MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New verbos envelope looks great...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New verbos envelope looks great...
FrankMurder
https://www.facebook.com/verboselectronics/posts/565776010223455:0
stickmann
It looks even better in the NAMM thread.
ignatius
stickmann wrote:

lol.

i guess we can leave this thread open in case the OP wants to upload a pic and maybe some info or something and then this module will have its own thread which it'll eventually have on day anyways?

here's the link to the namm thread that has some info and video demo etc.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=127928&start=400

Mr. Green
radiodread87
stickmann wrote:

applause doooooood MY ASS IS BLEEDING

this being said - I WANT IT I WANT IT
Dogma
i got the composition system so Ive been waiting for this, then with the avalanche of amazing NAMM announcements and promptly forgot about it.
Well even watching the very shor demo with the i.o and concepts i might again be interested. So the intellijel dual ADSR is the east to the Verbos west?
WIZARDISHUNGRY
Is there a way to re-calibrate the time ranges? I find that basically any slider position above 50% is basically useless for what I do.
Leverkusen
Unfortunately I don't know anything about time calibration but I noticed that the picture is still missing... cool

bastille
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:
Is there a way to re-calibrate the time ranges? I find that basically any slider position above 50% is basically useless for what I do.

And here mine doesn't do anything but clicks at under 50%. It's a wonderful envelope, but they really need to get their shit in order. Seems like everything they ship needs to go back for adjustment. I love it, when I can get it in the range I need, and the ATC is one of my favorite modules, but I'm nervous to invest more deeply in the system.
Leverkusen
That's unsetting as I am just about to get me one. In the end I will try anyway and probably get along with it or send it back if it crosses the border between quirky and faulty. I hope they got it by now and the actual ones are alright as the four poles are now...
kwaidan
bastille wrote:
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

And here mine doesn't do anything but clicks at under 50%. It's a wonderful envelope, but they really need to get their shit in order. Seems like everything they ship needs to go back for adjustment. I love it, when I can get it in the range I need, and the ATC is one of my favorite modules, but I'm nervous to invest more deeply in the system.

I have one, and it has the same problem. I'll add, there was a recent thread about this problem. I looked on the back of the PCB and there are no trimmers; therefore, I don't know if the limited range is intentional or not. I'm also curious to know if anyone has one with a full slider range. Otherwise, it is an excellent module; however, I would love a better slider response.
davidjames
Mine seems to respond well under 50% but I'll do a test tomorrow to confirm. Silly question but have you tried adjusting the response curve? I usually keep mine away from full CW or CCW.

Are you experiencing the issue with a particular stage or all of them?
bastille
All of the sliders seem to not really matter where they're placed 0-45%, though I guess it is most noteworthy on the release slider. Working the response knob helps a little. I did find, and maybe this is coincidence, that after letting the thing sit powered on all day I was dialing things in more easily than expected.

I am enjoying the unit. It does great things, it just doesn't always do what I want. Hopefully there's a little re-calibration that can be done to make it more generally useful to me, but as I learn it's tendencies I find more use for it even as is.
mooneh
just curious, are you triggering it with a sequencer or a keyboard? Are you sure the gated notes are long enough for all the stages to be heard in detail, and that there's long enough rest between the gated notes for the release to be heard?
Leverkusen
I remeber that I found the knob on the trogotronic dual vca to have a similiar issue when I had it new and was told that was intentional because it works better then if it is usedtogether with CV input. It had to fulfill two different roles..

Now I wonder if it could be the same here - anybody tried if it seems more useful when CV is applied to the single stages?
sgh
mooneh wrote:
Are you sure the gated notes are long enough for all the stages to be heard in detail, and that there's long enough rest between the gated notes for the release to be heard?

The multi-envelope is different from other manufacturers' envelope generators. Even a very short gate pulse starts the entire envelope shape, just like what you'd expect from the trigger input.

Leverkusen wrote:
I remeber that I found the knob on the trogotronic dual vca to have a similiar issue when I had it new and was told that was intentional because it works better then if it is used together with CV input.

Limiting the sliders' range to improve the interaction with CV sounds like an unfortunate design choice – at least for an envelope, for which CV control is not as important as for a VCA.

I have another issue with my multi-envelope: If I patch the upper envelope for "loop mode" (end pulse back to trigger in) the t1 stage is more or less ignored unless I raise the release stage t4 as well. The lower envelope works as expected and respects t1 in loop mode. Is anybody else experiencing this? I'm waiting for an official statement from Verbos since some weeks now.
sgh
sgh wrote:
I have another issue with my multi-envelope: If I patch the upper envelope for "loop mode" (end pulse back to trigger in) the t1 stage is more or less ignored unless I raise the release stage t4 as well. The lower envelope works as expected and respects t1 in loop mode. Is anybody else experiencing this? I'm waiting for an official statement from Verbos since some weeks now.

