MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Montreal Assembly - Count to Five
Pase
I didn't see a topic 'bout this pedal, so this is it:

To me it's great w00t
mckenic
applause

Beautiful and I must say a bloody fantastic video and stellar guitar playing!
Wish I could get em over here!!!

applause

Paranormal will be by here soon!
hihi
tuj
one of the best pedal demos out there. this thing is all over ILoveFuzz.
dude
super cool. it seems sample only but says delay/sampler. if it did its magic with live input i would be buying now.
sduck
it is good

I will buy one
dude
it might be good

i may buy one
sduck
Should I wait and buy yours when you get bored with it?
dude
does he only sell direct with email queries before (as some sort of filter?)?

man do i wish someone could take over functional production of the antinautilus. anything like this just bums me out that likely the right pedal exists in concept only.
dude
sduck wrote:
Should I wait and buy yours when you get bored with it?

not today granddad
mckenic
One of you fuckers buy one and let me salivate at it willya?
And post demos and videos and everything???

I was emailing with the chap for a bit about the Goodbye 24 but he never got back and I kinda forgot about it and dropped it - not in any bad way or anything, he said it'll be awhile and I'll let you know, is all.

VERY interested in this and the chap in the UK thats doing those mental glitch pedals (that I cant remember now)...
Pase
dude wrote:
man do i wish someone could take over functional production of the antinautilus.

+1
Pase
mckenic wrote:
I was emailing with the chap for a bit about the Goodbye 24 but he never got back and I kinda forgot about it and dropped it - not in any bad way or anything, he said it'll be awhile and I'll let you know, is all.

I think CT5 is a kind of update of the G24? The builders says it's much more a kind of expansion of it:
http://mtlasm.blogspot.it/p/count-to.html
pulse_divider
dude wrote:
it might be good

i may buy one

I have one on the way, will let you know when I get it.
dude
awesome. i need to get you back your compressor. would love to get together!
Popski
I bought one as well...
waiting,, waiting..

plus I ordered a Nasa Attribute.
megamaeng
Do any of you that own this pedal ever use it on sources other than guitars? I'm thinking synths or full songs. Any clips or videos you can share doing this? I'm thinking about using it similar to how a phonogene or cocoquantus might process sounds, but in its own unique way.

Thanks Guinness ftw!
tuj
I'll have mine in a bit and post something up.

The guy doing the CT5 is also thinking about programming for the FV1 SPIN, so send him some emails telling him you want to hear his programming for the z-dsp! We need more z-dsp carts!
jah_vengeance
Nice. Would be immense if this was built as a eurorack module.
Parts of that video remind me of the phonogene, with a few Mungo gO elements thrown in.
dude
i met one today.

it does have a lot in common with phonogene but while not hifi, a clearer sound than pg and the quantize abilities yield more tonally usable results. i would say both are quite fantastic and live in the same world but are quite different in operation. it seemed to sound/feel easier with synth levels than guitar but really great sounding on elec guitar and bass. ridiculous with drum machine. a very complex and variable thing. sample/delay/pitchshift/mild granular explorations. very interesting algorithm running. able to focus in to certain sounds covered by other pedals/devices. like a crazy max patch (arm proc. in pedal).
Popski
just got my CT5 and Nasa Attribute yesterday. nice!!!
YellowBlood
This pedal is ridiculous! Scott from Montreal assembly makes the craziest devices, check out the WSOU (Wrong Side of Uranus) lol It's the craziest bitcrusher screaming goo yo
pricklyrobot
Just stumbled across this pedal today. Unfortunately don't have any speakers on my work computer.

Seems like this thing may allow you to scrub forward and back through your loop (via exp pedal), is that right?

I used hand-cranked synchronizers (with 16mm film, and 1/4" mag stock) way back in college. Always thought it'd be cool to have an effect that approximated the sounds you could get screwing around with those things...
smetak
Didn't know about this until a few days ago when I caught the link via Muff - man, this has to be one of the weirdest, eh?, delay-looper-thing I've ever heard! Sent Scott an email and subscribed to his blog - needless to say, I'm anxiously waiting for the next batch in late April/May. Although I had promised myself, no more pedals for the next two decades or so - this really blew me away! Amazing!
smetak
Didn't know about this until a few days ago when I caught the link via Muff - man, this has to be one of the weirdest, eh?, delay-looper-thing I've ever heard! Sent Scott an email and subscribed to his blog - needless to say, I'm anxiously waiting for the next batch in late April/May. Although I had promised myself, no more pedals for the next two decades or so - this really blew me away! Amazing!
glia
can anybody on here who has one post demos?

i like what i've heard so far but am greedy for more...
Paranormal Patroler
mckenic wrote:

Paranormal will be by here soon!
hihi

I am so predictable!
jheronymo
dude wrote:
ridiculous with drum machine

this guy has got the right idea ^^ SlayerBadger!

awesome sounding peda! since i parted with the phonogene i'd been hoping to find a similar effect box
megamaeng
I'd love to hear this on a drum machine
glia
megamaeng wrote:
I'd love to hear this on a drum machine
if i can ever snag one i'll be using it for machine drumming most of the time
MrNovember
I've been talking about this guy in the what's your favourite non-fuzz pedal thread. I absolutely love mine. It works great with every input I've tried so far. I definitely won't be selling it ever.

A couple instagram clips:

Rhythmic clip being sampled by mode 2 of the Count to 5:
https://instagram.com/p/wKNVORLv8F/

Some Nebulae madness processed by mode 1:
https://instagram.com/p/wHY40zrv47/
https://instagram.com/p/wHZ1vULv-O/
sascha.victoria
Do you guys know of any other pedals in this world?
tuj
mine came yesterday!
MrNovember
sascha.victoria wrote:

As in other weird, glitchy sampler/delay kind of pedals?
You could start with:
Sonic Crayon Anti Nautilus
MASF Possessed and Raptio
HEXE Revolver
MWFX Glitch and Judder
sascha.victoria
thanks!

MrNovember wrote:
sascha.victoria wrote:

You could start with:
HEXE Revolver
MWFX Glitch and Judder
fredguy
Just got one this week. w00t

Mostly with guitar so far. I'll post some synth/ drum machine clips this weekend.
fredguy
Quick demo of a sequenced bugbrand syn2c through the count to five. DRM1 keeps the beat.
About a minute of knob twiddling in each mode of the count to five. When the DRM drops out its just the count to 5.

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/203224853" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Duplan
MrNovember wrote:
sascha.victoria wrote:

You could start with:
HEXE Revolver
MWFX Glitch and Judder

You should have mentioned the Red Panda Particle... Can do glitch big time !
tuj
Really enjoying the CT5. Not sure if the Red Panda Particle would overlap much with this or not? Thinking about one of those too.

I wish they would have labeled the IN and OUT jacks on the CT5. I was really confused...
smetak
tuj wrote:
Really enjoying the CT5. Not sure if the Red Panda Particle would overlap much with this or not? Thinking about one of those too.

Got a Red Panda Particle - fascinating little box, but, yes, I think the Panda box is quite different from the Ct-5. They don't appear to overlap; they seem to be different effects - the Ct-5 is centered on messing around with the delay time while the Panda, despite being a delay, more on modulating and creating glitches in the tone. But, again, this is just from the Ct-5 demos I have watched. Unfortunately, was a bit late on the craze and wasn't able to grab one myself. Am praying that Scott will get around on making a second batch for us, the unfortunate ones that didn't get a blue box first time around. Hopefully.....
MindMachine
I hope he makes more too. I hesitated scored a few other things instead. The Particle is still my favorite pedal. It can be so subtle or extreme. Used as an effect or played like an instrument. I bet two for stereo trickery would be mind blowing. Besides the Echorec the Particle is the only pedal I ever wanted two of.

That Count 5 blows my mind every time I watch those demos. It covers different ground than Particle for sure.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
I hope he makes more too.

Scott has informed that he will probably be opening orders for the new & enhanced version of the Ct-5 (he's changing a few things from the original version - redesigned the PCB - but didn't say exactly what will be different) very shortly - about mid to late May if the freshly printed circuits are ok. So have your eyes open. This will probably go fast.
MindMachine
Thank you for the heads-up. thumbs up
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Thank you for the heads-up. thumbs up

You're welcome!
smetak
To all those running after a Ct-5:

Scott has now opened and is taking pre-orders for the effect - to be shipped around late June-July (http://mtlasm.blogspot.com.br/).

He is asking a US$50 upfront deposit and the rest (US$150 + shipping) due when the pedal is ready to ship.
MindMachine
Thanks. Just prepaid.
I just received another Particle this week because I could not wait for the Count to 5. This is gonna' be sweeeet.
SlayerBadger!
smetak
Also have a Particle (but just one.....went on a spending spree - bought an Afterneath and the newest version of the Warped Vinyl, the MKII, and a new Custom Audio Wah, so have to take it easy....hehehehe) - can't wait to pair them!
glia
anybody got theirs from the 2nd 2015 batch?
smetak
glia wrote:
anybody got theirs from the 2nd 2015 batch?

I don't think so - I was one of the first to order the second batch, but haven't received mine.

Guess that Scott has yet to finish them.

Probably will do so in the next week or so.
keyofnight
I really like this pedal and what it does.

...but that was the most hipster video demo I've ever seen. Wow. Straight hipster. Portlandic even. Wow.

I'm not even saying that's a bad thing. It just...took me by surprise.
Paranormal Patroler
How do you define a hipster video? seriously, i just don't get it
keyofnight
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
How do you define a hipster video? seriously, i just don't get it

By ostension? Put a bird on it!

Hipster is one of those terms that is notoriously difficult to define, and it's falling out of vogue. You can tell me to STFU, and I'd be okay with it. wink
pricklyrobot
keyofnight wrote:
Hipster is one of those terms that is notoriously difficult to define
Given how most people use it, I think it just means "someone younger than me is doing/wearing something I don't completely understand, hence I am belligerent" thumbs up
smetak
pricklyrobot wrote:
keyofnight wrote:
Given how most people use it, I think it just means "someone younger than me is doing/wearing something I don't completely understand, hence I am belligerent" thumbs up

A fat trust fund + maori-style tattoos are de rigueur.
smetak
Here's another interesting piece on the effect - also on the "fop" side of things.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAiAnmoNuCw
keyofnight
pricklyrobot wrote:
keyofnight wrote:

Except it's my generation that does the hipster thing a lot. I drink the kool-aid a little too—I love taking polaroid pictures, and I'm trying to get dark lo-fi sounds out of my bass. I do not, however, wear tortoise-shell Ray-Ban Wayfarers; I do not roll-cuff my jeans to show off my selvedged, raw denim; and I do not ride a custom fixed-gear bike. lol.

I'm also black, and I think it's hard to be a black hipster. (Can hipsters listen to Ice Cube in a non-ironic way? I'm not sure.)
pricklyrobot
keyofnight wrote:
Can hipsters listen to Ice Cube in a non-ironic way?
Do it! or die tryin'... thumbs up
rembrandtvanrijn
Can someone measure out a CT5 so I know how much space to leave on my pedalboard for eventually getting one?
glia
keyofnight wrote:
pricklyrobot wrote:
keyofnight wrote:

Except it's my generation that does the hipster thing a lot. I drink the kool-aid a little too—I love taking polaroid pictures, and I'm trying to get dark lo-fi sounds out of my bass. I do not, however, wear tortoise-shell Ray-Ban Wayfarers; I do not roll-cuff my jeans to show off my selvedged, raw denim; and I do not ride a custom fixed-gear bike. lol.

