MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Timbre Wolf - New 2 octaves polyphonic synth from Akai
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Timbre Wolf - New 2 octaves polyphonic synth from Akai
plogbidman
"The Timbre Wolf is an authentic analog 4-voice polyphonic synthesizer. Configurable as 4 mono synths, a 4-voice unison or a 4-voice polysynth, Timbre Wolf includes a professional quality 25-key custom Akai Pro keybed. The user can easily customize the sound of each voice independently as they play, and there is a 32-step sequencer for each voice. An LED display and Octave +/- controls add further control and flexibility for the user."

flo
I guess that the prototype they are showing around doesn't work for some reason, then we wait for a year and finally it'll be buggy and sound meh thumbs up standard Akai procedure
Struble
I am going off a hard to read color scheme and lower rez pictures, but comparing the voice sections to that on the rhythm wolf, this doesn't seem so versatile. Limited adsr. (Only decay) No LFO. Just four voices that you can control filter on.
Adminius
Surely for a decently usable polyphonic synthesizer you're gonna need more than a two-bleedin-octave keyboard!?

What are they putting in the beverages at Akai?
IR
^good point, but if they put mini-keys in half the internet would be complaining. Maybe they should have made it into a tabletop module.
flo
It can be four separate mono voices w/ their own sequencers AFAIK, so I'd guess the keys are mainly for sequencer input...

It'll sound sucky nevertheless hihi
Adminius
I do like the name though!

Much better than their "Rhythm Wolf" effort.

I'll reserve final judgement until after NAMM, where I assume Akai will be demonstrating the thing.

Not looking good though.
aksen
Adminius
^^^ Is that a pub darts team? ^^^
aksen
they'd probably be better at that than they are at basketball.
Captain Sternn
Whoever demos this first better say, "this thing can really howl".

Also it needs some generic distortion controls labelled bark and bite.Dead Banana
sackley
Captain Sternn wrote:
Whoever demos this first better say, "this thing can really howl".

Also it needs some generic distortion controls labelled bark and bite.Dead Banana

Haha

I don't understand why they would put any effort into a poly analog and shove it into a 2 octave package.
Captain Sternn
flo wrote:
It can be four separate mono voices w/ their own sequencers AFAIK, so I'd guess the keys are mainly for sequencer input...

It'll sound sucky nevertheless hihi

The panel definitely shows four identical sections labelled voice 1, 2, 3, 4.

So maybe it will be like a small, terrible Oberheim 4 voice.

If each voice has 6 knobs, what could they control? Cutoff, resonance, attack, decay, Lfo rate, depth?
IR
They need to make a sampler for this series, o.k., not really, but I would be curious as to what name they come up with if they do.
flo
^ You mean like the we-are-so-buggy-we're-unusable MPX series? hihi d'oh!
Paranormal Patroler
IR wrote:
They need to make a sampler for this series, o.k., not really, but I would be curious as to what name they come up with if they do.

Parrot Wolf seriously, i just don't get it
Sir Ruff
Captain Sternn wrote:
If each voice has 6 knobs, what could they control? Cutoff, resonance, attack, decay, Lfo rate, depth?

assuming it's the same as the RW, no attack or LFO.
h4ndcrafted
We got loads of spare parts fro these drum machines that nobody bought.
Let's use the synth voices and sell it as a poly, but really it is only good as a 4 part mono synth.

That's what I'm getting tbh.
Jason Brock
Adminius wrote:
Surely for a decently usable polyphonic synthesizer you're gonna need more than a two-bleedin-octave keyboard!?

Yeah, that's a strange choice. I want more than 2 octaves even on a mono.
leeski
the sequencer should be called 'Steppen Wolf' shirley hihi hihi
flo
Hahaha lol thumbs up
rohelineoun
I really really hope Akai didn't ax the MPC line to make room for this. sad banana
IR
^but you know they axed the MPC sampler line a few years ago, right? The MPC line is now just software controllers (sometimes with an added sound card).
flo
Yeah, the new ones are even running Windows so you can have some nice virus on your MPC lol

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/04/putting-pc-mpc-next-akai-drum-ma chine-will-run-windows-embedded/
Struble
http://youtu.be/2P8-WboRLVw

Oof. I had the feeling that it would be weak, but that's pathetic.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7