MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers FH-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers FH-1
sasbom
I used the manual and took my time reading it, asked some questions too.
It's not that hard as it might seem, just read through it a couple of times smile
HOTPOT
Thanks sasbom. I'm going to re-read now. Struggling to setup the firmware.

sasbom wrote:
I used the manual and took my time reading it, asked some questions too.
It's not that hard as it might seem, just read through it a couple of times smile
os
Da Dah Da wrote:
Very interesting this Widi Bud !

Can it be used to control the FH-1 by a Ipad pro with TC-11 for example ?

I've not been able to connect an iPad to the Widi Bud. It's possible that I'm simply not doing it right, or that there are other Bluetooth dongles that would allow it.

HOTPOT wrote:
My goal is I want more triggers, LFOs, waves, and to use the random and noise outputs in general, but wanted to use my Logic drum sequencer as the clock. Basically, my drums and drum samples via laptop, and everything else via my rack. The FH-1 seemed a good way to do this.

I would have suggested an ES-3 instead, but it sounds like you've already gone down the FH-1 road?
Da Dah Da
Thank you OS, i sent a message to CME about ipad and FH-1 or other usb midi din converter.
HOTPOT
os wrote:

I would have suggested an ES-3 instead, but it sounds like you've already gone down the FH-1 road?

Thanks, os. Yes, I have the FH-1. I will look into the ES-3 now as well. So far Silent Way looks more instantly compatible with my setup, but I'm not averse to learning how to use the FH-1.
mOBiTh
Hey os

Is there a technical reason why the fh-1 can't be 'relegated ' to a usb device so it could be controlled by a laptop running max for example?

Cheers

m
jonleebrown
mOBiTh wrote:
Is there a technical reason why the fh-1 can't be 'relegated ' to a usb device so it could be controlled by a laptop running max for example?

My understanding is that the FH-1 is a USB host, so can't connect directly to another host. You can get something like a iConnectivity mio2 which can make two hosts talk to one another. I do this, and after a little set up it works really well.
mOBiTh
jonleebrown wrote:
mOBiTh wrote:

My understanding is that the FH-1 is a USB host, so can't connect directly to another host. You can get something like a iConnectivity mio2 which can make two hosts talk to one another. I do this, and after a little set up it works really well.

Sure, but that's not what I was asking hihi

Some devices can switch mode between being host or device - I'm asking whether this is feasible with the FH-1 because it would vastly increase its usefulness (and potentially be much easier to program), especially live or where you don't want extra peripherals in your rig.
os
The FH-1 is physically wired as a host.
jonleebrown
mOBiTh wrote:
but that's not what I was asking

Ah, sorry--looks like OS clear it up?

FWIW, I use my case + Mio + computer live and it's not been no trouble for me. The computer can power the Mio, two USB cables. Done.

The Mio is another box to carry around... I'm glad it doesn't have knobs all over it--can just through it in my bag.
eclectics
wednesdayayay wrote:
oh cool so any HID device should work now?

the the shbobo shnth comes out in MAX as a HID device so this should work no problem then right?

First thing i tried after the upgrade.
So far i can verify the buttons work fine, but i havent got the barres or antenna working, though a hid test PD patch suggests they should be recognized.
Funky40
mOBiTh wrote:
Hey os

JFYI:
http://compasflamenco.com/midi-c-3/midi-usbusb-p-4.html?zenid=ff2xXEkT kkY1qpN4lbB2x0

this device could be a affordable solution for that "problem". (ships from Spain much likely)
i have none, myself much interested to hear some feedback from people using it with a FH-1 wink
os
@eclectics If you can send me the HID report descriptor I can see how that should/could map to the FH-1.

@Funky40 That looks very useful - I'll get one and test it.
mOBiTh
Funky40 wrote:
mOBiTh wrote:
Hey os

JFYI:
http://compasflamenco.com/midi-c-3/midi-usbusb-p-4.html?zenid=ff2xXEkT kkY1qpN4lbB2x0

this device could be a affordable solution for that "problem". (ships from Spain much likely)
i have none, myself much interested to hear some feedback from people using it with a FH-1 wink

That's a very handy looking gadget for sure - they make some other useful looking utilities too. Thanks for the link! Look forward to hearing whether it works with FH-1
2disbetter
Funky40 wrote:
mOBiTh wrote:
Hey os

JFYI:

The FH-1 is an amazing piece of kit for sure, but if you don't need all that the FH-1 offers and you really just want to sequence your module from a computer you should look into the Polyend Poly module. It allows you to do this and automatically configures all incoming signal to it's 8 voice outs (1 gate, 1 cv, 1 velocity and 1 modulation). It can also behave as a host or a guest.

Outside of that though the FH-1 is extremely flexible and it's ability to allow you to custom control the outputs specifically makes it overall far more powerful as a means of controlling your module. (sequencing, arp, lfo, etc.)

2d
timmmofa
hey there,
i got my FH-1 a few days ago and it works like a charme with Squarp Pyramid + Octatrack through a iconnectivity midi2+ ..... amazing!

i wanted to combine controllers and add a usb hub (Elektron Overhub) and there it is: a nested hub. took me a minute to figure it out.

So for reference: The FH-1 works with USB 3.0 hubs, at least tested with the Overhub. On the Overhub only the 3 ports on the right will connect to the FH-1 though.

timm
os
Thanks for the info. There's a note on 7 port hubs in the FH-1 user manual - often these are actually two daisy-chained 4 port hubs.
mOBiTh
2disbetter wrote:

Outside of that though the FH-1 is extremely flexible and it's ability to allow you to custom control the outputs specifically makes it overall far more powerful as a means of controlling your module. (sequencing, arp, lfo, etc.)

2d

I tried the arp the other day with my seaboard, got some good results!
os
Funky40 wrote:
mOBiTh wrote:
Hey os

JFYI:

Just got one. It appears to work perfectly to link an FH-1 to a Mac (or PC presumably). Cheaper (and smaller) than an iConnectivity thing. Win!
2disbetter
os wrote:
Funky40 wrote:
mOBiTh wrote:
Hey os

JFYI:

Just got one. It appears to work perfectly to link an FH-1 to a Mac (or PC presumably). Cheaper (and smaller) than an iConnectivity thing. Win!

Psssh and way cheaper than a Polyend poly. That's awesome.

2d
Funky40
os wrote:

Thanks for testing ! much appreciated !

win
mOBiTh
os wrote:

Great, thanks for testing mate, also ordered one cool
elegon2112
i use akais max keyboard as a inbetween with no issues. fh-1 powers the keyboard then a midi cable to my interface.. perhaps there are other midi controllers that you can run midi through.
timmmofa
As i couldn't find any information on that topic in the manual .... is it possible to switch presets via MIDI? That would be awesome!
os
Not currently. Were you thinking of using MIDI program change for this?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 11 of 13