I'm also black, and I think it's hard to be a black hipster. (Can hipsters listen to Ice Cube in a non-ironic way? I'm not sure.)
first, the video is a great demo of the pedal...period (close your eyes and listen if the presentation bothers you) it helped me decide whether I wanted this or not by showing how the ct5 differs from other loop & delay gear

waaaay off topic but
second, there are plenty of black/brown hipsters cool

I hate even using that word cause it seems like "normal" people try to use the term to label those they consider strange and shame them into conformity somehow
keyofnight
glia wrote:
first, the video is a great demo of the pedal...period (close your eyes and listen if the presentation bothers you) it helped me decide whether I wanted this or not by showing how the ct5 differs from other loop & delay gear

Definitely great pedal and a great demo. No denying that.

If I didn't already have an MF Delay, I might've grabbed one of these. Maybe I could grab one anyway.

glia wrote:

second, there are plenty of black/brown hipsters cool

Yeah. I know a few. wink

Bananallama!
MindMachine
I am in on the second batch and no word yet. I thought he said it would be August at best. I am patient.

When I was young we directed our disaffection toward the posers. Freaks were always cool though. They were more like tripsters.
MindMachine
Word - made final payment and it should ship this next week.

hyper
tuj
If anyone is interested in trying one, we have two CT5's in stock at stomp.club
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Word - made final payment and it should ship this next week.

hyper

GOT MINE! WHAT AN EFFECT!!!!!! GOING CRAZY WITH THIS THING!!!!
MindMachine
Lotsa Love

How exciting!!! I can't wait to go Panda left and CT5 right. Have you dared to try it? What are you putting through it?

I am all like Ninja for the last week. Every time a delivery truck goes by I fall out of the chair trying to run to the door.

Good times.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Lotsa Love

How exciting!!! I can't wait to go Panda left and CT5 right. Have you dared to try it? What are you putting through it?

I am all like Ninja for the last week. Every time a delivery truck goes by I fall out of the chair trying to run to the door.

Good times.

Still rolling it around on my pedal board - recently, bought a second TC Electronic looper (got to love the simplicity of the thing!) and, just now, added the Ct5 between both loopers, having one feed the recorded sample into the Ct5 - wild, wild, wild! Recorded some crazy glitches via a WMD Geiger & Red Panda particle (another match that is life-changing), into the looper and into the Ct5 while the second looper continuously plays the original piece - spent my entire afternoon doing this! Haven't had so much fun in a very long while! This is the stuff which is made in Haven!
MindMachine
Sounds pretty wild.

Mine just arrived last night. Is your Q switch just a momentary switch (I thought it was a toggle for some reason). I need to revisit the video of the redesign.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Sounds pretty wild.

Mine just arrived last night. Is your Q switch just a momentary switch (I thought it was a toggle for some reason). I need to revisit the video of the redesign.

Tried it out - it modulates the speed in a given mode. But the demos won't tell you much about it - the switch isn't on the previous version - this is exclusive to the 2015 version.

Using it with a Particle and both with an expression pedal. Essential!
MindMachine
Which expression pedal do you use? I only have Moogs through the CP-251. Will a Roland EXP-5 work? I see a new one cheap at B & H Photo.

Yeah, I kinda sussed the Q out last night. I wish the CT5 had a tone knob for the samples or a separate processed out. Get s little dark on some things. With the MIX knob and some post EQ it got very nice though.

I read through how the three modes work and that certainly helped!

So far I tried voice, 5U and KR Mini drums. Nice on all so far. Tonight bass, Boss 404SX and a couple of feedback loops on more modular.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Which expression pedal do you use? I only have Moogs through the CP-251. Will a Roland EXP-5 work? I see a new one cheap at B & H Photo.

Yeah, I kinda sussed the Q out last night. I wish the CT5 had a tone knob for the samples or a separate processed out. Get s little dark on some things. With the MIX knob and some post EQ it got very nice though.

I read through how the three modes work and that certainly helped!

So far I tried voice, 5U and KR Mini drums. Nice on all so far. Tonight bass, Boss 404SX and a couple of feedback loops on more modular.

I have two expression pedals that were handmade - both have two inputs, which is kind of cool to synch effects together. I used to have a handmade volume pedal, but that didn't work quite well - got myself an ernie ball. On the Ct5, it would be interesting if you could stomp the Q switch, a bit of a drag to have to switch it to change the speed. Still fooling around with the Ct-5 and a Red Panda Particle - and a WMD GC to add some noise - love it!
MindMachine
Right on. I found a fuzz box site where someone had success with a Moog EP-2. I will try that tonight. Last night an EP-1 was too much juice. Not sure how they would differ.

Off to the lab...
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Right on. I found a fuzz box site where someone had success with a Moog EP-2. I will try that tonight. Last night an EP-1 was too much juice. Not sure how they would differ.

Off to the lab...

I have a SolidGold 6was9 fuzz on the board - best fuzz I have ever used (exchanged it for an Imperial, also by SolidGold) - but what really makes my day is the Geiger Counter (can't wait for WMD's release of the pro version), especially hooked onto an expression pedal - been using it together with the Particle and Ct5. Some very weird drones and clicks to terrify the neighbors.....hehehehehe.
MindMachine
Last night was a bagpipes CD and then a Hohner harmonica through the CT5. Instant huge drones. Split the output through an Ibanez Echoshifter and a Particle. Could have dicked with just that for hours.

Tonight it is in the Euro modular via Doepfer A-138d. With the A-138d I have two outputs so I run one straight and one out through the Makenoise FxdF to brighten up a little. Run them through a voltage controlled mixer and add the original sequence. Dial it in to be in time and it is very nice.

I could see this thing just living on its own mixer channel to grab any source and just create instant pads/arpeggios/effects. It may end up on a patchbay for this purpose.

I tried my Moog EXP-2 pedal and all it did was turn the effect fully on or off. No in between. Maybe I am missing something.
Hainbach
Curious about this on drums - can it make complex rhythms out of simple beats?
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
Last night was a bagpipes CD and then a Hohner harmonica through the CT5. Instant huge drones. Split the output through an Ibanez Echoshifter and a Particle. Could have dicked with just that for hours.

Tonight it is in the Euro modular via Doepfer A-138d. With the A-138d I have two outputs so I run one straight and one out through the Makenoise FxdF to brighten up a little. Run them through a voltage controlled mixer and add the original sequence. Dial it in to be in time and it is very nice.

I could see this thing just living on its own mixer channel to grab any source and just create instant pads/arpeggios/effects. It may end up on a patchbay for this purpose.

I tried my Moog EXP-2 pedal and all it did was turn the effect fully on or off. No in between. Maybe I am missing something.

I'm so amazed with the Red Panda effect with the Ct5 that I've ordered a Raster. What an amazing pedal! Unfortunately, I had to dismount my entire pedal board (Pedaltrain Classic 2) in order to fix two voodoo lab power supplies. Pedaltrain has yet to release the new brackets for their 2015 version and this has given me a supreme headache on how to fix them onto the frame (been to a few guitar shops around New York, but no one has even heard of the new brackets) - but after a good many setbacks have been able, together with a good friend and luthier, to make my own brackets; hopefully, by the end of this week all my pedals will be up and running and will be able to fully combine the Ct5 with the rest - can't wait!!! But, for the time being, just using the Ct5 with the Particle and WMD.

As for the modular, although I also have a Doepfer A-138d, its ins and outs are connected to both my Eventides - a pitchfactor and a timefactor - other from them, haven't hooked up anything else onto the euros. And, from what it seems, the Ct5 acts a bit like the MN Phonogene - rather similar.

As far as my expression pedal, I use two cheap handmade things I bought from a guy in the south of Brazil, which work perfectly with the Ct5 - no complaints here. Just keep in mind that depending on the mode, the expression does not function. And even when it does, depending on the feedback level, it might have a very limited range, merely cutting off the signal - I have noticed this while fooling around with the pedal. Curiously, the Q switch seems to have a better control of the parameters than the expression pedal.
Bath House
I got mine last week and was bummed when I couldn't get it to make a sound even though it powered up and all of the lights/modes functioned. Zero output. I ended up opening it up (on Scott from Montreal Assembly's suggestion) and nothing appeared to be out of order but then it magically just worked once I closed it again.

I really, really like this thing on synths - it turned out to be the missing ingredient for a few tracks I was working on. It seems to have the soul of the boss RPS-10 (one of my favorites) but goes beyond it with looping and other stuff. I still haven't figured out/felt out the different quantize modes yet. I like mode two a ton - 4-second looper with direction and slice length. I only wish that it wouldn't automatically do sound-on-sound when recording the loop, but would instead just cut off overdubbing once it reached the end of the buffer.
smetak
Bath House wrote:
I only wish that it wouldn't automatically do sound-on-sound when recording the loop, but would instead just cut off overdubbing once it reached the end of the buffer.

Same here - the continous layering is a bit of a bummer. Wish I could cut it off at some point.
MindMachine
Bath House - glad it works now for sure. I have the RPS-10 and RSD-10, but think I prefer the CT5 sound more even though I am boosting it to add some high end with a Boss LMB-3 or an EH Screaming Bird. I think the old Boss units maintain the tone pretty well in my estimation. You have a better understanding of the CT5 than I do. I have about 2 hrs. in and still need the cheat sheet to hear wtf I am doing.

smetak - I have the Ct5 and a Particle into my A-138d with the LMB-3 and A/DA Flanger. It still sounds clean with all of them going. Throw the CT5 and Particle in with your Eventides and see what happens Mr. Green . I was using a Realistic Electronic Reverb with the A-138d too, but replaced it with an A/DA Flanger. The Flanger gets eaten up by the Particle though. The Realistic was nice w/ internal feedback. I may put it back in front of the CT5 to catch the gentle feedback. As for pedals I may get the EV-5 anyway.

hainbach - Yes. I have only played my little KR Mini pcm drums through it but it does indeed. I am going to try CR-78 tonight. It is not the cleanest clearest multi looper like an EH 2880, but with drums or sequences you do get some rhythms built up.

Soon to the lab... I have a Sputnik VCO sequence going awry with the Particel/CT5.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
smetak - I have the Ct5 and a Particle into my A-138d with the LMB-3 and A/DA Flanger. It still sounds clean with all of them going. Throw the CT5 and Particle in with your Eventides and see what happens
Soon to the lab... I have a Sputnik VCO sequence going awry with the Particel/CT5.

Will do!
lightworks
I'm still waiting to hear from Scott, cant wait to try this one!

Best,
Ruben
Mr. Sound Boy King
Man, I love the CT5 so much.

I love to run it into the ol' MASF Possessed, see below:

https://vimeo.com/139271674
https://vimeo.com/136978891
mckenic
What chip is in these bad boys? Anyone open theirs up?
In the 2nd vid Mr. Sound Boy King posted it sounds FV-1ish!

