MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
keyofnight
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
How do you define a hipster video? seriously, i just don't get it

By ostension? Put a bird on it!

Hipster is one of those terms that is notoriously difficult to define, and it's falling out of vogue. You can tell me to STFU, and I'd be okay with it. wink
pricklyrobot
keyofnight wrote:
Hipster is one of those terms that is notoriously difficult to define
Given how most people use it, I think it just means "someone younger than me is doing/wearing something I don't completely understand, hence I am belligerent" thumbs up
smetak
pricklyrobot wrote:
keyofnight wrote:
Given how most people use it, I think it just means "someone younger than me is doing/wearing something I don't completely understand, hence I am belligerent" thumbs up

A fat trust fund + maori-style tattoos are de rigueur.
smetak
Here's another interesting piece on the effect - also on the "fop" side of things.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAiAnmoNuCw
keyofnight
pricklyrobot wrote:
keyofnight wrote:

Except it's my generation that does the hipster thing a lot. I drink the kool-aid a little too—I love taking polaroid pictures, and I'm trying to get dark lo-fi sounds out of my bass. I do not, however, wear tortoise-shell Ray-Ban Wayfarers; I do not roll-cuff my jeans to show off my selvedged, raw denim; and I do not ride a custom fixed-gear bike. lol.

I'm also black, and I think it's hard to be a black hipster. (Can hipsters listen to Ice Cube in a non-ironic way? I'm not sure.)
pricklyrobot
keyofnight wrote:
Can hipsters listen to Ice Cube in a non-ironic way?
Do it! or die tryin'... thumbs up
rembrandtvanrijn
Can someone measure out a CT5 so I know how much space to leave on my pedalboard for eventually getting one?
glia
keyofnight wrote:
pricklyrobot wrote:
keyofnight wrote:

Except it's my generation that does the hipster thing a lot. I drink the kool-aid a little too—I love taking polaroid pictures, and I'm trying to get dark lo-fi sounds out of my bass. I do not, however, wear tortoise-shell Ray-Ban Wayfarers; I do not roll-cuff my jeans to show off my selvedged, raw denim; and I do not ride a custom fixed-gear bike. lol.

I'm also black, and I think it's hard to be a black hipster. (Can hipsters listen to Ice Cube in a non-ironic way? I'm not sure.)
first, the video is a great demo of the pedal...period (close your eyes and listen if the presentation bothers you) it helped me decide whether I wanted this or not by showing how the ct5 differs from other loop & delay gear

waaaay off topic but
second, there are plenty of black/brown hipsters cool

I hate even using that word cause it seems like "normal" people try to use the term to label those they consider strange and shame them into conformity somehow
keyofnight
glia wrote:
first, the video is a great demo of the pedal...period (close your eyes and listen if the presentation bothers you) it helped me decide whether I wanted this or not by showing how the ct5 differs from other loop & delay gear

Definitely great pedal and a great demo. No denying that.

If I didn't already have an MF Delay, I might've grabbed one of these. Maybe I could grab one anyway.

glia wrote:

second, there are plenty of black/brown hipsters cool

Yeah. I know a few. wink

Bananallama!
MindMachine
I am in on the second batch and no word yet. I thought he said it would be August at best. I am patient.

When I was young we directed our disaffection toward the posers. Freaks were always cool though. They were more like tripsters.
MindMachine
Word - made final payment and it should ship this next week.

hyper
tuj
If anyone is interested in trying one, we have two CT5's in stock at stomp.club
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Word - made final payment and it should ship this next week.

hyper

GOT MINE! WHAT AN EFFECT!!!!!! GOING CRAZY WITH THIS THING!!!!
MindMachine
Lotsa Love

How exciting!!! I can't wait to go Panda left and CT5 right. Have you dared to try it? What are you putting through it?

I am all like Ninja for the last week. Every time a delivery truck goes by I fall out of the chair trying to run to the door.

Good times.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Lotsa Love

How exciting!!! I can't wait to go Panda left and CT5 right. Have you dared to try it? What are you putting through it?

I am all like Ninja for the last week. Every time a delivery truck goes by I fall out of the chair trying to run to the door.

Good times.

Still rolling it around on my pedal board - recently, bought a second TC Electronic looper (got to love the simplicity of the thing!) and, just now, added the Ct5 between both loopers, having one feed the recorded sample into the Ct5 - wild, wild, wild! Recorded some crazy glitches via a WMD Geiger & Red Panda particle (another match that is life-changing), into the looper and into the Ct5 while the second looper continuously plays the original piece - spent my entire afternoon doing this! Haven't had so much fun in a very long while! This is the stuff which is made in Haven!
MindMachine
Sounds pretty wild.

Mine just arrived last night. Is your Q switch just a momentary switch (I thought it was a toggle for some reason). I need to revisit the video of the redesign.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Sounds pretty wild.

Mine just arrived last night. Is your Q switch just a momentary switch (I thought it was a toggle for some reason). I need to revisit the video of the redesign.

Tried it out - it modulates the speed in a given mode. But the demos won't tell you much about it - the switch isn't on the previous version - this is exclusive to the 2015 version.

Using it with a Particle and both with an expression pedal. Essential!
MindMachine
Which expression pedal do you use? I only have Moogs through the CP-251. Will a Roland EXP-5 work? I see a new one cheap at B & H Photo.

Yeah, I kinda sussed the Q out last night. I wish the CT5 had a tone knob for the samples or a separate processed out. Get s little dark on some things. With the MIX knob and some post EQ it got very nice though.

