New Minifoogers

A place for the string slingers, pedal freaks and amp snobs in our midst.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

Slabwax
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Slabwax » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:10 pm

My mini fooger chorus came in today so far so good. I did get it for the $139.00 from Sweetwater. My Mf delay will be here tomorrow.

scrumbo mcgrumbo
Common Wiggler

Post by scrumbo mcgrumbo » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:50 pm

I know these can do a stereo output with trs adapter in the stereo mode, but can it do stereo input as well?

sloth713
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sloth713 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:01 pm

scrumbo mcgrumbo wrote:I know these can do a stereo output with trs adapter in the stereo mode, but can it do stereo input as well?
I am pretty sure no, but turning mono signals into stereo is well worth the price of administration for both the chorus and flange minifoogers IMHO (warning these opinions come from my experience with moogerfoogers).

sloth713
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sloth713 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:47 pm

I just got a call from sweetwater and they told me the current ETA for shipping out the Flange is the beginning of June :bang: :deadbanana:

Oh well such is the way of life in the music gear world

chamomileshark
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by chamomileshark » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:46 pm

anyone tried the new delay? Can't afford the big one but maybe I should get a more modern analogue delay
Key Gear: Wiard 300 Series, EMS VCS3, Frac Modular (Blacet, Wiard, Bananalogue & Synthesis Technology).

a bunch of stuff
http://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
http://www.soundclick.com/markgriffiths

moremagic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by moremagic » Wed May 06, 2015 10:36 pm

i traded a 104z for the mini trem & mini delay, the big delay broke up too easily and i never liked its sound when driven too hard, unlike other moog stuff
the big one had a bigger delay range at both ends, the little one wont go quite short enough for the best slapback but it breaks up beautifully and doesnt have any of the z's clock bleedthrough
the minifoogers all sound really inredible, better than most of the moogerfoogers imo

mmarsh
Common Wiggler

Post by mmarsh » Fri May 08, 2015 4:25 pm

Any demos to be found?
I did this with my Sub37 and a Minifooger Delay:

https://soundcloud.com/mmarsh/sub37minifoogerchorus

Sounds organic and full. Nice feature set.

moremagic
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by moremagic » Fri May 08, 2015 8:39 pm

yeah, the drive on the mini delay is warm and airy. on my 104z guitar usually sounded o k but anything that pushed it too hard, like most electronic instruments, made it break up in what was to my ears the least pleasant breakup of any analog device i own(ed)
the mini delay however is a nice little light dirt pedal with an ok cv analog delay
it doesnt sound quite as pretty as the 104z when it was really shining, but theres no clock bleed that ive heard from the mini yet, and you can still control delay time with cv which is obv real great, and its cheaper to get a mini boost or other vca and an audio mixer to control feedback than to get a big delay. idk if the midi models, being digitially clocked, would even have any bleed either but i dont feel like spending $700 again to find out
eta: plus the minifoogers are battery powered and a stereo one would make a handy headphone amp imo

sloth713
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by sloth713 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Just got my Minifooger Flange today and it is awesome! Here is my initial gut reaction review. All parameters have a decent range, the switch between additive and subtractive feedback is a great addition. It works well with line, instrument, and even eurorack modular levels (for the most part). The expression input readily accepts CV (at least from 0-5v but it seems to handle -5v to +5v well). Also it just sounds great, Moog has done an excellent job with this stomp box (though it also has fueled the gas for a MF-108). Anyways if you are looking for a flanger highly consider this minifooger. If anyone wants a more in depth review just let me know and I can put one out in a few days (life willing).

mookmoof
Common Wiggler

Post by mookmoof » Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:24 am

Under $200 is a nice price for these I say

keyofnight
Common Wiggler

Post by keyofnight » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 pm

I got the MF Delay a while ago because I wanted a warm, dark analog delay to run my bass through. I love it. I don't use the drive much—I've got a lot of gain going as it is. I want to run CV to it so I can get some beautiful vibrato/chorus effects without having to rock my the expression pedal constantly. I might pick up one of these Broadcast pedals by CopilotFX, or I'll just wait until I build up my Eurorack setup.

It'll be nice to see what people do with the chorus. ;)

rush340
Common Wiggler

Post by rush340 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:14 pm

That chorus is tempting, wonder how synth sounds through it

D_Bowman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by D_Bowman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:43 pm

Did anyone get the MF Chorus on here? I played with one for literally 5 seconds at the Moog Factory so I didn't get a good feel for it. Although I did love the actual feel of the unit, knobs etc... It was a guitar that I played maybe 6 notes on, and that sounded good. But I'd love to here some opinions from folks who've had one for a while and tried it with synths.
"Noise and hiss is the sound of life. It's like the wind."