Think Im covered since getting the MWFX Judder (famous last words!) hihi
Mr. Sound Boy King
mckenic wrote:

Pretty sure there's a bunch of KP3 happening, too. How do you like the ol' Judder?
mckenic
Mr. Sound Boy King wrote:
mckenic wrote:

Pretty sure there's a bunch of KP3 happening, too. How do you like the ol' Judder?

thumbs up
Not sure what KP3 is oops

Not to derail but Im loving the Judder - I was a little surprised its the same chip as The Sound of Shadows (I tend not to get fx based on stuff I already have covered, more try to replicate them with the stuff already to hand) - but - Im delighted with the level of control and fidelity!
thumbs up
Mr. Sound Boy King
mckenic wrote:
mckenic wrote:

thumbs up

Not to derail but Im loving the Judder - I was a little surprised its the same chip as The Sound of Shadows (I tend not to get fx based on stuff I already have covered, more try to replicate them with the stuff already to hand) - but - Im delighted with the level of control and fidelity!
thumbs up

Rad. Kp3 = Kaoss Pad 3. An oldie but goodie.
Mr. Sound Boy King
mckenic wrote:
mckenic wrote:

thumbs up

thumbs up

Rad. Kp3 = Kaoss Pad 3. An oldie but goodie.
mckenic
applause Ah! Of course d'oh! Lol!
thumbs up
glia
got mine yesterday
and it was well worth the wait after a quick session

will post rhythm and drum riffs when I play more
Bonefish67
Pre-ordered today...I can't wait..
-Mike
dkcg
I shouldn't have watched the video. It broke about 9 month long period of buying no new gear. Paid my deposit, and the wait begins. This is fun!
Tombola
Preorder now: http://mtlasm.tictail.com/product/count-to-5-preorder
myecholalia
done. thanks for the heads up.
MindMachine
dkcg wrote:
I shouldn't have watched the video. It broke about 9 month long period of buying no new gear. Paid my deposit, and the wait begins. This is fun!

Worth it and a very unique item. I thought you would have had one already actually. You will be pleased.
dadek
ditto, I had got on the mailing list so long ago and thought I had missed an order at some point, or was forgotten as people seemed to somehow be getting them semi-recently...
so happily waiting for one now...

but yeah, had just got a, what I thought was a big enough pedal board/surface, hah! help
dkcg
MindMachine wrote:
dkcg wrote:

Worth it and a very unique item. I thought you would have had one already actually. You will be pleased.

I've been kind of a miser lately, last big purchase was my 223e and MF104m last year. I knew this was some kind of sampling glitchy effect, I knew I would probably like it, so I avoided watching any videos. Now I can't wait to get mine.

Does it handle line levels? or do I need to drop the levels going into it?

Also bought a Foxrox TZF2 tonight that I was on another list I forgot about, it should ship this week. My hopes of streamlining are going the wrong way...gotta sell some stuff just to get rid of clutter. Too many pedals. Rockin' Banana!
MindMachine
dkcg wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
dkcg wrote:

I've been kind of a miser lately, last big purchase was my 223e and MF104m last year. I knew this was some kind of sampling glitchy effect, I knew I would probably like it, so I avoided watching any videos. Now I can't wait to get mine.

Does it handle line levels? or do I need to drop the levels going into it?

Also bought a Foxrox TZF2 tonight that I was on another list I forgot about, it should ship this week. My hopes of streamlining are going the wrong way...gotta sell some stuff just to get rid of clutter. Too many pedals. Rockin' Banana!

Right on. I am running mine right now in the Euro modular through a Doepfer A-138d. And now I just ran it straight from modular level and seemed to work the same. I use attenuation on a fair amount of my digital pedals with synthesizers.

I hear you on streamlining. Especially pedals.
'But each one does something different'
You only use that one five times a year - 'but what a tone - nothing like it'
I can rationalize all of them.

This one is different than anything I have ever played. Instant warbly pad backgrounds. Glitch stutters. Warped loops. Pretty trick. I have a Boss LMB-3 after mine to add some presence. At least on some of the synth loops it needs some sparkle/hi-end/presence to my ears if I lean heavy on the mix knob. Even a Behringer Spectrum copy worked ok in that capacity.

I think a EQD Rainbow Machine would be awesome with this.
Bath House
The Ct5 does some heavy lifting in this track - it's mostly Juno 6 through a CT5. Love this thing.

http://soundcloud.com/lotionsoakeddiamonds/chaplet-of-protection-from- divine-indifference

[s]http://soundcloud.com/lotionsoakeddiamonds/chaplet-of-protection-fr om-divine-indifference[/s]
myecholalia
if anyone missed the boat for the latest preorder (which is now again sold out), i'm thinking about letting my place go as i need the money for a different thing.
pm me if you're interested and we'll work something out.
MindMachine
Bath House wrote:
The Ct5 does some heavy lifting in this track - it's mostly Juno 6 through a CT5. Love this thing.

http://soundcloud.com/lotionsoakeddiamonds/chaplet-of-protection-from- divine-indifference

[s]http://soundcloud.com/lotionsoakeddiamonds/chaplet-of-protection-fr om-divine-indifference[/s]

That is beautiful.
knifey
patiently waiting for this, to complete my trio of delay/looper pedals:

Eventide Timefactor (killer looper - the only thing I use on it)
CT5
Digitech DL-8 (a highly underrated pedal w/ infinite repeat for loopy, glitchy drone-y goodness).
smetak
knifey wrote:
patiently waiting for this, to complete my trio of delay/looper pedals:

Eventide Timefactor (killer looper - the only thing I use on it)
CT5
Digitech DL-8 (a highly underrated pedal w/ infinite repeat for loopy, glitchy drone-y goodness).

You use only the looper on the timefactor? Woe! I never even tried the looper on the timefactor! Interesting. I would be curious to know why of your option of a timefactor as a looper - I may be missing something here.
knifey
Yeah, the looper of the Timefactor is killer! I think it's highly underrated in the looper discussion because it's not a highly advertised feature, which is a total shame. it's best to update the unit to the latest firmware (or at least the one after the original) because that will give you reverse playback.

So let's see....there are separate knobs to adjust the sample start point and loop length (it can go down to 5ms for glitchy grainy stuff!), multi-mode pitchshift - by octaves, 5ths, dominants, chromatic, or free/smooth. The pitch knob at 12 o'clock will pause the sample (basically slow down to 0%), and when you turn it counter-clockwise, you're pitch-shifting it in reverse. There's also different overdub/replacement modes (latch/punch x overdub/replace) that you can change even after you've recorded something, so you can use that to slice your samples by doing quick short steps on the record switch. And every parameter is MIDI-assignable or controllable with an expression pedal. Once you're in playback mode, the middle switch can be used for reversing. So you can slice, overdub, reverse, pitch-shift very quickly on the TF.

Other than the CT5, I'm not sure if there is any other hardware looper with those features - and a knob for each of them!

I've never used a Timeline or Boomerang, so i won't compare the TF with those, but I'm VERY happy with what i can do on the Timefactor.
smetak
knifey wrote:
Yeah, the looper of the Timefactor is killer! I think it's highly underrated in the looper discussion because it's not a highly advertised feature, which is a total shame. it's best to update the unit to the latest firmware (or at least the one after the original) because that will give you reverse playback.

So let's see....there are separate knobs to adjust the sample start point and loop length (it can go down to 5ms for glitchy grainy stuff!), multi-mode pitchshift - by octaves, 5ths, dominants, chromatic, or free/smooth. The pitch knob at 12 o'clock will pause the sample (basically slow down to 0%), and when you turn it counter-clockwise, you're pitch-shifting it in reverse. There's also different overdub/replacement modes (latch/punch x overdub/replace) that you can change even after you've recorded something, so you can use that to slice your samples by doing quick short steps on the record switch. And every parameter is MIDI-assignable or controllable with an expression pedal. Once you're in playback mode, the middle switch can be used for reversing. So you can slice, overdub, reverse, pitch-shift very quickly on the TF.

Other than the CT5, I'm not sure if there is any other hardware looper with those features - and a knob for each of them!

I've never used a Timeline or Boomerang, so i won't compare the TF with those, but I'm VERY happy with what i can do on the Timefactor.

Amazing! Man, from what you wrote, I may even ditch the Boomerang for a while & fool around with the timefactor - I never even touched the looper on the box - I was like, "yeah, yeah, another delay with an inane looper...." - but how wrong I am! Thanks a million for the feedback! Really opened my eyes here!
knifey
No worries! Glad to help. The only thing I've yet to try is MIDI-controlling the parameters using a MIDI foot controller (KMI Softstep) so I can have my hands free. I forgot to mention, the expression pedal can also be assigned to MULTIPLE knobs on the TF with varying minimum and maximum values. It's kind of crazy how much they've thought of when they first released the Timefactor.

Cheers!
knifey
No worries! Glad to help. The only thing I've yet to try is MIDI-controlling the parameters using a MIDI foot controller (KMI Softstep) so I can have my hands free. I forgot to mention, the expression pedal can also be assigned to MULTIPLE knobs on the TF with varying minimum and maximum values. It's kind of crazy how much they've thought of when they first released the Timefactor.

Cheers!
smetak
knifey wrote:

Cheers!

That would be pitch perfect if I can assign various parameters via one expression pedal - and, most interesting, I can hook it up with the pitchfactor - I use both synch via midi with the modulars - but after what you wrote, seriously considering put both boxes on my pedal board.
knifey
Now that I think about it - there's not a lot of demo videos on the Timefactor looper so I may do one when I have some time next month.
GovernorSilver
I should try the looper at some point.

...after downloading and installing the update released this past August...

https://www.eventideaudio.com/news/product/eventide-updates-entire-sto mpbox-line
knifey
Yup!

For now, waiting patiently for the CT5 so that this discussion can be back on track Mr. Green
smetak
knifey wrote:
Now that I think about it - there's not a lot of demo videos on the Timefactor looper so I may do one when I have some time next month.

Drop us a line when you post the demos!
knifey
For sure! Rockin' Banana!
Pachamodula
Has anyone who put in a preorder this past september received their CT5 yet?
knifey
Not yet. But Scott did send an email in December with an update, and he also posted a new message in his CT5 blog about outsourcing the build of the second run and encountering a bit of a delay.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=9168564048801257518&postID=16 50632703748470325
justscratch
pre-order is up

count to five pre-order
tallhouserecordingco
Got mine earlier this week, but probably because I had a friend pick it up locally in Montreal. I think they should be shipping them very soon!
tallhouserecordingco
While I'm here might as well ask a question for those of you that have the pedal....is there a list of expression pedals that are known to work with the count to 5?
I tried my line 6 expression pedal and it didn't do much...Thanks!
MindMachine
Montreal Assy. mentioned that the Roland/Boss Ev-5 should work ok. I am using Moog EP1 and EP-3 with it. I have not tried an EP-2 but I suppose it would work too.
tallhouserecordingco
Cool, thanks for the info MindMachine.
Mrdave1981
I wanted something small and picked up the AMT ex-50 expression pedal. Has been working well with the count to five.
dkcg
Just got email from Scott saying mine should be on its way in the next day or two. Rockin' Banana!

Anyone know if I can send it CVs or do I need a TRS cable? I'm assuming 0-5V, anyone able to verify?
Bonefish67
dkcg wrote:
Just got email from Scott saying mine should be on its way in the next day or two. Rockin' Banana!

Anyone know if I can send it CVs or do I need a TRS cable? I'm assuming 0-5V, anyone able to verify?

Cool, I think we ordered ours around the same time so hopefully I get my shipping email soon.
-Mike
Kingnimrod
how many of these are shipping out? I paid almost 2 weeks ago...
Ptbarnum
dkcg wrote:

Trs, I believe. I'd ask Scott
chvad
Kingnimrod wrote:
how many of these are shipping out? I paid almost 2 weeks ago...

