MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers FH-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 [all]
Author Expert Sleepers FH-1
bodydouble
Thanks for your reply!

Pam's New Workout was clocking the FH-1.
bodydouble
EDIT: Apologies, double-post.
os
Should be OK. When you say latency, what do you mean exactly? E.g a delay between Pam's starting and the Digitakt starting?
bodydouble
Not at the setup right now, but it sounded like when they were both running, the eurorack voices I had going were completely out of phase with the digitakt sound, like they weren't lined up.
izmond
os wrote:
If you're sending MIDI from the OP-Z to convert to CV, that should be fine.

The OP-1 and OP-Z apparently tend to crash when receiving MIDI clock from the FH-1, but I'm not aware of problems just sending notes from the OP.

os, I'm trying it out right now, the opz is configured to only send "midi out"(no clock out, no clock in, no cc's). I'm using midi channels 1-4 for the four melodic tracks on the opz. Playing a sequence on midi ch 1 works great, maybe one dropped note out of every 128 or so. As soon as I play a sequence on any other opz track, it causes not only notes dropping from the sequence on ch1(like ch2 is muting ch1's gate signal), but also crazy retriggering on the second sequence. It's like the fh1 is sending two gates for note on and two gates for note off.

I, just tonight, updated to the newest fh1 firmware... I couldn't even get a consistent sequence on ch1 with whatever firmware was on it when it arrived.

Any suggestions would be welcome and immediately executed. I have high hopes for this setup. Thanks.
c0ntr4d1ct10n
udbhav wrote:
Was reading about Maschinio earlier, and am wondering if that library would be applicable/adaptable to the FH-1's hardware platform. At the very least, all the annoying work of reverse engineering NI's messaging structure has been/is being done.

Maschine's hardware + 8 CV outs.... It's peanut butter jelly time!

Os, are you planning on making the FH-1 reprogrammable in a way similar to the Disting? Don't expect you to spend all your time writing a completely alternate firmware, but would be cool if the opportunity was available to somebody else. Just idle dreams really.

Anyone know if I can use the FH-1 to convert the Maschine into a standalone Midi drumpad?

I currently use the Maschine Mk3 as decor for my studio setup.
ablearcher
I've been doing some polyphonic patching lately, using the keystep with the FH-1 as my usb midi to CV converter and getting a -lot- of hanging/stuck notes.

I noticed there is a new firmware but details on what it covers are pretty slim, is this addressed or am I missing something?
skylab001
c0ntr4d1ct10n wrote:
udbhav wrote:
Was reading about Maschinio earlier, and am wondering if that library would be applicable/adaptable to the FH-1's hardware platform. At the very least, all the annoying work of reverse engineering NI's messaging structure has been/is being done.

Maschine's hardware + 8 CV outs.... It's peanut butter jelly time!

Os, are you planning on making the FH-1 reprogrammable in a way similar to the Disting? Don't expect you to spend all your time writing a completely alternate firmware, but would be cool if the opportunity was available to somebody else. Just idle dreams really.

Anyone know if I can use the FH-1 to convert the Maschine into a standalone Midi drumpad?

I currently use the Maschine Mk3 as decor for my studio setup.

Well, I believe it will always need to be plugged into a computer, even when using it with a midi template. I use Maschine everyday with an FH-1 and it works great.
c0ntr4d1ct10n
Since I don't have a midi usb-din hub, i am outputting the cv's from the fh-1 into the General CV and then connecting that using the midi breakout into my Roland Juno DS88 so I can control it with my Roli Seaboard Block. This only seems to support monophonic playing.

Or have I completely done something wrong? Do I need to set this using a script?

Also, glide doesn't seem to work - i.e. I can't change to a different pitched note on the Roli without releasing the current note. I have the pitch out cv from the fh-1 input into the v/oct cv on Plaits.
c0ntr4d1ct10n
I'm having trouble getting the Touche SE working with the FH-1. I used the same script as Carl Mikael in his video (using a hex file generated by the online script generator) and made sure that it uses cc's 16-19 on channel 1. The Touche works when I plug it into a iconnectivitymidi4+ but not the FH-1. Everything else I use (ps4 controller, usb mouse, roli seaboard) works just fine.
soundshaper
os wrote:

Hi. We're hoping to use the FH-1 with expander for a special setup. Could you please let me know if this is configurable?

We're planning to use a Roland electronic drum kit to trigger eurorack drum modules. We need 7 Trigger Outputs with 7 Velocity Outputs, and also a CC to CV output for the the foot controller (CC#4) to modulate hi-hat decay, and lastly a clock output. The FH-1 will connect to an iPad via iConnectivity iConnectAudio4+, which will be sending the MIDI data to the FH-1 via USB. The Roland drum brain is connected to the iConnect via DIN and forwarded to the USB.
Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 [all]
Page 13 of 13