-Jean-Benoit Dunckel

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:55 am

^
I've got an MF Chorus - absolutely love it.

I'd not really considered a chorus pedal as I'm not a massive fan ( I must be the only Juno 60 owner who used to keep it switched off :hihi: ) but I got to playing with a Moog Werkstatt through a MF Chorus at the Sheffield Synthfest event last year....

I absolutely loved the huge drone / feedback tones I was getting & I realised this was the MF Chrous at work... being a Mother-32 owner I immediately bought the pedal to get the same vibe.

It's a gorgeous sounding chorus & really 'playable' - often I'll set it up so it's creating a 'tuned' tone under the Moog, then tweaking the time & feedback knobs will create huge divebombing effects & sweeps.
the mono > stereo effect you get is great too - a subtle amount on even something like a mono drum machine output just totally takes it to a different place.

My caveat is I'm not a huge chorus pedal user, so perhaps my experience isn't that valid as I've not got too much to compare it to ?

But I love the sound of it : my 2 x Moog M-32s ( one patched into the other ) have a permanent fx chain of MF Chorus > Strymon TimeLine & it's just spatial heaven. :guinness:

epl0
Learning to Wiggle

Post by epl0 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:50 pm

Anyone used the Overdrive? How versatile is it and any other distortion that would be comparable? Worth it for the ladder filter?

The price right now is fantastic but I've also been considering jumping into a few DIY pedals and drive/distortion seems like the natural starting point for those endeavors. That filter goodness might be worth the price of admission, though, considering I don't have any other Moog gear at the moment.

D_Bowman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by D_Bowman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:34 am

Xmit wrote:^
I've got an MF Chorus - absolutely love it.

I'd not really considered a chorus pedal as I'm not a massive fan ( I must be the only Juno 60 owner who used to keep it switched off :hihi: ) but I got to playing with a Moog Werkstatt through a MF Chorus at the Sheffield Synthfest event last year....

I absolutely loved the huge drone / feedback tones I was getting & I realised this was the MF Chrous at work... being a Mother-32 owner I immediately bought the pedal to get the same vibe.

It's a gorgeous sounding chorus & really 'playable' - often I'll set it up so it's creating a 'tuned' tone under the Moog, then tweaking the time & feedback knobs will create huge divebombing effects & sweeps.
the mono > stereo effect you get is great too - a subtle amount on even something like a mono drum machine output just totally takes it to a different place.

My caveat is I'm not a huge chorus pedal user, so perhaps my experience isn't that valid as I've not got too much to compare it to ?

But I love the sound of it : my 2 x Moog M-32s ( one patched into the other ) have a permanent fx chain of MF Chorus > Strymon TimeLine & it's just spatial heaven. :guinness:
Thanks for chiming in. Your opinion actually is of great value because generally I do not like Chorus effects that much, hence my hesitancy on this one. But it looks so versatile, and I love vibrato. Also I like more extreme chorus fx. And the 5 seconds I did hear of the pedal's standard chorus effect really struck me for once.

-Jean-Benoit Dunckel

Xmit
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Xmit » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:17 am

no worries...

oh - just as another little FYI : discovered a great new setting last night -

was running my Lyra 4 output into the MF Chorus...clicking the switch on the pedal to fully wet & then extreme feedback & depth settings lead to an almost tape warble effect.... Seemed to knock much of the HF detail out of the sound too, really lo-fi...

This into the Stymon TimeLine & a bit of distortion from the Lyra itself = instant Boards of Canada type gorgeousness, if you like that type of thing.

D_Bowman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by D_Bowman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:12 am

I do like that type of gorgeousness. I'm sold. Chorus is on the way! I'll update with my thoughts.

-Jean-Benoit Dunckel

D_Bowman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by D_Bowman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:08 am

I have to say the Chorus is pretty fantastic. It's got a really wide range of sounds outside of your classic chorus. Can get pretty crazy. The big surprise though is, like Xmit said, on the fully wet setting it can be a low-fi machine. Sounds great on digital too-pristine sounding synths by rounding off the high end and getting a little bit of a bandwidth reduction since you're getting just the BBD. It's really pretty cool little pedal.

-Jean-Benoit Dunckel

Return to “Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX”