MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MS-10 trigger/gate inverse?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author MS-10 trigger/gate inverse?
lagezon
It appears that the Volta gate/trigger is inverted to what my MS-10 is expecting.

Using the an envelope to the "intial gain" works but means i can't use the internal ADSR.

I've tried 2 cable configurations. TRS-TRS with floating ring and TRS-TS connecting tip-tip and ring-shield without a difference.

any tips?
haiku-ish
you need this cable

http://www.doepfer.de/faq/gen_faq.htm#S-Trig
1nput0utput
That's the same circuit as in the Micromoog manual (except with another TS plug in place of the Cinch Jones plug).
os
Alternatively just flip the signal after it leaves Volta, in your DAW.

A generic phase inversion plug-in (most DAWs have one) is what you want.
1nput0utput
os wrote:
Alternatively just flip the signal after it leaves Volta, in your DAW.

A generic phase inversion plug-in (most DAWs have one) is what you want.

No, that won't work. A v-trigger signal such as what is generated by Volta maintains 0 VDC in the off state and maximum positive voltage (varies depending upon which interface output you're using) in the on state. Simply inverting that signal would still maintain 0 VDC when the trigger is off, and the inverted on state would be maximum negative voltage.

So, for a given audio interface output, the typical trigger would be 0 VDC when off and +4 VDC when on. Inverting that signal would produce 0 VDC when off and -4 VDC when on.

That is not an s-trigger signal. S-trigger must maintain a high positive DC voltage in the off state and short to ground in the on state. For instance, it would be +7 VDC in the off state and 0 VDC in the on state.
os
Fair point. The solution then is to invert it and then add a DC offset, which can still be accomplished in the DAW, without fancy cables.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1