MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
smetak
Bath House wrote:
smetak wrote:

I was excited when Monk announced the new 856 for ZELLERSASN, but, quite frankly, the demos didn't really cut it for me - couldn't really understand what was going on or how to use the thing. Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.

I had a Zellersasn for about a month. I thought that it was going to be a CT5 on steroids but it's really an entirely different thing. It also had one of the most inscrutable interfaces I've ever encountered on a piece of gear ever. Even after learning it well, I would daily end up with it doing behavior that I didn't expect and couldn't figure out why it was doing and would have to pull the plug. I eventually sold it on reverb for a truly inappropriate amount of money. Last I saw, he had already redesigned the interface.

!?!?!?!?!?! Man, oh man!
Bath House
smetak wrote:
Bath House wrote:
smetak wrote:

I was excited when Monk announced the new 856 for ZELLERSASN, but, quite frankly, the demos didn't really cut it for me - couldn't really understand what was going on or how to use the thing. Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.

I had a Zellersasn for about a month. I thought that it was going to be a CT5 on steroids but it's really an entirely different thing. It also had one of the most inscrutable interfaces I've ever encountered on a piece of gear ever. Even after learning it well, I would daily end up with it doing behavior that I didn't expect and couldn't figure out why it was doing and would have to pull the plug. I eventually sold it on reverb for a truly inappropriate amount of money. Last I saw, he had already redesigned the interface.

!?!?!?!?!?! Man, oh man!

Nope, mine was in the 700's I think. I put it up for the price kind of as a joke and to get attention before dropping it to something sane and then it sold overnight. eek!
adolfgottmann
Any plan to have a reseller in Europe? Pipe dream right?
smetak
Seems to be an alternative to the Ct5:

http://www.redpandalab.com/blog/introducing-the-tensor/
bobdylan
I got my count to five in the last batch from Montreal Assembly and I'm absolutely loving it for guitar. Kind of reignited my love for guitar after spending 5 months delving into eurorack for the first time. I was hoping it wouldn't degrade the samples as heavily for other audio but I guess considering the crazy stuff it's doing it makes sense.

In conjunction with the Infinite Jets it's a match made in heaven.
Antlerface
Been running the Easel through CT5. What a stellar piece of kit. I have one on my guitar board; and I'm definitely going to buy another when they're released again, which should be "who knows when" based on previous Montreal Assembly releases.

On the topic of 856: when it worked predictably that was an awesome pedal. So 80% of the time I liked what I got out of it. The interface was so abysmally terrible and counterintuitive that I got rid of it after six months or so. The new layout looks better, I hope to try it again in the future.
Shrigg
I picked up a CT5 here at muffs and it's been a fun exercise in chaos. Only tried it with bass guitar thus far but can certainly see the potential, now to tame the beast... cool!
notjoesuthers
Anybody else excited for their take on the PLL?
paranoidmoonduck
it's really interesting to see how the ideas in the CT5 have become increasingly common in eurorack stuff. the new mannequins module w/ is especially similar (using CV instead of any knobs).
MindMachine
paranoidmoonduck wrote:
it's really interesting to see how the ideas in the CT5 have become increasingly common in eurorack stuff. the new mannequins module w/ is especially similar (using CV instead of any knobs).

Funny. I just tonight added a second Malekko SND/RTN module and plugged in my CT-5 into the old Euro modular. Sweet. Still a lot more immediate control than the W/ (which I will likely score).

There are a lot of similar Euro modules to the Particle too, but I bought a second Particle to make sure I could use one in patches if I desire. Seems more immediate than what I have seen with modules (the 2HP Freeze rocks though).
paranoidmoonduck
MindMachine wrote:
paranoidmoonduck wrote:

Funny. I just tonight added a second Malekko SND/RTN module and plugged in my CT-5 into the old Euro modular. Sweet. Still a lot more immediate control than the W/ (which I will likely score).

There are a lot of similar Euro modules to the Particle too, but I bought a second Particle to make sure I could use one in patches if I desire. Seems more immediate than what I have seen with modules (the 2HP Freeze rocks though).

