MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers FH-1
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers FH-1
os
I was going to add this to the existing 5 page thread, but it appears to have vanished into the ether. Oh well.

Anyway. Here's me talking to Sonic State about the FH-1 at NAMM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgQnR1UgsH4

And a reminder of the FH-1's page: http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh1.html
Citisyn
Really looking forward to this module! Any idea on price?
sushiluv
this is a must-buy.
mt3
I was wondering about the price too.
we're not worthy
Jahbo
Super exiting! One of the best new modules from namm in my opinion.... Ditto for the price question? ... And a release date?
udbhav
Can it host multiple devices simultaneously via a usb hub?
os
Still working on the price. Release should be April-ish.

No hub support yet but I may be able to add it.
Atman Charlatan
applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause
bkbirge
Nice, looks like a nice solution for the OP-1 among other things.
GryphonP3
So the USB socket runs 2 ways? I.e I could clock the FH-1 to a clock module, use an iPad sequencer, and have the sequencer receive clock from the FH-1 over USB to run in time (+ start/stop/reset?) with the euro clock?
os
Yes, once I've actually implemented MIDI clock in the FH-1 firmware (and assuming your iPad sequencer receives MIDI clock).
Dogma
so how are things like LFO type and shape chosen for instance? Im trying to work out how you program it without a computer or is it neccessary? its the missing piece for me...
os
Different MIDI CCs access different functions. You don't program the FH-1, you program the controller.
Lukeai
Any chance you can hook up an OT to the FH-1?
That would be a fantastic combination!
os
An OT?
rove74
I think what is meant by OT is Octatrack, which has midi IO but no USB (the USB is just for sample transfers).
I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a simple usb-midi cable, or via an iconnectmidi.
Lukeai
Sorry Os, I meant Octatrack.

Rove74, that was my whole thinking.
Having the midi out to a midi to usb converter and getting those 8 midi tracks with parameter locks working for the modular cause.

Really flexible solution and still allowing you to stay away from the computer... Guinness ftw!
sgventil
Can you use Silent Way with this Module? That would be fantastic!
Matos
Lukeai
For that use I'd get a yarns. This seems more geared to usb controllers. That's my octa solution.
rove74
Matos wrote:
Lukeai
For that use I'd get a yarns. This seems more geared to usb controllers. That's my octa solution.

While Yarns seems great, the FH-1 is only 8hp (vs 12hp) and it offers 8 CV outs rather than the 4 (4CV, 4 Gate) on Yarns that can be used as LFOs and sequencers and it seems it would work great with the one cable (midi to USB).
We shall see when it hits the shops, but it seems it would be a very nice Octatrack companion, vs any other current options.
Lukeai
Again, I do agree with you rove74.

While Yarns is a great midi to CV/Gate interface, the FH-1 seems to be a swiss army knife. Having those 8 CV outs seems like a better option to me.

Not to mention the whole bunch of new possibilities the FH-1 brings over.

What a fantastic brilliant idea Mr. Os.
Hats off to you! we're not worthy
Dogma
rove74 wrote:
Matos wrote:
Lukeai

While Yarns seems great, the FH-1 is only 8hp (vs 12hp) and it offers 8 CV outs rather than the 4 (4CV, 4 Gate) on Yarns that can be used as LFOs and sequencers and it seems it would work great with the one cable (midi to USB).
We shall see when it hits the shops, but it seems it would be a very nice Octatrack companion, vs any other current options.

the OT- Octatrack - is the reason Im interested in this. Turns my fave sequencer into a direct CV sequencer with Plocks and 8 tracks of 64 steps, ect, ect ,ect
mOBiTh
so could we plug the octatrack straight into the fh1??
Dogma
mOBiTh wrote:

No - the OT uses the USB for data transfer only. The iconnect midi would be the best bet.
Its class compliant (the OT) so it would work if there was midi transmitted over USB - thats one thing din ins/outs on the front. Total solution.
mOBiTh
Dogma wrote:
mOBiTh wrote:

No - the OT uses the USB for data transfer only. The iconnect midi would be the best bet.
Its class compliant (the OT) so it would work if there was midi transmitted over USB - thats one thing din ins/outs on the front. Total solution.

got it smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12