MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

arturia beatstep pro - its impressive
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next [all]
Author arturia beatstep pro - its impressive
Dogma
Sorry to link GS here its the only thing in english
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-electroni c-music-production/981755-omg-new-pro-beatstep-arturia.html

Damn. Its perfect really. DId not see that coming
exper
Now they're talkin'

That seems pretty bloody cool. 8 trigger outs, clock in/out.

Did the original one have issues with gate voltage though? Hope that's been improved...
Matos
Whatever it is I hate it. angry


Just kidding. But I'm sure we will find something to hate about it. I love my little beat step. Although I might have to upgrade, because it says pro on it. Ladies love that. And by ladies I mean non-gender specific humans.
The original didn't really have gate issues considering there is no euro standard. It worked fine for all my needs, but like any signal in euro, it might need to be amplified to trigger certain modules.
ikkini
love love love
Dogma
this and the es FH-1 are going to be a potent, awesome combo
reodjectz
Matos wrote:

The original didn't really have gate issues considering there is no euro standard. It worked fine for all my needs, but like any signal in euro, it might need to be amplified to trigger certain modules.


I found I had to run it through a buffered mutli for it to trigger some modules.

Anyway - the 8 trigger sequencer might go head to head with tip-top's CR, less steps, but less
D Beau
Lack of MIDI In is the only reason I slept on the original Beatstep. I might not need that Yarns now after all.
lag process
Matos wrote:
Whatever it is I hate it. angry


Just kidding. But I'm sure we will find something to hate about it. I love my little beat step. Although I might have to upgrade, because it says pro on it. Ladies love that. And by ladies I mean non-gender specific humans.
The original didn't really have gate issues considering there is no euro standard. It worked fine for all my needs, but like any signal in euro, it might need to be amplified to trigger certain modules.


don´t worry that you have to amplify the gates!

they are 10 volts

http://www.tomeso.com/namm/BSP/BeatStepPro.pdf
BugBrand


Edit of pics..
thevegasnerve
The clock in/out and 8 trigger out makes this a winner for me. Now integrating gear is much easier and I can continue to avoid midi like the plague...
Adminius
The BeatStep has been on my acquisition list since it first appeared.

Boy am I glad I didn't splash out on one (not that £99 is very splashy).

This PRO version looks the bollocks!
h4ndcrafted
Is it only usb powered,I need battery, my iMac can't handle anymore hubs even if they are powered.
h4ndcrafted
Double
Slabwax
My guess is that it can be powered by a usb power hub (Iphone charger thing)
z3r01
This has got me thinking: if it is able to work well with the Expert Sleeper FH-1, that would be pretty impressive.

Ooh, and it can be sync'd via DinSync, too..cool..
rohelineoun
Wow, it's almost like they listened to all the complaints about the original Beatstep, even the ludicrous ones, and put all those features into this thing.
extra testicle
Matos wrote:
Whatever it is I hate it. angry


Just kidding. But I'm sure we will find something to hate about it. I love my little beat step. Although I might have to upgrade, because it says pro on it. Ladies love that. And by ladies I mean non-gender specific humans.
The original didn't really have gate issues considering there is no euro standard. It worked fine for all my needs, but like any signal in euro, it might need to be amplified to trigger certain modules.


i don't own a beatstep, but it would be nice if the clock in on the pro can be re-purposed so beatstep owners can use that to switch patterns or use shift functions or whatever on the beatstep pro. midi would probably work well though. smile

i'm glad cv is making a comeback, but a large part of what makes it valuable to me over midi is bi directionality of interaction that midi can't handle so well...and nearly everyone has been skipping this...
anselmi
Slabwax wrote:
My guess is that it can be powered by a usb power hub (Iphone charger thing)


this works with my original beatstep so I guess it would be OK for the Pro
midirobot
Wow,i like it!!
exper
Oh man. I just pictured playing the pads with tons of percussion sounds. My MI peaks and elements, lpg percussion sounds with the sputnik, etc.

This is nuts. So many possibilities for controlling a modular. And no HPs!!!
z3r01
exper wrote:
Oh man. I just pictured playing the pads with tons of percussion sounds. My MI peaks and elements, lpg percussion sounds with the sputnik, etc.

This is nuts. So many possibilities for controlling a modular. And no HPs!!!


Indeedy-dee...just hoping everything pans out as specified. Gonna hold out on getting this till after the first few batches goes out though, just in case.
DonaldCrunk
Matos
I foresee a world with this in front of every modular.
z3r01
I always chuckle when I watch the Arturia promo videos...that fist-pumping action! lol
Audio Resistance
Wow, things have gotten amazing in our world.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49  Next [all]
Page 1 of 49
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group