I still like the flexibility of desktop units, but if you're solely working within a single eurorack case and have adapted to use CV as the sole control of your system, stuff like the Morphagene and /w make more sense.

it's definitely interesting to see the cross pollination between guitar pedals and eurorack modules these days though.
JohnLRice
paranoidmoonduck wrote:
it's definitely interesting to see the cross pollination between guitar pedals and eurorack modules these days though.
Smart pedal makers should start adding some 3.5mm jacks to their pedals in addition to the existing 1/4" ones? At least for the audio inputs and outputs that have the needed voltage and impedance handling for eurorack but . . . maybe also one or more for CVing of parameters?
popvulture
Dwarfcraft is already doing this, always cool to see. I agree the moar the better.
paranoidmoonduck
Would love to see more of that, for sure. Less worried about 3.5mm jacks, since 1/4" to 1/8" cables aren't impossible to find, but would love to see pedals that can work flawlessly with Eurorack voltages.
Homepage Englisch
Just got mine, played it today for the first time. Wow. We "clicked" immediately! It inspires me to make music. Delay, looper, sampler, harmonizer, octaver, arpeggiator; if necessary also a tremolo, chorus, reverb, it goes even into a ring modulator territory!

Funny thing, I'm usually quite sloppy guitar player. However, with this thing, just following the pedal's pulse, I recorded a lengthy session of fast paced licks, no mistakes, no oscillations in tempo. Must be that mental flow thing.
smetak
I ended up getting Red Panda's Tensor and must say using it way more than the Ct5 - much easier to control and use. And the looping capability is better; also, getting a kick out of the "Random knob" - a very impressive pedal, which seems to emulate and improve some of the features on the Ct5.
MindMachine
^ The Tensor does look incredible. More straightforward. You should start a thread to convince me. Mr. Green

I've been using the CT-5 on a SND/RTN for my Euro modular and it is working out really well. Using it to catch certain phrases to play over, etc. Really nice for the way I work (live/improvised).

Tonight it gets bad harmonica.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
^ The Tensor does look incredible. More straightforward. You should start a thread to convince me. Mr. Green

I've been using the CT-5 on a SND/RTN for my Euro modular and it is working out really well. Using it to catch certain phrases to play over, etc. Really nice for the way I work (live/improvised).

Ah, you should definitively give the Tensor a try - I found it more manageable, especially with the looping - a bit over 4 seconds of looping, but you can really zero in on the phrase. And found it easier to speed up and slow down the delay time. A beast less wild than the Ct5, but a very exciting pedal!

Quite frankly, Red Panda is becoming my favorite pedal brand - this is their third pedal that I buy and like all of them immensely.
Jaypee
this pedal seems great but hard to get...what are the alternatives?
Even in VST/M4L etc...
Cowabunga-man
Jaypee wrote:
Even in VST/M4L etc...

Sign up for the newsletter on the montreal assembly website. There seems to be something coming pretty soon:

"... We have finished producing a run and they are going through testing now."
Jaypee
Cowabunga-man wrote:
Jaypee wrote:
Even in VST/M4L etc...

Sign up for the newsletter on the montreal assembly website. There seems to be something coming pretty soon:

"... We have finished producing a run and they are going through testing now."

Thank you! just did it!

It's peanut butter jelly time!
MindMachine
smetak wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Ah, you should definitively give the Tensor a try - I found it more manageable, especially with the looping - a bit over 4 seconds of looping, but you can really zero in on the phrase. And found it easier to speed up and slow down the delay time. A beast less wild than the Ct5, but a very exciting pedal!

Quite frankly, Red Panda is becoming my favorite pedal brand - this is their third pedal that I buy and like all of them immensely.

Tensor is at the top of the list. I have two Particles and use them all of the time, so I know what you mean.

My CT-5 will remain plugged, whether voice, bass, CR-78, Euro modular or Yamaha Reface YC/CP...

I need to try it with a cassette loop next. I have several cassette machines and cd players into their own sub mixer(s) that need more mojo. Surprised I just considered this.

Fun. Boat
smetak
For anyone out there on the lookout for a Ct5 and a 856 - just received this:

http://mtlasm.tictail.com/
dkcg
Picked up my second one. I wish I jumped on a blem, but you’re snooze you lose. Should be fun!
MindMachine
That 856 is too heavy for my addled mind. It gives me Fripp nightmares.

dkcg wrote:
Picked up my second one. I wish I jumped on a blem, but you’re snooze you lose. Should be fun!

So left and right channel? Stereo CT5?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 13 of 15