MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
MindMachine
Hadn't used mine in a couple of months and then it went all munchkin versus monk chorus. It is an infinite machine. Mostly used with Yamaha YC Reface and Casio SK-1.
mrcharles
All you folks looking to get a Count to Five... I just got the newsletter from S. Monk and they are in stock and ready to sell.

Act fast, they seem to fly out the door...

http://mtlasm.tictail.com/product/count-to-five
waveglider
Just ordered mine! Rockin' Banana!
dkcg
Got the newsletter...thinking about a second one. Nice to see that he's making these on a regular basis (as regular as a one man company can) so they don't turn into unobtanium in collector hands, nor prepay lists loaded with angry people waiting longer than expected.

Anyone have two already, and have you found some really cool interesting things that you must have two of these?
smetak
dkcg wrote:
Got the newsletter...thinking about a second one. Nice to see that he's making these on a regular basis (as regular as a one man company can) so they don't turn into unobtanium in collector hands, nor prepay lists loaded with angry people waiting longer than expected.

Anyone have two already, and have you found some really cool interesting things that you must have two of these?

Here's some noodling with two Ct5s:

MindMachine
edit - Doh! d'oh! a few already reported more available.

I still use mine almost every session. Far from mastering it. Might be the best value pedal I have ever bought.
Homepage Englisch
Damn! Sold out again.

I had no money because I ordered 2 modules (which are still on their way) and decided to wait. It was sold out literally 3 days after the newsletter re-stock announcement.

(There are a few on reverb.com for 3x the price. I'm not surprised.)
wednesdayayay
my wife has one she hasn't used in a while that is from the last batch (no real changes)
PM me if you want me to see if she has any interest in selling it at a reasonable not jacked up price
I wouldn't be trying to make money just want to see this awesome pedal get used waah
smetak
Man, you got to love this thing! Its just so outlandish, so bizarre, off-the-wall thing - you never know what you are going to get out of it!

Really dig using it with an expression pedal and controlling the time - from spit-fire delays to thick, sluggish drones! No doubt, one of the best pedals ever!

I was excited when Monk announced the new 856 for ZELLERSASN, but, quite frankly, the demos didn't really cut it for me - couldn't really understand what was going on or how to use the thing. Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.
Homepage Englisch
wednesdayayay wrote:
my wife has one she hasn't used in a while that is from the last batch (no real changes)
PM me if you want me to see if she has any interest in selling it at a reasonable not jacked up price
I wouldn't be trying to make money just want to see this awesome pedal get used waah

That's great news! PM'd. Thank you, kind sir.
pzoot
smetak wrote:
Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/856-for-zellersasn.html?m=1
Jamnuska
Release the Euro version!

Pretty please.
aBunchOfPedals
I was surprised the last batch sold out so fast, I bet a lot of people just buy them to resell.
GovernorSilver
aBunchOfPedals wrote:
I was surprised the last batch sold out so fast, I bet a lot of people just buy them to resell.

Or maybe they just make them in batches of 10 and 100 people order every time.
smetak
GovernorSilver wrote:
aBunchOfPedals wrote:

This is just a one-man show - from what I understand, its just Scott Monk, in a micro-boutique outfit, building and designing the effect, which has become incredibly popular (no one with an itch for the experimental and the abstract can live without a Ct5 - essential gear). No doubt, demand greatly outweighs supply in this case.

The best thing to do is to sign up for the MA newsletter and check the site from time to time. It might take a bit, but you will eventually get your pedal (I got an early 2015 version without hassle, and I live all the way in distant S. Amerika....) - the only thing I wouldn't do is pay the resale price at Reverb or Ebay, which is a rip off.

@Bunch of Pedals: Caught your demo for the Mr. Black Tapex2 delay - great work, mate! Very fine demo and beautiful sounding delay! Hope you get a Ct5 - can't wait for your demo on it!
Granny
So, what does this thing do that you couldn't build yourself with a max msp or pure data patch?
shamann
But then, what does anything digital do that you couldn't build yourself with a max msp or pure data patch? Nothing really.

Ultimately, it sits on a pedal board, gets you away from the computer.
waveglider
Granny wrote:
So, what does this thing do that you couldn't build yourself with a max msp or pure data patch?

Nothing, but that's not the point. This is a piece of hardware with knobs, no computer necessary! I find it so much more intuitive and immediate when I am working with hardware like this versus using a software patch.
dkcg
Granny wrote:

Run without a computer or spending time learning Max or Pd or Reaktor, etc. and possibly buying a license.

Can't stomp your keyboard (or you could spend time on an arduino controller too).

If MaxMSP could do everything, theoretically, why buy any hardware?

I use max, but not in a while, but the time vs. it already exists at a reasonable cost makes me like pedals of all kinds. They're just hardware nodes.

w00t
Scories
Granny wrote:

Actually, there's a few people among us who prefer to spend time playing instruments and composing music rather than programming and soldering.

About the CT5, one small change that could be done (in mode 3) to make it a little funkier, less arpeggiated, would be to implement a time-offset one at least one of the 3 sample playbacks (I'd suggest number 2). Could be done with an expression pedal.
chvad
seems like a lot of function has been added since I grabbed mine. I need to update the firmware soon!
GovernorSilver
smetak wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
aBunchOfPedals wrote:

This is just a one-man show - from what I understand, its just Scott Monk, in a micro-boutique outfit, building and designing the effect, which has become incredibly popular (no one with an itch for the experimental and the abstract can live without a Ct5 - essential gear). No doubt, demand greatly outweighs supply in this case.

The best thing to do is to sign up for the MA newsletter and check the site from time to time.

I was responding to the accusation of Ct5 buyers intending to do some scalping.
dkcg
I think it's just timing. A few months ago, brand new CT5 was in stock for like a couple weeks before it sold out. When I bought mine originally, it was sold out right away. This last batch seems to have sold much faster than the previous (or the one before that).

I was surprised how much gougers are asking for them on Reverb, especially since they are still in production, sparingly, but still.

Then again, those $400+ gouger prices are a great marketing tool for Scott. Maybe some buy them thinking that someone will give them $400+ for one. Maybe some buy them right away because they don't want to overpay, and $250 seems like a deal in comparison to reverb dealer prices. seriously, i just don't get it
Granny
no offense and i definitely get the "away from the computer" thing, really. thats one reason why im here smile im actually really interested in this thing but its quite expensive and im pretty cheap right now. i just bought a patchblocks and will try to do something similar with it
Bath House
smetak wrote:

I was excited when Monk announced the new 856 for ZELLERSASN, but, quite frankly, the demos didn't really cut it for me - couldn't really understand what was going on or how to use the thing. Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.

I had a Zellersasn for about a month. I thought that it was going to be a CT5 on steroids but it's really an entirely different thing. It also had one of the most inscrutable interfaces I've ever encountered on a piece of gear ever. Even after learning it well, I would daily end up with it doing behavior that I didn't expect and couldn't figure out why it was doing and would have to pull the plug. I eventually sold it on reverb for a truly inappropriate amount of money. Last I saw, he had already redesigned the interface.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 12 of 15