I read through how the three modes work and that certainly helped!

So far I tried voice, 5U and KR Mini drums. Nice on all so far. Tonight bass, Boss 404SX and a couple of feedback loops on more modular.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Which expression pedal do you use? I only have Moogs through the CP-251. Will a Roland EXP-5 work? I see a new one cheap at B & H Photo.

Yeah, I kinda sussed the Q out last night. I wish the CT5 had a tone knob for the samples or a separate processed out. Get s little dark on some things. With the MIX knob and some post EQ it got very nice though.

I read through how the three modes work and that certainly helped!

So far I tried voice, 5U and KR Mini drums. Nice on all so far. Tonight bass, Boss 404SX and a couple of feedback loops on more modular.

I have two expression pedals that were handmade - both have two inputs, which is kind of cool to synch effects together. I used to have a handmade volume pedal, but that didn't work quite well - got myself an ernie ball. On the Ct5, it would be interesting if you could stomp the Q switch, a bit of a drag to have to switch it to change the speed. Still fooling around with the Ct-5 and a Red Panda Particle - and a WMD GC to add some noise - love it!
MindMachine
Right on. I found a fuzz box site where someone had success with a Moog EP-2. I will try that tonight. Last night an EP-1 was too much juice. Not sure how they would differ.

Off to the lab...
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Right on. I found a fuzz box site where someone had success with a Moog EP-2. I will try that tonight. Last night an EP-1 was too much juice. Not sure how they would differ.

Off to the lab...

I have a SolidGold 6was9 fuzz on the board - best fuzz I have ever used (exchanged it for an Imperial, also by SolidGold) - but what really makes my day is the Geiger Counter (can't wait for WMD's release of the pro version), especially hooked onto an expression pedal - been using it together with the Particle and Ct5. Some very weird drones and clicks to terrify the neighbors.....hehehehehe.
MindMachine
Last night was a bagpipes CD and then a Hohner harmonica through the CT5. Instant huge drones. Split the output through an Ibanez Echoshifter and a Particle. Could have dicked with just that for hours.

Tonight it is in the Euro modular via Doepfer A-138d. With the A-138d I have two outputs so I run one straight and one out through the Makenoise FxdF to brighten up a little. Run them through a voltage controlled mixer and add the original sequence. Dial it in to be in time and it is very nice.

I could see this thing just living on its own mixer channel to grab any source and just create instant pads/arpeggios/effects. It may end up on a patchbay for this purpose.

I tried my Moog EXP-2 pedal and all it did was turn the effect fully on or off. No in between. Maybe I am missing something.
Hainbach
Curious about this on drums - can it make complex rhythms out of simple beats?
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Last night was a bagpipes CD and then a Hohner harmonica through the CT5. Instant huge drones. Split the output through an Ibanez Echoshifter and a Particle. Could have dicked with just that for hours.

Tonight it is in the Euro modular via Doepfer A-138d. With the A-138d I have two outputs so I run one straight and one out through the Makenoise FxdF to brighten up a little. Run them through a voltage controlled mixer and add the original sequence. Dial it in to be in time and it is very nice.

I could see this thing just living on its own mixer channel to grab any source and just create instant pads/arpeggios/effects. It may end up on a patchbay for this purpose.

I tried my Moog EXP-2 pedal and all it did was turn the effect fully on or off. No in between. Maybe I am missing something.

I'm so amazed with the Red Panda effect with the Ct5 that I've ordered a Raster. What an amazing pedal! Unfortunately, I had to dismount my entire pedal board (Pedaltrain Classic 2) in order to fix two voodoo lab power supplies. Pedaltrain has yet to release the new brackets for their 2015 version and this has given me a supreme headache on how to fix them onto the frame (been to a few guitar shops around New York, but no one has even heard of the new brackets) - but after a good many setbacks have been able, together with a good friend and luthier, to make my own brackets; hopefully, by the end of this week all my pedals will be up and running and will be able to fully combine the Ct5 with the rest - can't wait!!! But, for the time being, just using the Ct5 with the Particle and WMD.

As for the modular, although I also have a Doepfer A-138d, its ins and outs are connected to both my Eventides - a pitchfactor and a timefactor - other from them, haven't hooked up anything else onto the euros. And, from what it seems, the Ct5 acts a bit like the MN Phonogene - rather similar.

As far as my expression pedal, I use two cheap handmade things I bought from a guy in the south of Brazil, which work perfectly with the Ct5 - no complaints here. Just keep in mind that depending on the mode, the expression does not function. And even when it does, depending on the feedback level, it might have a very limited range, merely cutting off the signal - I have noticed this while fooling around with the pedal. Curiously, the Q switch seems to have a better control of the parameters than the expression pedal.
Bath House
I got mine last week and was bummed when I couldn't get it to make a sound even though it powered up and all of the lights/modes functioned. Zero output. I ended up opening it up (on Scott from Montreal Assembly's suggestion) and nothing appeared to be out of order but then it magically just worked once I closed it again.

I really, really like this thing on synths - it turned out to be the missing ingredient for a few tracks I was working on. It seems to have the soul of the boss RPS-10 (one of my favorites) but goes beyond it with looping and other stuff. I still haven't figured out/felt out the different quantize modes yet. I like mode two a ton - 4-second looper with direction and slice length. I only wish that it wouldn't automatically do sound-on-sound when recording the loop, but would instead just cut off overdubbing once it reached the end of the buffer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 3 of 15