MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Korg SQ-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Korg SQ-1
Kingnimrod
http://www.korg.com/us/products/dj/sq_1/

Vakancy of Disko
That looks like it will be pretty damn sweet
glia
love the idea + layout

price will determine whether i eventually snag one
h4ndcrafted
I was hoping it would support other cv standards, although it would of been crazy not to.

I am def getting this, wish they had a link mode so you could link them and run 16 in parallel.

usb and battery power , sturdy build, very nice korg.

Nice little chunk from this angel
Vakancy of Disko
h4ndcrafted wrote:
I was hoping it would support other cv standards, although it would of been crazy not to.
they did. 1/2/5 volts per octave and hz per volt. What more do you need?

h4ndcrafted wrote:
I am def getting this, wish they had a link mode so you could link them and run 16 in parallel.
you could sync two units and then just turn off all the steps on one while the other plays and then turn off the steps on the first one while the second one plays...kind of a pain in the ass...maybe they will have some sort of up grade for that? There is a usb port
h4ndcrafted
Vakancy of Disko wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

h4ndcrafted wrote:
you could sync two units and then just turn off all the steps on one while the other plays and then turn off the steps on the first one while the second one plays...kind of a pain in the ass...maybe they will have some sort of up grade for that? There is a usb port

I know, thats what I was saying wink

You could, but yes that would be a total pita.
DJFonzi
This looks pretty dang sweet. Hope it's priced like it looks.
Joe.
Vakancy of Disko wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

That's the range of the CV accessible by the knob, not a type of V/o standard (eg for using the sequencer as a modulation source), Also the standard scaling is 1v per octave and 1.2 volts per octave, not 1, 2 and 5.

I'm sure the majority of users that use quantization will want to use their own Quantizer, with their own definable scales, rather than a generic 'major' and 'minor' setting. The V/hz makes sense for users who are limited to an MS20 though, and it would have been a shame not to include it.

Wish it had a CV input for transposition, but all in all i think it look like a great little sequencer, reminiscent of the old Cyclodon. If the next iteration of Monotrons have CV inputs I think Korg would be onto a winner.
DJFonzi
I'm so stinkin' intrigued by that LittleBits jack. If it comes with a3.5mm>bit snap connector I'll be beside myself. And surprised . With the imminent release of the LittleBits CV/gate modules, I can't really imagine why they'd need a dedicated 3.5mm jack.
I love Korg, and I adore the LittleBits synth stuff.
TheDegenerateElite
I thought the second generation of Monotrons was the Volcas?
ernestsu
I need this now!
Pris
Finally a not overpriced stepper.
At least I can continue my love/hate relationship with steppers.
I don't know any other piece of gear that is as boring/exciting as a step sequencer.
darenager
If you set it to linear mode then it is unquantized, so as long as you don't need quantization then it will work with any CV standard.

The littlebits out does not come with a bitsnap connector, and it seems to put out very low voltages, so maybe there will be a special bit coming out to support the SQ1.

But yeah great little sequencer, knobs are a bit hard to see, so might put some lines on mine or some knobs.
RichMakeGame
would be nice to replace the knobs in a way that lets them still light up.. any ideas?

I heard in one vid that there is indeed a special bit coming out
BugBrand
darenager wrote:
..knobs are a bit hard to see, so might put some lines on mine or some knobs.

Keep meaning to do that on my volcas etc. - very easy with a resistor leg offcut and some enamel paint - would make it much easier, but somehow I still haven't..

(got an sq1 on order - love these cheap clockable mini machines - korg rules in these areas)
morphic
RichMakeGame wrote:
would be nice to replace the knobs in a way that lets them still light up.. any ideas?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-davies-1900h-style-Clear-knob-DIY-guitar- amp-effects-pedal-vintage-stomp-box-/261403226477
wavefold
morphic wrote:
RichMakeGame wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-davies-1900h-style-Clear-knob-DIY-guitar- amp-effects-pedal-vintage-stomp-box-/261403226477

do the davies fit on these pots?
morphic
I believe so ... fit on my volca's guessing sq1 same size thumbs up
RichMakeGame
Ooo nice! Would you need to glue them or does friction keep them on? They are indeed volca knobs
morphic
small grub screw thumbs up
flashheart
Vakancy of Disko wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

h4ndcrafted wrote:

In the Sonic State demo I'm sure he said you could run it as 2 x 8 or 1 x 16 steps. In fact if you look at the mode selector the 2nd LHS mode looks like A followed by B. Link 2 together and set them both to 16 steps...
zam
Mine should be arriving today This is fun!

For those in Australia - Turramurra music may still have some, otherwise it's a wait until the next batch reaches Oz
wander
At only $99, how the heck could I say no? Too darn cheap not to grab. Gotta wait until Control Voltage gets them in stock though... Hurry up, Korg! hyper
computer controlled
yeah, i'm just waiting...
alternating.bit
I've never seen a MIDI out with a tiny jack like that... how does that work some 1/8" to MIDI cable converter? All I've found online is some that people made themselves, I don't see them sold other than some converter box...
Could this sequencer control a synth that only has MIDI in then? seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 1 of 17