No idea about the number but I got a notification my shipped a couple of days ago. I imagine it lands next week sometime.
MrBiggs
Yeah I can't wait for the pedal, but this has been sort of a mess. I hope to see a shipping notice soon. seriously, i just don't get it
chvad
I don't know if I'd call it a mess. From the large number of small makers I've purchased from I've grown used to longer waits and sporadic updates. It can be a little frustrating sometimes for sure but I dig that it's hard to keep up with stuff. I've just gotten used to trying to real in my gear lust for stuff like and be ok with it being a long haul situation instead of instead gratification.

That being said mine arrived today!

Can't wait to play it!
dkcg
I saw a posting elsewhere, either ILF or The GearPage, that they started shipping this week, about 60 or so a day. I haven't gotten shipping confirmation yet, just a reply to an email saying that mine would ship out in the next couple days.

It hasn't been too bad, I've been on much worse waiting lists (ZOe...cough cough). I'd be surprised if Scott wasn't doing it all himeself, I can't see there being enough profit to hire very many people to ship. I'd rather he be late shipping than shipping something that wasn't up to his standards, which it seems like was the delay with the outsourced parts.

Took a while, but I'm glad I signed up last year for this batch.
smetak
I bought the new Ct5 last year and had it shipped to an address different from what I have registered at PP due to customs, etc.

Contacted Scott directly and he was extremely friendly and helpful - also tackled a bit on updating the firmware - for some odd reason, I couldn't get my century-old computer to recognize the pedal - and, once again, pestered Scott, who gave me a hand (yes, updated it without hassle) - I have nothing but praise for the man.

Being a one-man operation, it might take a bit more, but, at the end, you will receiving this wonderfully odd blue box to make a plethora of weirdness and be the talk of the town!
MindMachine
This box is perfect for Wigglers. It can be an instrument unto itself. I do not play guitar (I molest several of them though) so I use this as a table top device. I play a Toy Piano though it and it sounds like Robert Fripp on a Celeste. I hum a word or two into it and it sounds like 10CC. Play a synth sequence through it and mix the CT5 and the original sequence together and all kinds of crossing and mashing melodies sound off against each other. With a cheesy Casio Sk-1 Harmonic Synthesizer it is a dreamy pad machine.

I can imagine how incredible it would be in the right hands. It makes me sound like a musician. Sun

Kent - I would be careful with modular cv. Attenuate and plug w/ TRS I reckon. I know the Particle cannot handle hot levels so I have played it safe with the CT5 so far. My Moog Expressions all work well. The pedal seems to affect a fairly short range on settings, but absolutely useful.

The Particle is still my favorite most and most varied device, but I consider the CT5 more of an instrument. It will be fun to see what you slingers can do with this crazy box.
dadek
Got mine yesterday, must find some time to play today... w00t
Tombola
Mine arrived this week. Phenomenal on guitar and Wurlitzer, so much going on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBfyYGXjmQq/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BBcVXrUjmY_/

Tried it on drum machine and there doesn't seem to be much top end (i.e. it's well voiced for clean guitar) but haven't done much experimentation or run modular through it yet.
tallhouserecordingco
dkcg wrote:

Was also thinking about sending it CV from the modular. Did a bit of digging around and came across this post over at ilovefuzz. I think its Scott himself responding.

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=43246&start=360

"The input should "tolerate" up to about 5-5.5 volts but i don;t recoment it. If you go over you could damage the main cpu, and that will be quite a pain in the ass/brick your pedal. There is some protection added so it isn't likely to blowup the first instant it hits 5.1v, but it is not designed to work with eurorack CV per se. Also if you plug a mono 1/4" into the expression jack it will cause excessive current flow from your supply on account of it shorting the ring of the TRS its expecting to the sleeve.

One way to do it would be to have a CV from your synth going to a TRS cable, with the voltage on the Tip and the Ground on the Sleeve. Leave the ring disconnected. This *should* work ok as long as the input is 0-5V BUT the pedal will only respond to 0-3V, and at 3V it will just stay at "max" even if the CV passes this voltage.

SO the absolute best way to do it, and definitely waht i would recomend, would be to get 2 resistors wit ha 2:3 ratio,like 220k and 330k say (very common values) and use it as a voltage divider from your 0-5V out to scale it to 0-3, then plug that into the TRS as described in the previous paragraph and everything should be good, and it will respond to the full 0-5v scale, because you actually just shrank it to 0-3V. You could probably cram the 2 resistors into the shell of the TRS and just have one slick magic cable wink"
Bath House
I really like drums through the CT5. It loses so much top end but creates instant 12-bit/cassette beats off or even the cleanest sources.

Has anyone tried using a proper reamp box in front of the CT5? I'm curious how well it takes signals like synths when they're properly converted.
setsun8
For those with the newer CT5 versions, you will notice that in mode 1 when you hold the soft footswitch down the LED will go green. You now have access to a low pass filter! While holding the switch down, move the DIR knob to change the filter cutoff and then let go of the footswitch. This is incredibly useful for taming high pitches when pitch shifting to the extreme.
dkcg
Mine got here today. The shipping notice for Canada Post said it was gonna get here next Thursday, so it was a nice suprise to have it for this weekend. Took a total of about a week to LA from Montreal. grin
MindMachine
dkcg wrote:
Mine got here today. The shipping notice for Canada Post said it was gonna get here next Thursday, so it was a nice suprise to have it for this weekend. Took a total of about a week to LA from Montreal. grin

hyper hyper hyper
Kingnimrod
Finally got a shipping notice, with an expected delivery date of 2/23 - one month after I paid the balance. It's been a challenge to my instant-gratification way of life.
dkcg
Don't fret, it's worth the wait. I was disappointed to see that I paid $25 for shipping that was supposed to take over 2 weeks, so I was surprised to get it already. If the shipping for me is any indication, and you're also in the US, it might take less time than the estimated date of delivery. The Canada Post website told me I would get it on the 17th, but I got it today. It went through NY to get to me, so maybe quicker than that if you're out east.

setsun8 wrote:
For those with the newer CT5 versions, you will notice that in mode 1 when you hold the soft footswitch down the LED will go green. You now have access to a low pass filter! While holding the switch down, move the DIR knob to change the filter cutoff and then let go of the footswitch. This is incredibly useful for taming high pitches when pitch shifting to the extreme.

Cool! What does the Q switch do? I think I gotta read the manuals on this one...at least until I understand the functions better.

It seems to be handling audio w/o needing to drop to instrument levels, I'll try it out with a reamp and report back.

My Echoplex Digital Pro broke this week, but this really made up for it. What a fucking cool pedal!! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
Bonefish67
Got mine yesterday. It's awesome. I ended up putting the Ditto X4 in front of it and the OBNE Dark Star and the M-F104m behind it. Very fun.
-Mike

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBvhhRhSqhk/?taken-by=bonefish67
tallhouserecordingco
dkcg wrote:
Don't fret, it's worth the wait. I was disappointed to see that I paid $25 for shipping that was supposed to take over 2 weeks, so I was surprised to get it already. If the shipping for me is any indication, and you're also in the US, it might take less time than the estimated date of delivery. The Canada Post website told me I would get it on the 17th, but I got it today. It went through NY to get to me, so maybe quicker than that if you're out east.

setsun8 wrote:

Cool! What does the Q switch do? I think I gotta read the manuals on this one...at least until I understand the functions better.

It seems to be handling audio w/o needing to drop to instrument levels, I'll try it out with a reamp and report back.

My Echoplex Digital Pro broke this week, but this really made up for it. What a fucking cool pedal!! MY ASS IS BLEEDING

The Q switch cycles through the quantizer modes. You will hear it right away. The manual is lacking in a lot of info, but will get you through the basics. For example, I don't think the manual mentioned the filter.
MindMachine
^ beat me on the reply... good info - makes sense.
dkcg wrote:

Manuals???? Please share if you have any.

Do you mean the Q for the new filter revision or in general? On mine it is a momentary switch that sometimes moves pitch up or down. On some settings adds a fast swirly feedback. I have no idea what it is. Sun

Lately I just have a Casio Sk-1 going through it using its Harmonic synthesizer and sequencers and it is an instant bliss out drone machine. I find I use it almost exclusively as a looper/instrument more than an effect pedal.
chvad
Manual:
http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
tallhouserecordingco
^Beat me to the link. It has been updated since the last time I looked. There's a whole new section on 'Transcendence' that I had only a vague idea about from various snippets of info I've found on different forums. They seem to brainstorm ideas over at I love Fuzz (there's a massive Ct5 thread) and then popular ideas seem to get implemented in future firmware updates - cool!
glia
when will the new firmware for J be available?
tallhouserecordingco
glia wrote:
when will the new firmware for J be available?

Not sure. I think they are still finishing up the assembly and shipping of the latest batch.
setsun8
Glad to see the manual was updated. The transcendence mode was confusing the hell out of me since I didn't know what it was doing.
MrBiggs
I took that HTML-page manual and formatted it into a PDF, if anyone is interested. Makes it a little easier to manage, especially if you print it and attach it to your guitar amp while wiggling the Ct5.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rh70h3es0u2s7js/count-to-five-manual.pdf?dl= 0

Of course, if it's updated, you're out of luck. This is the manual as it exists today (2/22/16).
Kingnimrod
to those who have received yours - question - is the paint job sloppy on yours? Mine looks like it was hit with a soldering iron near the expression jack. Otherwise not the cleanest finish. Considering the cost, and that it took 3 months longer to receive than originally projected, it seems odd that the finish seems to have been rushed.
chvad
Kingnimrod wrote:
to those who have received yours - question - is the paint job sloppy on yours? Mine looks like it was hit with a soldering iron near the expression jack. Otherwise not the cleanest finish. Considering the cost, and that it took 3 months longer to receive than originally projected, it seems odd that the finish seems to have been rushed.

Yer gonna step on it anyways right? d'oh!

Mostly joking aside, finish on mine is fine.
Kingnimrod

just to illustrate, here are a couple of photos showing the nick out of the paint and some black stuff that won't wipe off. Emailed MA but no response so far....
pulse_divider
one of mine had the black stuff. It seemed more like a black enclosure that was painted blue than something on top of the paint.
smetak
I think he has been overwhelmed by demand and had to outsource the pedal, with some not-very-fine results.

Having bought mine a few months back, early issue of the 2015 version, the finish is perfect - nothing to complain.

I guess that the most important issue here is not on the outside, but in the inside. I could live with a few nicks and smudges on the box (wouldn't be terribly happy with it, though, especially after such a long wait), but I wonder about what goes on within the box per say - the soldering, components, PCB, etc - if that's sloppy, then all is lost......but, hopefully, Scott hasn't let any defective boxes out - hopefully such an amazing project won't go to waste due to rushed deadlines and haste.
pulse_divider
smetak wrote:

I guess that the most important issue here is not on the outside, but in the inside. I could live with a few nicks and smudges on the box (wouldn't be terribly happy with it, though, especially after such a long wait), but I wonder about what goes on within the box per say - the soldering, components, PCB, etc - if that's sloppy, then all is lost......but, hopefully, Scott hasn't let any defective boxes out - hopefully such an amazing project won't go to waste due to rushed deadlines and haste.

It looks fine on the inside and his customer service is excellent--- I had some studio clients plug the wrong power supply into one and blow it up and he fixed it for free.
smetak
Yes, I must add to that - I had a bit of a problem with upgrading the firmware - Scott was incredibly helpful and very friendly. I'm incredibly happy with the pedal and have nothing but praise for the man!
MrBiggs
pulse_divider wrote:
one of mine had the black stuff. It seemed more like a black enclosure that was painted blue than something on top of the paint.