My multi-envelope is the only module with this problem? zombie
T. Jervell
sgh wrote:
sgh wrote:

My multi-envelope is the only module with this problem? zombie

Same here, no response on t1 on the upper envelope. Lower works as expected. But by some strange reason this really doesn't bother me... hmmm.....
I'm very happy with my Multi-Envelope w00t
sgh
T. Jervell wrote:
Same here, no response on t1 on the upper envelope. Lower works as expected.

Thanks for the verification! thumbs up
Leverkusen
sgh wrote:

I am not sure if I understood what you are saying here - do you mean when self triggering the envelope starts with the second stage? So that it skips a longer attack or, on the DADsR output, an initial delay?

I wonder how this could be possible. Is it when t4 is not fully completed? I've read somewhere that the end pulse is a bit early on some of them. How does it react with an external retrigger then?

Or does t4 go to far down so it needs a little time rise up again. hmmm.....
sgh
Leverkusen wrote:
I am not sure if I understood what you are saying here - do you mean when self triggering the envelope starts with the second stage? So that it skips a longer attack or, on the DADsR output, an initial delay?

Exactly.

Patch end pulse back to trigger in, all sliders at minimum. Start the envelope. At DADsR you get repeating pulses (a very short AD envelope). By increasing t1 you should be able to add a delay before each pulse, but the upper envelopes ignores/skips t1.

Leverkusen wrote:
I wonder how this could be possible. Is it when t4 is not fully completed? I've read somewhere that the end pulse is a bit early on some of them.

Maybe, because an extremely short trigger delay between end pulse and trigger input seems to fix the upper envelope (this was just a short experiment using a Maths channel's EOR with fastest setting as trigger delay).
Leverkusen
sgh wrote:
Leverkusen wrote:

Exactly.

Patch end pulse back to trigger in, all sliders at minimum. Start the envelope. At DADsR you get repeating pulses (a very short AD envelope). By increasing t1 you should be able to add a delay before each pulse, but the upper envelopes ignores/skips t1.

Leverkusen wrote:
I wonder how this could be possible. Is it when t4 is not fully completed? I've read somewhere that the end pulse is a bit early on some of them.

Maybe, because an extremely short trigger delay between end pulse and trigger input seems to fix the upper envelope (this was just a short experiment using a Maths channel's EOR with fastest setting as trigger delay).

After being assured that these issues are solved with the newer revisions I bought one. At first I found a bit tricky with all the different envelope modes but it seemed that every unexpected behavior was based on my user faults.
The sliders seem to be exponential but that is okay. There definitely is an effect over the whole range when I use it as pitch envelope.

But now that I came back to this thread to assure everyone and rechecked the t1 behavior, which was fine on mine I thought it occurred to me that it works fine at the lower half of the slider but than switches to the behavior you are describing here. Meaning that starting with the very fast self oscillation you describe I can slow it down to single pulses with the t1 slider but when I cross a certain point it switches back to very fast and skips stage t1. Same with CV input.

Now the strange thing I noticed is when I mult the end pulse and feed it into the trigger input of maths without any of maths outputs connected to anything and regardless how rise, fall and curve on the maths are dialed in, everything works fine again. hmmm.....

Maths is built in another case but it does not work reliably with other inputs or other modules in any case. While testing all this I found out that this behavior is unstable as sometimes for a short time it does not occur or reacts on wiggling the slider a bit, but not as consistent I would expect it with a broken slider. And multed to maths it never ever occurs.

Another proof what a great module maths is - it even heals other modules... :met:

Of course you can solve this too by minimal adjustment of the t4 slider (now it's very practical that it does not show much effect on the lower settings hihi ) and otherwise I really like the multi envelope! Somehow it does things as a simple AR envelope with the ATC and the CO maths or quadra don't do and you can dial in or CV some really unusual envelopes with the hold and the delay stages or the echoed attack. Sounds a little brittle to me, not really straight linear or log/exp. Very nice with the imperfectness of the other verbos line modules.
jonkull
Does anyone know what the time range of this envelope is? Would it work well for longer evolving sounds and drones?
Leverkusen
You can extend the range to pretty long with external CV but I would not recommend it as mine is way to unpredictable and it takes hours to dial in a nice range before it changes its behavior again. Sometimes it even hangs on a stage when going up in the high range...takes some time to notice that there is actually no more slow evolving going on... very frustrating
shreeswifty
I'm kind of puzzled that by that many anomalies in an multi envelope you all are satisfied. Is it that it's just not behaving as expected or you have laid down so much cash you are willing to make it work? Unfortunately, so i am finding certain names despite their reputation are not flawless. Tempi had an issue, now firmware fixed but i would be more concerned with these more traditional modules so to speak that there's little to do except wait for REV2
clusterchord
a question for few users here please - in context of its speed and slope shape, can multi-envelope be "snappy" ?

like really snappy as can maths, or sh101 be, for some drum and perc synthese etc.

while i like ultra slow stuff for evolving ambi drones, an envelope set to fastest times still having smudgy attack is frustrating to no end.

thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2