MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plumbrolzer??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Plumbrolzer??
GhostofAlgernon
Wut? Holy crap! Anybody got video of this? Just when I think I know what I want...

http://ciat-lonbarde.net/rolzer/index.html

windspirit
I have yet to see any videos of the rolzer even besides the one that peter posted back when it was going to me made as a tocante instrument. I kind of wonder how they are selling?
GhostofAlgernon
windspirit wrote:
I have yet to see any videos of the rolzer ...

The Rolzer seems a large clock divider to me ... I perhaps don't exactly get what else it does.

A stand-alone Rolzer goes _______?

In the video below it's sitting next to a Plumbutter and I thought it was controlling the Plumbutter - but it's making noise on its own then?

windspirit
The rolzer is a transistor oscillator where each section pings the next section is a circle, creating a rhythm. These nodes can connect to other circles in order to create complex rhythms. I believe in that video the rolzer is controlling the PB but it will also make some clicky sounds on its own as well as ultrasound which can be shifted into the audio spectrum with the downsampler.
GhostofAlgernon
Ok, it's been a year. I'll bring this back to the surface again!
Any videos out there of the Plumbrolzer yet?

I really want to see this thing in action so I can get a better idea of what it's capable of...
Dirty_Bill
GhostofAlgernon wrote:
Ok, it's been a year. I'll bring this back to the surface again!
Any videos out there of the Plumbrolzer yet?

I really want to see this thing in action so I can get a better idea of what it's capable of...

There are a few Rolzers n the wild, but no one seems keen to share vids. Sensanalog had one as part of his DOUSK, there's are some impressions here in the Rolzer? thread...
adammokan
I'm building a MQ Rollz-5 right now and have a PB2 on the way. My hope is to use this setup as a cheaper version of the PB + Rolzer. I know I won't have as many rollz, though.

Any PB users integrating with the MQ R5 out there for this?
horaflora
I dragged my MQ Rollz out last night because of this thread, but it is only partially working and is sort of a bummer to play with, unfortunately... that said, it triggers stuff as it should, though mine stopped triggering when I started patching rolls together, which I take as a symptom of it's status as my first diy build...
ClausF
adammokan wrote:
I'm building a MQ Rollz-5 right now and have a PB2 on the way. My hope is to use this setup as a cheaper version of the PB + Rolzer. I know I won't have as many rollz, though.

Any PB users integrating with the MQ R5 out there for this?

Not the MG R5, but the Rolls of the CL paper circuits. Which is the same as the MQ R5 rolls. I just "disturbed" the PB2 rolls with them, works.
adammokan
scy1e wrote:
I dragged my MQ Rollz out last night because of this thread, but it is only partially working and is sort of a bummer to play with, unfortunately... that said, it triggers stuff as it should, though mine stopped triggering when I started patching rolls together, which I take as a symptom of it's status as my first diy build...

Could be a build issue or it could be the combination of capacitors used in the rollz.
phasebash
Considering this combo pretty hard right now.
VauxFlores
There is this video straight from the source - made in Ohio earlier this year during John Talbert's retirement party. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA52FW3SDLQ
jimmie
VauxFlores wrote:
There is this video straight from the source - made in Ohio earlier this year during John Talbert's retirement party. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA52FW3SDLQ

Wow this is first time I saw that thing working! Wish Rolzer part were more clearly used... Personally although this thing is very interesting I think double butter is much more useful. I want a double butter. But, double butter + Rolzer may be super awesome Dead Banana
wednesdayayay
that would be a long instrument
\butter/rollzer\butter/
\

'yum that sounds great
jimmie
That would look really gorgeous applause
Practically I'd want a double butter and stand alone rolzer and CL-expander like thing. I need a stand alone banana VCA/LFO/MIXER(/ribbon or something experssive) wooden box!
wednesdayayay
did you look at the CL expander that Meng Qi made for me a while back?

Im sure if you have something you want he will put it together for you

great guy
applause
jimmie
Yeah, your vids are very helpful, and that's where I learned about the expander. If he'd still make one I might ask at some point. Actually at the moment I want a small stand alone LFO banana box (if such thing exists) which would compliment to bagbrand PTDelay/COFilter...
wednesdayayay
it seems like some rollz with the orange output mod (i believe this would just be a transistor wherever you wanted the output to be) and then doing an AR envelope sort of thing off that "orange" output allowing for separate up and down speeds to be set
then if you made the plumbutter style rollz instead of static ones you could change the frequency and the up/down time
I once made the AR/smoothing side of that but didn't make the rollz part (I was just using an orange out from the plumbutter)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1