That describes mine as well. Otherwise, it looks good.
It's such a weirdo pedal. I haven't made good friends with it yet. Pulling the expression pedal off the El Capistan and attaching it to the Ct5 made progress in the right direction, however. I need to plug in sources other than my shitty guitar-playing.
dkcg
I had to really look hard, and see some black through the blue on the bottom plate, but I'd say it's a decent finish, mine is definitely not as rough as the ones in the pic above. Not as nice as a powder-coat paint job, but I didn't buy it for looks. On an aesthetic level, I think the font is a little on the comic sans side, but like how it's engraved into the enclosure, but think acid etching might look a little cleaner. However, I'm even thinking about one more, but probably won't since I'm trying to keep GAS at bay.

@MrBiggs Same here, playing it with guitar is cool, especially with a looper after it to "catch" some of the interesting phrases that come out. But I think it would make more impact with something like sampling off vinyl, the radio, spoken word, etc. Something you can kinda tell what's going on. Maybe if I could play like Lenny Breau it would sound more like what I want to sound like. But it compliments the Particle and my Infinity (my EDP broke). It's kinda like a MaxMSP patch in a box. w00t
smetak
dkcg wrote:
@MrBiggs Same here, playing it with guitar is cool, especially with a looper after it to "catch" some of the interesting phrases that come out. But I think it would make more impact with something like sampling off vinyl, the radio, spoken word, etc. Something you can kinda tell what's going on. Maybe if I could play like Lenny Breau it would sound more like what I want to sound like. But it compliments the Particle and my Infinity (my EDP broke). It's kinda like a MaxMSP patch in a box. w00t

I have the mix at around 40% to 50%, where you can play off the weirdness that comes out of the box while controlling it via an expression pedal -like inviting Robert Fripp to jam with you. Hell lot of fun!

Yesterday, I tried it with a Particule, a Raster and an Echorec - created this really bizarre sonic tableau and captured it with my looper - wild, wild results.
MrBiggs
Something that loops following the Ct5 is def important. I could see just running it into the DAW or tape deck while recording being useful. Sorta like I did with my modular for the first year I owned it. Gigabytes of weirdo sounds and sequences that I edited and cataloged and still use today.

But yeah, I have a feeling that this box will end up on my desk more often than my pedal board. It made me start looking at electric pianos. I'd really like an electric piano now.
Kingnimrod
Pedal makers typically offer significant discounts on blem units because they affect the value. It won't affect the use, but if I ever have to sell it I'll get hammered because of the condition.
tallhouserecordingco
Anyone else wishing there was expression pedal control over the mix knob? Montreal Assembly seems to be responsive to suggestions for future firmware changes, so thinking about emailing tnem directly.

Been playing guitar through it and would really like to fade loops in and out while still playing.
GNE
I have an early 2015 version [ 2 switch ] and the cosmetics are similar to yours. A few small blems and black coming through in a few spots.

Coming from a smaller builder doing small run stuff like this, it is about what I expected cosmetically.

Kind of surprised to see so much interest in such an esoteric pedal.

There are 10 of these on Reverb right now with prices ranging from $310 to $399.

Not sure what that says about supply and demand or his original selling price / wait times.
MindMachine
MrBiggs wrote:
Something that loops following the Ct5 is def important. I could see just running it into the DAW or tape deck while recording being useful. Sorta like I did with my modular for the first year I owned it. Gigabytes of weirdo sounds and sequences that I edited and cataloged and still use today.

But yeah, I have a feeling that this box will end up on my desk more often than my pedal board. It made me start looking at electric pianos. I'd really like an electric piano now.

Always wanted a Pianet T just to process through pedals...

I have my CT5 into a dedicated 'live table' patchbay on my desktop. It lives with an EH Nanolooper 360, a Particle, a Behringer Spectrum clone and a few other things. With a couple of splitter cables and the patch bay I can route these through each other.
I think I mentioned before that I am mostly using the CT5 as an instrument. I have a Moog EP-1 in it too. EH 360/processed or raw voice/radio/SK-1 are my main sources. Instant beautiful looping pads.

Thanks to you Wigglers who mentioned the CT5 and the Particle (I have two now!). They are game changers for me. SlayerBadger!

edit - oh yeah - put a bagpipe sample cd and some wooden birdcalls thru the CT-5/ EH 360 combo and had some great drones going.
Kingnimrod
just to follow up - Scott provided a bit of a discount on the pedal. I would not have asked if it hadn't been chipped down to the metal.

In other news, he told me that he is porting to eurorack at some point.
MindMachine
Kingnimrod wrote:

zombie
nshuman
I have two and the finish on both was perfect.
colossus
MindMachine wrote:
Kingnimrod wrote:

zombie

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo we're not worthy
Nelson Baboon
I just picked up a used one, and I'm trying to determine whether it's defective.

the output level is incredibly low - so low as to be pretty much unusable. I'm sending it a modular level signal.

this is the 2016 model, and nothing I have tried so far has given me a usable signal. I've tried 2 of the psus that they mention in the manual - a 1 spot, but I'm just not getting much of a dry signal through it. Turning it up gives me tons of noise, etc.

Am I missing something (always possible) but I'm just looking for some kind of basic troubleshooting here. haven't found any hints on this yet.

edit - noise was my mistake - another input on the mixer was active, and (without knowing what I'm doing) this is sounding awfully cool, but is the output really this low? I mean, I'm going to have to amplify it well beyond what my mixer can do.
Matos
Sounds defective. I use an alm sbg and my levels are loud. I have to attenuate not to overload.
Nelson Baboon
Matos wrote:
Sounds defective. I use an alm sbg and my levels are loud. I have to attenuate not to overload.

weird - what would cause that? I mean, I hate to be one of these flakes that bothers a seller (on reverb) to return something, unless I'm sure. It seems to be working, except for the level.
Matos
Hmm. Well, I think the sbg module attenuates the signs going to the pedal and apologies the output back. If you're going into a mixer the channel should be set for guitar input which is low so the mixer amplifies it.
Nelson Baboon
Matos wrote:
Hmm. Well, I think the sbg module attenuates the signs going to the pedal and apologies the output back. If you're going into a mixer the channel should be set for guitar input which is low so the mixer amplifies it.

it's at max, and I have other guitar pedals, and nothing like this.

One hint, perhaps - if I pull the input plug out part way, the signal is much louder, wtf? does this take a trs cable?

(Edit - hmmm - that's much louder. still not great, but a big difference)
Nelson Baboon
hmmm - if I pull out the psu, I get a HUGE volume noise spike - probably at the level this should be playing at. I'm in over my head, I'm afraid. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.
Nelson Baboon
my apologies. the problem was idiotic user error on my part.
Matos
Glad you sorted it out. I was stumped.
Nelson Baboon
Matos wrote:
Glad you sorted it out. I was stumped.

I was using the expression pedal input as the audio input smile
MindMachine
^ Right on. Nelson you should dig this with your top notch noise machines and whatnot.

Have you tried your Ciat Lonbardes or other crazy things (I forget which you have)? Viola/violin?

This pedal seems made for your stuff.
Nelson Baboon
MindMachine wrote:
^ Right on. Nelson you should dig this with your top notch noise machines and whatnot.

Have you tried your Ciat Lonbardes or other crazy things (I forget which you have)? Viola/violin?

This pedal seems made for your stuff.

have some other new pedals (it's that outgoing/ingoing time of year), and haven't played much with this since that first night. It's on tap for this weekend, however, and I'll chime back in....initial experiences were extremely favorable. ..
knifey
Got mine about a month ago, and sold my Eventide Timefactor for it. To be honest, it's an incredibly unique pedal, and musical in its own way, but I'm still trying to become best musical friends with it. I actually found the looper on the Timefactor a lot more useful and versatile for what I did (I run my Eurorack and acoustic instruments like flutes through it). The replace/overdub and sample start/end options on the Timefactor I found more useful. But I understand the experimental nature of the CT5, and one of my current favorite settings is:

Mode 1 (delay)
Mix - 25%
Pitch - close to 12 noon (as low pitched-shifted as possible)
Delay length - fully CW (i.e., long)
Feedback - 70%

This gives me a subtle rumble of a delay, almost a low drone, with whatever I'm doing on my Eurorack.

One thing I did suggest to Scott was in Mode 2, to have the bottom 2 knobs set sample start and end point instead of sample length and randomness. The random feature is fecking COOL but I'm haven't found too many places to use it, but that could be just me. Or, I asked Scott whether half the knob (fully CCW to 12noon) could be randomness and 12 noon to fully CW could switch its function to set sample length.

All said, I don't plan to sell my CT5, but I'll more likely find myself another Timefactor to use along with it.
Nelson Baboon
this might be my favorite pedal, of all I've tried.

the pedals that have inspired me the most in the last few months: industrialectric (the delay one mostly) and this. I find this to be of very high quality, spiritually.
MindMachine
It is an endless machine. Earlier I had an SK-1 sequenced voice sample that was panned left and the right side delayed through the CT-5. The heavily chorused, Lo Fi Junky vocal sound would trigger and then two counts later the CT-5 would produce the arabesque organ tones quantized to the voice sequence. It sounded like a whole different instrument playing along with the voice sequence.

It is beyond a pedal for me. Desk top inspiration.

Hey nelson have you played any viola through it?
Nelson Baboon
MindMachine wrote:
It is an endless machine. Earlier I had an SK-1 sequenced voice sample that was panned left and the right side delayed through the CT-5. The heavily chorused, Lo Fi Junky vocal sound would trigger and then two counts later the CT-5 would produce the arabesque organ tones quantized to the voice sequence. It sounded like a whole different instrument playing along with the voice sequence.

It is beyond a pedal for me. Desk top inspiration.

Hey nelson have you played any viola through it?

well, technically I don't have a viola....only a 7 string violin, but yes.
MindMachine
And as I hit send I remembered it was that beautiful awesome custom violin.
Nelson Baboon
MindMachine wrote:
And as I hit send I remembered it was that beautiful awesome custom violin.

well, I knew what you meant, but just had to clarify a little...
fuzzonaut
I got mine 2 months ago. It's an amazing box. I'm still exploring ...
You can put anything through it, actually you should put anything through it.
Like, for example, the Cookie Monster: ( hihi )

https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1/cookie-monster-counts-to-5
smetak
Don't know if this link has been posted - endless pages on the Ct5!

http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=43246
Zube
Any news on the euro version?
Jamnuska
Damn. Why did I click on this thread?

Any idea when the next batch will be out? Need one of these.
soundinett
I orderd my second Count to five 2nd of May. Nothing happend.
Sent a mail to Scott a month later. He said he couldt not find my Paypal balance payment.
I responded immediately with the Paypal transaction number.
Never heard anything anymore. Hope he is well. He is such a nice and helpful guy. confused
smetak
soundinett wrote:
Sent a mail to Scott a month later. He said he couldt not find my Paypal balance payment.
Never heard anything anymore. Hope he is well. He is such a nice and helpful guy. confused

Bought mine directly from Scott - very decent, very honest person. Had a tough time updating the firmware due to my old machine not functioning properly - Scott was incredibly helpful. Not to worry - he'll most likely contact you in no time in regard to payment.
MindMachine
soundinett wrote:

Two CT5's... great idea. I wouldnt mind a bank of these things. I need to master it better before committing to a second though. I did get a 2nd Particle so it seems logical.

Tonight I am running vocals through the CT5 and some old Boss Micro Rack Effects then sampling into the SK-1 for added strange.

