MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New Minifoogers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author New Minifoogers
Vacancy Of Disco
Amidst all the hullabaloo around the modulars these kinds slipped under the radar
chorus and flanger
8_)

(Also they made the Voyager xl even sexier...and expensive)
sloth713
Oh shit my clusterflux lust/apprehension just might have been cured (that is if the 300 buck difference can over come my cv desires, which is highly likely). They even have stereo via TRS jacks for both. Spec wise Moog has definitely got these new minifoogers right. I can't wait to hear some demos, especially of the flange.
Crowyote
I preordered the MF Chorus from Sweetwater on Thursday . . . they have it listed for $139, since somehow they got told the MSRP was going to be $149. Well, it's not; the price is actually $209, but they've yet to change the listing.

Sweet Chorus

Actual price: Moog Link

At the time I'm willing to risk it, as I've yet to be able to get a Cluster Flux back in my arsenal, and all I really need is the Chorus (and sadly the Feedback Loop). I was told that there might be some price adjustment, but nothing set in stone. Also lead time is many weeks (6-12).

I'll keep ya posted if I get an early arrival.
sloth713
I took the risk too, thanks for the heads up Crowyote. Hopefully the sweetwater doesn't jerk us around with the price, but I can totally pay $5.80 a month with no interest for an awesome flanger.
Ashi
Not sure if I like the new faceplates, the bottom part with the info is neat but the split design in the top part - don't know..still going to pick one or two up
IR
Crowyote wrote:
I preordered the MF Chorus from Sweetwater on Thursday . . . they have it listed for $139, since somehow they got told the MSRP was going to be $149. Well, it's not; the price is actually $209, but they've yet to change the listing.

I don't see why they would be more: they're SMD PC boards, factory made, not boutique, but they do have extra stuff like the expression pedal input.
pownie
I want these! And good price too. It fuckin sucks they won't ship across the pond to EU, though.
GGW
sloth713 wrote:
(that is if the 300 buck difference can over come my cv desires, which is highly likely).

Their page has a demo of them being controlled by cv. Check this video after about 16:40:

I'm looking hard at that delay.
dkcg
sloth713 wrote:
Oh shit my clusterflux lust/apprehension just might have been cured (that is if the 300 buck difference can over come my cv desires, which is highly likely). They even have stereo via TRS jacks for both. Spec wise Moog has definitely got these new minifoogers right. I can't wait to hear some demos, especially of the flange.

If the frequency ranges are limited, like the ringmod minifooger, it may still leave you wanting the big bro.

I bought a ringmod minifooger hoping it would squish my ringmod GAS, but the frequency range is nowhere near the moogerfooger, the mini will not go slow enough to be used as a tremolo, it's as if the low/hi switch from the big one was left on high with no way of getting low frequency. That's when I figured out why they even sell a minifooger tremolo, because the ringmod can't go that slow. confused

I have a feeling owning both the minifooger chorus and flanger would not get you what the moogerfooger version does. Definately no midi sync in the minifoogers.
pownie
dkcg wrote:
Definately no midi sync in the minifoogers.

No, but there's CV in, so wouldn't it perhaps be possible to sync it to an LFO or so? Clocking it from Pamela's and what have you. Just a question, never had one, so don't know if that's even possible.
boboter
Thanks a lot. I completely missed those. The Chorus looks very promising.
dkcg
pownie wrote:
dkcg wrote:
Definately no midi sync in the minifoogers.

No, but there's CV in, so wouldn't it perhaps be possible to sync it to an LFO or so? Clocking it from Pamela's and what have you. Just a question, never had one, so don't know if that's even possible.

I don't see why not. You might need a TRS cable since I think it's an expression jack, not a CV input jack. I'm not sure it will use negative volts since exp is usually 0-5V.

I haven't tried using CV, the drive works great with an exp pedal, but you may need to patch in an attenuator before the minifooger (the moogerfoogers too).
methodius
Wish they made eurorack versions of these...I dislike having lots of pedals lying around. Well...guess guitarists are still a larger market than modular synthesists..maybe times will change. razz
Mitaric
Prices were updated on Sweetwater to $189 each. I wonder if anyone was able to snag them at the posted $139!
Vacancy Of Disco
methodius wrote:
Wish they made eurorack versions of these...I dislike having lots of pedals lying around. Well...guess guitarists are still a larger market than modular synthesists..maybe times will change. razz

Patience, I've heard a few Freudian slips from people. At this point I don't think it's a matter of "if" but "when". Then the BIG question is well they just stick with the classic Moog modules or will they introduce the two fooger lines into proper modules (which is what I'm hoping for)
sloth713
I dont care if it is 5U or eurorack, I just want all my foogers in one case with the jacks on the front (and single solid PSU to power them would be nice too)
Vacancy Of Disco
sloth713 wrote:
I dont care if it is 5U or eurorack, I just want all my foogers in one case with the jacks on the front (and single solid PSU to power them would be nice too)

Yeah same here. I loved my moogerfoogers but the awkwardness of patching into them ultimately caused me to sell them to get a proper modular synth
sloth713
I think Moog could make a decent amount of money with a modular FX system based off the the moogerfoogers and minifoogers, if they keep the price appropriate (aka not 500 format prices). It could easily appeal to guitars and synth players alike because every one wants a compact convent rig without a bunch of wallwarts to lug around.
Vacancy Of Disco
Yeah, I would gladly get another cabinet together just for processing If they did that. And if they could modularize something like MP-201 that would be huge, four midi syncable lfo or envelopes in one compact module MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Henfield
Can the mini Foogers accept a hot input signal from a modular synth like the regular Moogerfoogers?
Vacancy Of Disco
Yes I believe there at some early demos of them being fed hit line level signals
MindMachine
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I need a good chorus. Maybe this is the one.

Any demos to be found?
Vacancy Of Disco
If it's anything like the cluster flux out will be amazing
sloth713
Hahaha they're using Gwar to demo these. The Flanger does sound great, I am glad I have one on order.

Amer1231
Amazing pedals, don't like the new design and i'm picky on how things look like, sadly. i just feel like the older design gave a proper representation for how they are tonally.
I think that they should have an option to sell all the pedals in one bundle for a discounted price because they play nicely together
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2