MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Quad 281 clips?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Quad 281 clips?
tragedybysyntax
Anyone have any clips laying around of their complete quad 281 module? I'm trying to decide to just build 2 of these up for my panel or... say fuck it and do all 4. I understand if you have 4, can do the ADSR thing but... i'm sure there is so much more that's in advantage.... right?
parasitk
You only need a pair to do the ADSR thing...

I haven't built mine yet, but I'm building a pair. Building a quad gives you ... two pairs. w00t
wetterberg
yeah, just build it in two pairs.
tragedybysyntax
ahhh...... well hmmpf. Wonder if i'm better off just building the pair and then using the space for something else. smile
Hi5
if you have any extra boards I will grab them fo sho.
wetterberg
eh? So the fact that you get two sets of quadrature LFO/Envs instead of one makes you think you'd better use the space for something else?
hmmm..... Build all four, buddy. They're so useful, you'll quickly be using two as vcLFOs and then two for ADs
parasitk
wetterberg wrote:
eh? So the fact that you get two sets of quadrature LFO/Envs instead of one makes you think you'd better use the space for something else?
hmmm..... Build all four, buddy. They're so useful, you'll quickly be using two as vcLFOs and then two for ADs

I'd only build a pair if the remaining space went to a dual VCS - which is what my plan is! SlayerBadger! They're different but the same!

tragedybysyntax
yeah I dont have a vcs going into THIS panel. 4 it is.... I started thinking more over lunch and if nothing else, timbre shapers! I think i'm good on lfo's... super psycho, mfb dual, blacet lfo. Pretty sure I can stack 4 of the pcb's on top of each other without a hitch.
wetterberg
what's a "timbre shaper"?
Hi5
wetterberg wrote:
what's a "timbre shaper"?

yeah, the 281 does not have an input like the VCS for any timbre modifications unless you are using the 281 to FM something.
tragedybysyntax
ahh... righty oh! Generate them envelopes then babeh!
zthee
http://zthee.vantage.ch/Voyager%20II%20Bypass.mp3

That's one 281 cranked up in the audio range, controlled by a CGS sub oscillator. There's some delay added as well. Might be more stuff. But I can't remeber. It was a long time ago since I made that demo.

I can't remeber if I had them in quadrature mode, and used different signals for the VC control.
tragedybysyntax
Thanks man! smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1