Hopefully he gets back to you soon.
soundinett
[quote="MindMachine"]
soundinett wrote:

Thank´s a lot MindMachine. I´m pretty positive.
Will play live tomorrow with a friend of mine using a Ct5 and a Hologram Dreamsequence.
You can have a look at my setup in the Dreamsequence thread.
I also posted two soundfiles created with this setup.
IstvanM
I was runnin gtwo of these for a while with my synth setup, and sometimes in my guitar rig. Such an inspiring piece of gear
knifey
just read about the Eurorack version of CT5. woah
Tombola
knifey wrote:
just read about the Eurorack version of CT5. woah

Do you have a link? Haven't seen anything.
rovinginsight
http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=51216&start=75

rovinginsight
[quote="soundinett"]
MindMachine wrote:
soundinett wrote:

Thank´s a lot MindMachine. I´m pretty positive.
Will play live tomorrow with a friend of mine using a Ct5 and a Hologram Dreamsequence.
You can have a look at my setup in the Dreamsequence thread.
I also posted two soundfiles created with this setup.

CT5 and a Dreamsequence? woah

I currently use a CT5, Eventide Timefactor, Digitech DL8, and a Digitech Polara for all my delay/looping/live sampling needs.
moloque
Got mine since a few month now and love it. The best for me is to play arpegiated chords (6 strings bass) with the Eqd Afterneath. Definitely my favorite combo for ambient stuff. Dead Banana
IstvanM
rovinginsight wrote:
http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=206&t=51216&start=75

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
moloque
Ct5 in eurorack plus might be in stereo!!! Guinness ftw! MY ASS IS BLEEDING Rockin' Banana!
soundinett
[/img]

Ct5 carefully used as an instrument in a track. In the middle of the song you can hear Ct5 chuncks improvising. In the end Ct5 gives a drumbeat an ascending move to the end. Great tool!!

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/269490141" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
MindMachine
^ Nice rig. One of the craziest. Which Alesis is that next to the Ineko?

Great recording. I like the structure. Building yet restrained.

Guinness ftw!
soundinett
MindMachine wrote:
^ Nice rig. One of the craziest. Which Alesis is that next to the Ineko?

Guinness ftw!

Alesis Nanosynth. Responsible for all synthsounds and birds cool
soundinett
Live-setup with Ct5!

And a track from 6/13/16 at Glockebachwerkstatt Munich:

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/271141199" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Ostinato pattern (evolved during performance) by Ct5. Sampled with Kaoss Pad as a base for improvising

More tracks (Session 78) from that day at AmbioSonics Soundcloud-Site.
smetak
soundinett wrote:
Live-setup with Ct5!

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/270369810" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Underlying pattern (randomly found during performance) by Ct5. Sampled with Kaoss Pad as a base for improvising

3 more tracks (Monophonic Beings, Nasri, Strange Breed) from that day at AmbioSonics Soundcloud-Site.

Excelent! Your taming of the Ct5 is really amazing - dense, cryptic track - reminds me of vintage Rapoon. Well done, Sir!
hawkfuzz
I wish my mixer had an aux. I ordered mine before I go into modular, and when it came I had no interest in guitar. Wanna use it with the modular but I think I'll wait until the module comes out.

Scott told me one is definitely on the list of things to do.
MindMachine
hawkfuzz wrote:
I wish my mixer had an aux. I ordered mine before I go into modular, and when it came I had no interest in guitar. Wanna use it with the modular but I think I'll wait until the module comes out.

Scott told me one is definitely on the list of things to do.

Not sure I understand, but:
A) Split your modular output and play one split side thru the CT5 into another mixer channel..
B) If your mixer has buss outs, then use another mix channel to bring in the CT5.
C) Buy a modular insert module like the Doepfer A-138d. This will allow yu to use it as a module in essence.
D) Record your modular into a handheld digi recorder (or tape recorder) - play that line or loop through the Ct5 while you jam over it.

etc.?
hawkfuzz
Yeah I've done that, but it's either running my sampler/drum machine or the modular. I'd like to be able to go back and forth without having to unplug things. Maybe I'll get one of those modular fx loopers.
Nelson Baboon
strong recommendation for this pedal is the EHX 8-step program. Stronger recommendation, even, is 2 of them, since one then can modulate the other.
knifey
this was one of my recent live rigs (seen at home), although in the end I decided not to take the Timefactor and Zvex distortion (the CT5, DL8 and Polara were more than enough ambience!).

For this show I was playing samples of my own flute practices and weaving them in and out of sine tone sequences (uVCF as my sine osc). The IFM Sprott also made brief appearances. The CT5 was used quite a bit during the 20min set, and all 3 modes were used at one point or another.

Bonefish67
knifey wrote:
this was one of my recent live rigs (seen at home), although in the end I decided not to take the Timefactor and Zvex distortion (the CT5, DL8 and Polara were more than enough ambience!).

For this show I was playing samples of my own flute practices and weaving them in and out of sine tone sequences (uVCF as my sine osc). The IFM Sprott also made brief appearances. The CT5 was used quite a bit during the 20min set, and all 3 modes were used at one point or another.

Love that set up. Did you get any recordings of the gig? It would be cool to hear...
Bonefish67
can't say enough on how much fun this pedal is.......

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI6HnHAjeUP/?taken-by=bonefish67

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI5552sjsLA/?taken-by=bonefish67

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI55dy2DF75/?taken-by=bonefish67
MindMachine
Definitely for tweaking. Mine has never seen the floor. It has it's own mixer channel like an instrument.

I think Robert Fripp needs a couple.
soundinett
Two Ct5 in my current experimental live setup.

AhuraMazda
soundinett wrote:
Live-setup with Ct5!

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/271141199" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Ostinato pattern (evolved during performance) by Ct5. Sampled with Kaoss Pad as a base for improvising

More tracks (Session 78) from that day at AmbioSonics Soundcloud-Site.

Hologram AND a CT5, you absolute madman.
Bonefish67
[quote="AhuraMazda"]
soundinett wrote:
Live-setup with Ct5!

Hologram AND a CT5, you absolute madman.

hologram, ct5 and red panda would be sex..... working on getting a hologram atm along with an og sp-404......fun stuff #iloveloopheads
indexofmetals
i think there's a batch going now. I've got one ordered, can't wait.
MindMachine
indexofmetals wrote:

They are in stock (as of Wednesday) so you should have yours quick. He's making another run for October I think.

Bonefish - I have SP303 and SP404SX with two Red Pandas and one CT-5. Also mix in the EH Nano360 and it is quite a mess.

I need to check that Hologram more. Maybe a Rainbow Machine too.
Bonefish67
MindMachine wrote:
indexofmetals wrote:

They are in stock (as of Wednesday) so you should have yours quick. He's making another run for October I think.

Bonefish - I have SP303 and SP404SX with two Red Pandas and one CT-5. Also mix in the EH Nano360 and it is quite a mess.

I need to check that Hologram more. Maybe a Rainbow Machine too.

cool, I've got a og sp-404 -blackface on the way from japan....can't wait to battle it against my 104m, 388 and the ct5. should be some fun...
Zube
Are there any updates about the Euro version of this?

I've been waiting to get one for a while, maybe I should jump this week on the pedal if the Euro version isn't happening anymore.
GovernorSilver
MindMachine wrote:
indexofmetals wrote:

Out of stock now. Congrats to the lucky customers who got this batch.

http://mtlasm.tictail.com/product/count-to-five
pzoot
Zube wrote:
Are there any updates about the Euro version of this?

I've been waiting to get one for a while, maybe I should jump this week on the pedal if the Euro version isn't happening anymore.

I was in the same boat. Not sure if it's happening or not happening, but I've watched new batches of pedals come and go too many times and decided to just get a pedal in this batch. So with my luck, Eurorack could be released imminently!! But, in the meantime, I'll enjoy the pedal w00t
MindMachine
GovernorSilver wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
indexofmetals wrote:

Best bet is to sign up to his mailing list. I am guessing he still does that. Also an e-mail to verify you want one might help.

I need to experiment more with putting different pedals in front of it to see what happens. So far I have mostly just ran it alone.

I can imagine a jaw harp through two in stereo at different settings. I 'play' recorder through mine and it makes me sound great. Harmonica sounds huge. I sampled little music box mechanisms into it and they were f'ing nice. I bought a second Panda to do stereo experiments and tried it once and it was awesome. But I use them on two mono paths since they are so versatile. I would buy a 2nd CT5 to experiment with stereo but I would end up using them on two different paths anyway. Maybe three of each is the magic number. zombie
pannikel
MindMachine wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
indexofmetals wrote:

Best bet is to sign up to his mailing list. I am guessing he still does that. Also an e-mail to verify you want one might help.

yes the mail outs are still happening, and the recent one seemed to inform in advance of notice on the site
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
indexofmetals wrote:

I need to experiment more with putting different pedals in front of it to see what happens. So far I have mostly just ran it alone.

I can imagine a jaw harp through two in stereo at different settings. I 'play' recorder through mine and it makes me sound great. Harmonica sounds huge. I sampled little music box mechanisms into it and they were f'ing nice. I bought a second Panda to do stereo experiments and tried it once and it was awesome. But I use them on two mono paths since they are so versatile. I would buy a 2nd CT5 to experiment with stereo but I would end up using them on two different paths anyway. Maybe three of each is the magic number. zombie

Excellent Suggestion!

MindMachine
SlayerBadger!
p.j.
MrNovember wrote:
sascha.victoria wrote:

You could start with:
HEXE Revolver
MWFX Glitch and Judder

I would add Red Panda Particle to the above list.
GovernorSilver
MindMachine wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
indexofmetals wrote:

Good point. Thanks! Signed up for the list. I guess he handles the email confirmations manually, as the email didn't arrive within minutes of clicking the Subscribe button. wink
indexofmetals
got email last night that my pedal has been shipped. Probably my only new music purchase for the next year.
soundinett
soundinett wrote:

another night live with the above setup.
drums and voices (around 3:20) running through two Ct5. Voices sound like from a Ben Frost track.
Enjoy:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/280722870" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
unexpectedbowtie
I pre-ordered a CT5 and it just so happened that I was in Montreal when it was ready, so I went and picked it up in person. Scott was just surrounded by piles of boxes of pedals. It was a truly beautiful thing.

The CT5 is one of the most unusual pedals I've got. I'm not sure I'll ever master it, but it's beautiful.
Infinity Curve
Just got one off these this week, thing is bloody awesome!! Last night i was running a serge drones sequence through a Particle, into the CT5, into an El Capistan and from there into a Cocoquantus 2. Mode 3, sample a bit, set it and mind blown!! Well impressed
dkcg
The Particle and the CT5 go hand in hand...and orgy of sampling sin. grin

something wonderful
MindMachine
dkcg wrote:
The Particle and the CT5 go hand in hand...and orgy of sampling sin. grin

something wonderful

Yep - my CT5 lives next to one of my Particles.

And dkcg - THANK YOU for turning me on to both of them through Muffs.
Guinness ftw!
dkcg
Is he still making more? I went to order another one today, but just a "sold out" and no info on any upcoming preorder. :(
smetak
dkcg wrote:
Is he still making more? I went to order another one today, but just a "sold out" and no info on any upcoming preorder. :(

Most likely. Just will take a bit more - I know he's onto making the weird 856 sequencer (there seems to be about 50 out of the oven), which seems a good deal more complex than the Ct5.
Infinity Curve
So I was loving this so much, I grabbed a second one last night. So much awesome!!

