
But the 8pre only has four analog output channels (stereo main outputs and stereo headphones output), so perhaps it's not the best choice for Volta

What is cool about it though is that you could use the adat port to hang it off a non-compatible interface …

The 8pre's analog outputs (mains and phones) are disabled when it is in the standalone converter mode. You can do it with an UltraLite mk3 Hybrid (since it has S/PDIF input and standalone routing), but if you want more than two channels standalone D/A you should look at 828mk3, Traveler mk3, 896mk3, or 2408mk3.
jenamu6
How many cv/gates channels will the traveler MKII give you?
emergencyofstate
Looks like 6. Provided you want to keep your main 1&2 outs for your monitor mix...if not, then 8. I don't recall whether you can use the headphones out for CV. If you can, add another output. Does anyone know? I'm too lazy to search this morning but I'm sure it's in one of the volta or silent way threads.

1nput0utput
jenamu6 wrote:
How many cv/gates channels will the traveler MKII give you?

There was no Traveler mkII.

The original Traveler and the Traveler mk3 each have eight DC-coupled 1/4" analog outputs and a DC-coupled stereo headphones output. That's ten total CV outputs.
jenamu6
OK thanks.......I've been offered one for 275 euro.

Really love the functionality of Volta/Silent way........especially for finally being able to do tonal stuff......but f8cking hate the computer for music.
peterende
anyone tried using old rme fireface 400? does it work?
ssilk
word is that the rme ff400 will not work (except for the headphone output) - which is too bad, that really is one of my favorite interfaces
blakelists
MOTU 828 listed as working with Silent Way. Yippeee!!! Will download and demo next week with my old 828.
ersatzplanet
blakelists wrote:
MOTU 828 listed as working with Silent Way. Yippeee!!! Will download and demo next week with my old 828.

And you can get MOTU 828's on eBay for REALLY cheap. There is a Mk1 for $75 and a MkII for $76 on there now. and a couple more under $150. People always dump them as audio interfaces and they work great for CV controllers. I have 2 of them.
mookmoof
ersatzplanet wrote:
blakelists wrote:

And you can get MOTU 828's on eBay for REALLY cheap. There is a Mk1 for $75 and a MkII for $76 on there now. and a couple more under $150. People always dump them as audio interfaces and they work great for CV controllers. I have 2 of them.

I use a duet2 for audio interface, but have a motu mk2 I'd like to use as a cv controller with volta. Is it possible to use both together? I use DP7 as host. Thanks
emergencyofstate
mookmoof wrote:

I use a duet2 for audio interface, but have a motu mk2 I'd like to use as a cv controller with volta. Is it possible to use both together? I use DP7 as host. Thanks

If you're on a MAC you can create an "Aggregate Device" which is a combination of both interfaces. You do this under -Audio MIDI Set up-

If you're on a PC, I'm not sure.
parasitk
emergencyofstate wrote:
mookmoof wrote:

If you're on a MAC you can create an "Aggregate Device" which is a combination of both interfaces. You do this under -Audio MIDI Set up-

If you're on a PC, I'm not sure.

In DP though, you should be able to just go to Setup > Configure Audio System > Configure Hardware Driver (assuming it hasn't been moved since v6) and command + click as many audio interfaces as you need..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1