MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Sequential PROPHET 6
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author The Sequential PROPHET 6
cscairney
https://www.facebook.com/davesmithinstruments

"Past, Preset, Future" "Past is Prologue" "The shape of things to come"

whats it gonna be? Im dreaming of a no-screen, knob per function, poly. Maybe even a sort of string synth, something to compliment the beastliness of their other synths.

The Dave Smith Instruments Prologue has a nice ring to it...

blt
http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/product/prophet-6/

I have to go change my pants now. eek!
sloth713
blt wrote:
I have to go change my pants now. eek!

Seconded!
flo
Pure amazement. He did it! Specwise very similar to the A6 IMO.

Poly step sequencer!

Dead Banana applause SlayerBadger!
flo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421828030&x-yt-cl=84411374&v=m65 rAfsjllw

Real good love
sloth713
Here are a bunch of short audio demos
https://soundcloud.com/davesmithinstruments/sets/sequential-prophet-6- audio
Outsider
This looks really cool! Kinda wish I hadn't just bought a Prophet 600 on eBay d'oh!
flocked
Outsider wrote:
This looks really cool! Kinda wish I hadn't just bought a Prophet 600 on eBay d'oh!

i thought the same, I also just bought a Prophet 600… However DSI said something about 2800$. You probably also paid much less for your 600. smile
PYJAMAGROOVE
Is it possible to not to love absolutely everything about it???
Its so fucking awesome I can´t believe it! You have shown it Dave Smith.... You ave shown it to EVERYONE !!!! Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana
cscairney
Oh sweet... MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Jason Brock
we're not worthy
I will get one.

Over at GS, Pym said they had two new things. Maybe a Pro-1 re-issue as well?
Ed
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

So I'm not buying modules for a while...
tron23
Beauty! w00t
nienhuis47
Oh god. Anyone want to buy my Polysix? help
AnalogBastard
applause applause applause Just Wow we're not worthy
thevegasnerve
PYJAMAGROOVE wrote:
Is it possible to not to love absolutely everything about it???
Its so fucking awesome I can´t believe it! You have shown it Dave Smith.... You ave shown it to EVERYONE !!!! Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana Dead Banana

Honestly, those are my feelings too, times ten more ten deadbananas!! I will be up all night now reconfiguring my whole setup... The man is absolutely killing it with his new stuff.
Rooftree
nienhuis47 wrote:
Oh god. Anyone want to buy my Polysix? help

The instant I saw the Prophet 6 images of the Prophet 5, P600 and Polysix flahsed through my head.

Sequential is first to market with a full-blown vintage style analog poly. This is going to knock the wind out of all the other companies working in this direction.
rasseru
well, its probably nice to chat here - gearslutz has broken.

im just in the market for a polysynth too! a shame theres no mod matrix & 1 LFO & no CV in for pitch & filter, but hey-ho

i really want a pro-2 as well - sounds like they will be perfect partners

alongside a new ms20 & oddy. what a great year im going to have
h4ndcrafted
Ok my budget just went out the window. This is the most exciting thing so far for me.
rasseru
thevegasnerve wrote:
The man is absolutely killing it with his new stuff.

i really really like the tone of the PRO-2 as well, its not messing about - thats a classic techno/electro/electronica synth if ever ive heard one
Rooftree
rasseru wrote:
well, its probably nice to chat here - gearslutz has broken.

im just in the market for a polysynth too! a shame theres no mod matrix & 1 LFO & no CV in for pitch & filter, but hey-ho

i really want a pro-2 as well - sounds like they will be perfect partners

alongside a new ms20 & oddy. what a great year im going to have

Yeah, Dave Smith broke Gearslutz!!

The Prophet-6 has a single dedicated LFO, but osc2 can be switched to low frequency mode and disconnected from keyboard control. Sounds like the old Minimoog trick of using an audio oscillator as an LFO.
rasseru
and Pym said theres actually 2 new things...

Dead Banana
Struble
My wallet is weeping. I have found my new unrequited love.
seancostello
The video discusses a discrete 4-pole lowpass filter. Which suggests that they aren't using the Curtis chip (at least for the filter). It sounds FANTASTIC.
h4ndcrafted
Have we got a price yet ? how many wives am I going to have to sell for this ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 1 of 21