I got both of mine used, not sure on re-stock ETA from the maker

Got some pretty awesome recordings last night, will try to post something in the coming days
altheim
soundinett wrote:
soundinett wrote:

drums and voices (around 3:20) running through two Ct5. Voices sound like from a Ben Frost track.
Enjoy:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/280722870" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Having traveled to Munich to take part in the aforementioned session I found it pretty funny to see another Count to Five pedal in the room (a pair of them!), as I'd brought mine as well. My home rig (I'm Murray Altheim of Barkhausen) is normally a whole bunch of pedals followed by a Eurorack synth as a post-processor.

For portability I'd brought some of my favourite pedals and a Big Island Honu soprano ukulele. Not that you could easily tweeze out my contribution in the mix, but my own rig included an Electro-Harmonix Key 9 Electric Piano Machine, an Earthquaker Devices Afterneath (loaned to our bass player for some of the tracks), a Strymon TimeLine (which I had just purchased so I was still figuring it out), the Count to Five, and a TC Stereo Ditto. The ukulele was modified in my hotel room with a K&K Sound Big Island Spot piezo pickup and ran through an L.R. Baggs Gigpro Universal Preamp -- highly recommended. I had all that, a Mesa Subway D-800 (800W bass amp) and an Orange PPC108 1x8 cabinet all in one medium size suitcase. 18kg, checked baggage as fragile, no problems.

On a subsequent gig in Tokyo I had a lot of trouble with the ukulele (feedback is nice until it's not so nice) so next year I might bring a solidbody guitar. But I did fall in love with the ukulele. Beautiful little thing.

The Synchrony of Queens (ants) is just one of the twelve tracks we cut that night. Here's the first track (I think the link will work for the Munich Konfitüre playlist, dunno):

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/255160911" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

...and thanks to all for such a fun and productive evening, which we hope to continue again next year.

Cheers, Murray
boboter
My Ct5 should arrive today. So excited. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
soundinett
altheim wrote:
soundinett wrote:
soundinett wrote:

Enjoy:

Having traveled to Munich to take part in the aforementioned session I found it pretty funny to see another Count to Five pedal in the room (a pair of them!), as I'd brought mine as well. My home rig (I'm Murray Altheim of Barkhausen) is normally a whole bunch of pedals followed by a Eurorack synth as a post-processor.

For portability I'd brought some of my favourite pedals and a Big Island Honu soprano ukulele. Not that you could easily tweeze out my contribution in the mix, but my own rig included an Electro-Harmonix Key 9 Electric Piano Machine, an Earthquaker Devices Afterneath (loaned to our bass player for some of the tracks), a Strymon TimeLine (which I had just purchased so I was still figuring it out), the Count to Five, and a TC Stereo Ditto. The ukulele was modified in my hotel room with a K&K Sound Big Island Spot piezo pickup and ran through an L.R. Baggs Gigpro Universal Preamp -- highly recommended. I had all that, a Mesa Subway D-800 (800W bass amp) and an Orange PPC108 1x8 cabinet all in one medium size suitcase. 18kg, checked baggage as fragile, no problems.

On a subsequent gig in Tokyo I had a lot of trouble with the ukulele (feedback is nice until it's not so nice) so next year I might bring a solidbody guitar. But I did fall in love with the ukulele. Beautiful little thing.

The Synchrony of Queens (ants) is just one of the twelve tracks we cut that night. Here's the first track (I think the link will work for the Munich Konfitüre playlist, dunno):

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/255160911" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

...and thanks to all for , such a fun and productive evening, which we hope to continue again next year.

Cheers, Murray

Nice to see you here again, Murray !!!
wednesdayayay
just ordered up one of these pedals from the website
also heads up they are currently available...
This will replace the puredata patch I made for my wife to play with me

she is excited to use it and that makes me a happy camper
dkcg
Looks like you got two birds with one stone, you get a cool pedal and your wife is happy about it. thumbs up

I almost bought another one, but I just got on the Hexe Revolver list. So tempting, but it looks like Scott is gonna keep making the CT5 as long as people keep buying them...I hope. I'd hate for it to turn into unobtanium.
Mrk94
Got mine recently, been experimenting with running violin through and utilising the pitch and reverse to create some interesting rhythms and counterpoint! Endless possibilities to this thing so far, best pedal purchase i've made we're not worthy
soundinett
New Ct5 experience.
Productive setup with three Montreal Assembly pedals: Early "Wrong side of Uranus", 2x Ct5. Plus an Electro Harmonix Random Tone Generator and a Korg KaossPad for spoken word samples. With the Koma Kommander one can control by hand the second Ct5 via expression pedal input. This is nice!

The RTG sends random pitched sounds to the bitcrushing Uranus.
The 2 Ct5s take that distorted signal and produce together a selfgenerating soundwave.

Enjoy:
[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/304024702" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
paranoidmoonduck
Got an email from Montreal Assembly that the new batch is ready. Finally bought one...
LudicrouSpeed
Hey pals,

So it looks like I'm obsessed with this pedal...

Gonna have to spring for one very soon.

Can anyone confirm midi clock via USB? Working? I've had a look around but can't find that anywhere.

Also, just by the way, one of the vids above had two ct5s next to each other and one looked like it had eztra knobs. Am I seeing things? Is that a mod, or a different version?
pulse_divider
LudicrouSpeed wrote:
Hey pals,

Can anyone confirm midi clock via USB? Working? I've had a look around but can't find that anywhere.

Also, just by the way, one of the vids above had two ct5s next to each other and one looked like it had eztra knobs. Am I seeing things? Is that a mod, or a different version?

There is no midi, USB or clock input on the CT5, at least not on mine (early rev)
The later revs have an additional switch but it only replaces a combination button press on the early model.
smetak
pulse_divider wrote:
LudicrouSpeed wrote:
Hey pals,

There is no midi, USB or clock input on the CT5, at least not on mine (early rev)
The later revs have an additional switch but it only replaces a combination button press on the early model.

As for midi - only the new gadget Scott has made - 856 something - has midi.
LudicrouSpeed
smetak wrote:
pulse_divider wrote:
LudicrouSpeed wrote:
Hey pals,

As for midi - only the new gadget Scott has made - 856 something - has midi.

Thanks guys - I emailed Scott and he linked me to the 856 for ZELLERSASN. Looks rad. Anyone have experience with this fella? Anyone have both and can offer a quick comparison? It seems really cool, but midi sync not withstanding, I think I still want the ct5 foest
MindMachine
Just buy it now or you'll have to wait. It is not really a clocky device.
Eagleclaw
IS it working?
Bonefish67
no clock needed. this pedal will gel with most everything and besides that everyone needs a little funk.... Rasta-nana
LudicrouSpeed
It's my birthday wink

Anyone tried running vocals through the ct5?

Anyone use that company that rents out pedals for you to try for short term? I'm in Australia, so I don't even know if these types of companies ship to or exist here. Seems like a good way to try out boutique pedals you can't buy in shops.
blungo2
They're still available. Just ordered one, i've been wanting to try one for quite a while now.
Bonefish67
LudicrouSpeed wrote:
It's my birthday wink

Anyone tried running vocals through the ct5?

Anyone use that company that rents out pedals for you to try for short term? I'm in Australia, so I don't even know if these types of companies ship to or exist here. Seems like a good way to try out boutique pedals you can't buy in shops.

vocals work great thru it. very much like de-tuned tape..... love wiggle for warble
LudicrouSpeed
(duplicate)
LudicrouSpeed
Got my ct5. Loving it.
2k4s
someone wrote a user guide for this and posted it on the Reddit guitar pedals sub. did it get posted here already? if not, i'll find the link.
mrcharles
2k4s wrote:
someone wrote a user guide for this and posted it on the Reddit guitar pedals sub. did it get posted here already? if not, i'll find the link.

I'm a new member of the CT5 club and I would welcome this... Thanks.
LudicrouSpeed
2k4s wrote:

There's a handy 1 page thing on the MA blog. Is that the one you mean? I'm on phone now so a little finicky, but I can post later on if you like. Post a link that is
polyslax
The blog manual:

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
LudicrouSpeed
Thanks

This is direct to the latest update 1 page referenve card

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwlfmEoxsd0GS1dRbEQxS1pHNUU/view

Reading the whole thing can be a bit of a headroot
Cowabunga-man
All pedals out of stock... Does anyone know if they'll re-up the stock?
mrcharles
Cowabunga-man wrote:

Go to Scott's website and sign up for his newsletter. He will let you know when they are available.... Just now, I believe he is at SXSW...
unexpectedbowtie
Cowabunga-man wrote:

They come in waves, and sell out very quickly. Sign up to the newsletter and jump on one next time they come into stock.

I just picked up one of the 856 pedals after waiting a few months. Gotta be quick though.
Cowabunga-man
Allright thanks!! mrcharles unexpectedbowtie
palealien
Anyone know how to contact Scott – the man behind Montreal Assembly – at all?
My CT5 pedal died and I’m trying to contact him about a repair, I’ve been trying his mtl.asm@gmail.com email address but getting no response.
I’d be super grateful to anyone who can help me get in touch with him, It’s such a great pedal, so obviously I’m really keen to get it up and running again.
DallasKnight
How often do they come back in stock?

Does anybody know?

Had no idea these existed until today
durwin
You can also ask Nick from Reverb Australia - he distributes them within Australia.
Zube
If you email MA they're great about sending "incoming batch" emails. You'll see the used price goes way up while people get impatient waiting for one.

I was waiting on a euro version, but I now want this for guitar more than synth. Kicking myself for missing the last two batches.
Metatarsals
DallasKnight wrote:
How often do they come back in stock?

Does anybody know?

Had no idea these existed until today

They are fairly regular I think, or at least in production consistently, even if they do sell out ridiculously quickly.

Worth signing up to the mailing list as you'll get an email as soon as the next batch is released. Only problem for those of us not in the USA/Canada is that by the time you see the email first thing the next morning, they're often all gone...
mrcharles
Reverb.com is a potential source for CT5...

See here: https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=montreal%20assembly%20count%20to% 205

I've had mine for a while now - easily my favorite pedal (pushing aside the Red Panda Particle).

For those looking to acquire - be mindful that this pedal makes use of firmware... so look for one with the latest version (a visit to the MA website blog should tell you what is current).
Jamnuska
Ditto on the waiting for the Eurorack version....
DallasKnight
Thanks for your replies

Have already signed up to the mailing list but will send him an email too
bougie
Jamnuska wrote:

+1! having a blast with the pedal version but control voltage over the parameters and a trigger input for the footswitch (ie sampling) would be MY ASS IS BLEEDING

multi-pitched loop in perfect sync with a beat waah
Metatarsals
blungo2 wrote:
They're still available. Just ordered one, i've been wanting to try one for quite a while now.

enjoy the madness!
durwin
bougie wrote:
Jamnuska wrote:

+1! having a blast with the pedal version but control voltage over the parameters and a trigger input for the footswitch (ie sampling) would be MY ASS IS BLEEDING

multi-pitched loop in perfect sync with a beat waah

If you're happy to get a cv > midi converter....

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/856-for-zellersasn.html
MindMachine
Hadn't used mine in a couple of months and then it went all munchkin versus monk chorus. It is an infinite machine. Mostly used with Yamaha YC Reface and Casio SK-1.
mrcharles
All you folks looking to get a Count to Five... I just got the newsletter from S. Monk and they are in stock and ready to sell.

Act fast, they seem to fly out the door...

waveglider
Just ordered mine! Rockin' Banana!
dkcg
Got the newsletter...thinking about a second one. Nice to see that he's making these on a regular basis (as regular as a one man company can) so they don't turn into unobtanium in collector hands, nor prepay lists loaded with angry people waiting longer than expected.

Anyone have two already, and have you found some really cool interesting things that you must have two of these?
smetak
dkcg wrote:
Got the newsletter...thinking about a second one. Nice to see that he's making these on a regular basis (as regular as a one man company can) so they don't turn into unobtanium in collector hands, nor prepay lists loaded with angry people waiting longer than expected.

Anyone have two already, and have you found some really cool interesting things that you must have two of these?

Here's some noodling with two Ct5s:

MindMachine
edit - Doh! d'oh! a few already reported more available.

I still use mine almost every session. Far from mastering it. Might be the best value pedal I have ever bought.
Homepage Englisch
Damn! Sold out again.

I had no money because I ordered 2 modules (which are still on their way) and decided to wait. It was sold out literally 3 days after the newsletter re-stock announcement.

(There are a few on reverb.com for 3x the price. I'm not surprised.)
wednesdayayay
my wife has one she hasn't used in a while that is from the last batch (no real changes)
PM me if you want me to see if she has any interest in selling it at a reasonable not jacked up price
I wouldn't be trying to make money just want to see this awesome pedal get used waah
smetak
Man, you got to love this thing! Its just so outlandish, so bizarre, off-the-wall thing - you never know what you are going to get out of it!

Really dig using it with an expression pedal and controlling the time - from spit-fire delays to thick, sluggish drones! No doubt, one of the best pedals ever!

I was excited when Monk announced the new 856 for ZELLERSASN, but, quite frankly, the demos didn't really cut it for me - couldn't really understand what was going on or how to use the thing. Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.
Homepage Englisch
wednesdayayay wrote:
my wife has one she hasn't used in a while that is from the last batch (no real changes)
PM me if you want me to see if she has any interest in selling it at a reasonable not jacked up price
I wouldn't be trying to make money just want to see this awesome pedal get used waah

That's great news! PM'd. Thank you, kind sir.
pzoot
smetak wrote:
Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.

http://mtlasm.blogspot.com/p/856-for-zellersasn.html?m=1
Jamnuska
Release the Euro version!

Pretty please.
aBunchOfPedals
I was surprised the last batch sold out so fast, I bet a lot of people just buy them to resell.
GovernorSilver
aBunchOfPedals wrote:
I was surprised the last batch sold out so fast, I bet a lot of people just buy them to resell.

Or maybe they just make them in batches of 10 and 100 people order every time.
smetak
GovernorSilver wrote:
aBunchOfPedals wrote:

This is just a one-man show - from what I understand, its just Scott Monk, in a micro-boutique outfit, building and designing the effect, which has become incredibly popular (no one with an itch for the experimental and the abstract can live without a Ct5 - essential gear). No doubt, demand greatly outweighs supply in this case.

The best thing to do is to sign up for the MA newsletter and check the site from time to time. It might take a bit, but you will eventually get your pedal (I got an early 2015 version without hassle, and I live all the way in distant S. Amerika....) - the only thing I wouldn't do is pay the resale price at Reverb or Ebay, which is a rip off.

@Bunch of Pedals: Caught your demo for the Mr. Black Tapex2 delay - great work, mate! Very fine demo and beautiful sounding delay! Hope you get a Ct5 - can't wait for your demo on it!
Granny
So, what does this thing do that you couldn't build yourself with a max msp or pure data patch?
shamann
But then, what does anything digital do that you couldn't build yourself with a max msp or pure data patch? Nothing really.

Ultimately, it sits on a pedal board, gets you away from the computer.
waveglider
Granny wrote:
So, what does this thing do that you couldn't build yourself with a max msp or pure data patch?

Nothing, but that's not the point. This is a piece of hardware with knobs, no computer necessary! I find it so much more intuitive and immediate when I am working with hardware like this versus using a software patch.
dkcg
Granny wrote:

Run without a computer or spending time learning Max or Pd or Reaktor, etc. and possibly buying a license.

Can't stomp your keyboard (or you could spend time on an arduino controller too).

If MaxMSP could do everything, theoretically, why buy any hardware?

I use max, but not in a while, but the time vs. it already exists at a reasonable cost makes me like pedals of all kinds. They're just hardware nodes.

w00t
Scories
Granny wrote:

Actually, there's a few people among us who prefer to spend time playing instruments and composing music rather than programming and soldering.

About the CT5, one small change that could be done (in mode 3) to make it a little funkier, less arpeggiated, would be to implement a time-offset one at least one of the 3 sample playbacks (I'd suggest number 2). Could be done with an expression pedal.
chvad
seems like a lot of function has been added since I grabbed mine. I need to update the firmware soon!
GovernorSilver
smetak wrote:
GovernorSilver wrote:
aBunchOfPedals wrote:

This is just a one-man show - from what I understand, its just Scott Monk, in a micro-boutique outfit, building and designing the effect, which has become incredibly popular (no one with an itch for the experimental and the abstract can live without a Ct5 - essential gear). No doubt, demand greatly outweighs supply in this case.

The best thing to do is to sign up for the MA newsletter and check the site from time to time.

I was responding to the accusation of Ct5 buyers intending to do some scalping.
dkcg
I think it's just timing. A few months ago, brand new CT5 was in stock for like a couple weeks before it sold out. When I bought mine originally, it was sold out right away. This last batch seems to have sold much faster than the previous (or the one before that).

I was surprised how much gougers are asking for them on Reverb, especially since they are still in production, sparingly, but still.

Then again, those $400+ gouger prices are a great marketing tool for Scott. Maybe some buy them thinking that someone will give them $400+ for one. Maybe some buy them right away because they don't want to overpay, and $250 seems like a deal in comparison to reverb dealer prices. seriously, i just don't get it
Granny
no offense and i definitely get the "away from the computer" thing, really. thats one reason why im here smile im actually really interested in this thing but its quite expensive and im pretty cheap right now. i just bought a patchblocks and will try to do something similar with it
Bath House
smetak wrote:

I was excited when Monk announced the new 856 for ZELLERSASN, but, quite frankly, the demos didn't really cut it for me - couldn't really understand what was going on or how to use the thing. Anyway, this seems to have been definitively scraped from the Montreal Assembly site; there's not even an announcement on their shop section.

I had a Zellersasn for about a month. I thought that it was going to be a CT5 on steroids but it's really an entirely different thing. It also had one of the most inscrutable interfaces I've ever encountered on a piece of gear ever. Even after learning it well, I would daily end up with it doing behavior that I didn't expect and couldn't figure out why it was doing and would have to pull the plug. I eventually sold it on reverb for a truly inappropriate amount of money. Last I saw, he had already redesigned the interface.
smetak
Bath House wrote:
smetak wrote:

I had a Zellersasn for about a month. I thought that it was going to be a CT5 on steroids but it's really an entirely different thing. It also had one of the most inscrutable interfaces I've ever encountered on a piece of gear ever. Even after learning it well, I would daily end up with it doing behavior that I didn't expect and couldn't figure out why it was doing and would have to pull the plug. I eventually sold it on reverb for a truly inappropriate amount of money. Last I saw, he had already redesigned the interface.

!?!?!?!?!?! Man, oh man!
Bath House
smetak wrote:
Bath House wrote:
smetak wrote:

!?!?!?!?!?! Man, oh man!

Nope, mine was in the 700's I think. I put it up for the price kind of as a joke and to get attention before dropping it to something sane and then it sold overnight. eek!
adolfgottmann
Any plan to have a reseller in Europe? Pipe dream right?
smetak
Seems to be an alternative to the Ct5:

http://www.redpandalab.com/blog/introducing-the-tensor/
bobdylan
I got my count to five in the last batch from Montreal Assembly and I'm absolutely loving it for guitar. Kind of reignited my love for guitar after spending 5 months delving into eurorack for the first time. I was hoping it wouldn't degrade the samples as heavily for other audio but I guess considering the crazy stuff it's doing it makes sense.

In conjunction with the Infinite Jets it's a match made in heaven.
Antlerface
Been running the Easel through CT5. What a stellar piece of kit. I have one on my guitar board; and I'm definitely going to buy another when they're released again, which should be "who knows when" based on previous Montreal Assembly releases.

On the topic of 856: when it worked predictably that was an awesome pedal. So 80% of the time I liked what I got out of it. The interface was so abysmally terrible and counterintuitive that I got rid of it after six months or so. The new layout looks better, I hope to try it again in the future.
Shrigg
I picked up a CT5 here at muffs and it's been a fun exercise in chaos. Only tried it with bass guitar thus far but can certainly see the potential, now to tame the beast... cool!
notjoesuthers
Anybody else excited for their take on the PLL?
paranoidmoonduck
it's really interesting to see how the ideas in the CT5 have become increasingly common in eurorack stuff. the new mannequins module w/ is especially similar (using CV instead of any knobs).
MindMachine
paranoidmoonduck wrote:
it's really interesting to see how the ideas in the CT5 have become increasingly common in eurorack stuff. the new mannequins module w/ is especially similar (using CV instead of any knobs).

Funny. I just tonight added a second Malekko SND/RTN module and plugged in my CT-5 into the old Euro modular. Sweet. Still a lot more immediate control than the W/ (which I will likely score).

There are a lot of similar Euro modules to the Particle too, but I bought a second Particle to make sure I could use one in patches if I desire. Seems more immediate than what I have seen with modules (the 2HP Freeze rocks though).
paranoidmoonduck
MindMachine wrote:
paranoidmoonduck wrote:

Funny. I just tonight added a second Malekko SND/RTN module and plugged in my CT-5 into the old Euro modular. Sweet. Still a lot more immediate control than the W/ (which I will likely score).

There are a lot of similar Euro modules to the Particle too, but I bought a second Particle to make sure I could use one in patches if I desire. Seems more immediate than what I have seen with modules (the 2HP Freeze rocks though).

I still like the flexibility of desktop units, but if you're solely working within a single eurorack case and have adapted to use CV as the sole control of your system, stuff like the Morphagene and /w make more sense.

it's definitely interesting to see the cross pollination between guitar pedals and eurorack modules these days though.
JohnLRice
paranoidmoonduck wrote:
it's definitely interesting to see the cross pollination between guitar pedals and eurorack modules these days though.
Smart pedal makers should start adding some 3.5mm jacks to their pedals in addition to the existing 1/4" ones? At least for the audio inputs and outputs that have the needed voltage and impedance handling for eurorack but . . . maybe also one or more for CVing of parameters?
popvulture
Dwarfcraft is already doing this, always cool to see. I agree the moar the better.
paranoidmoonduck
Would love to see more of that, for sure. Less worried about 3.5mm jacks, since 1/4" to 1/8" cables aren't impossible to find, but would love to see pedals that can work flawlessly with Eurorack voltages.
Homepage Englisch
Just got mine, played it today for the first time. Wow. We "clicked" immediately! It inspires me to make music. Delay, looper, sampler, harmonizer, octaver, arpeggiator; if necessary also a tremolo, chorus, reverb, it goes even into a ring modulator territory!

Funny thing, I'm usually quite sloppy guitar player. However, with this thing, just following the pedal's pulse, I recorded a lengthy session of fast paced licks, no mistakes, no oscillations in tempo. Must be that mental flow thing.
smetak
I ended up getting Red Panda's Tensor and must say using it way more than the Ct5 - much easier to control and use. And the looping capability is better; also, getting a kick out of the "Random knob" - a very impressive pedal, which seems to emulate and improve some of the features on the Ct5.
MindMachine
^ The Tensor does look incredible. More straightforward. You should start a thread to convince me. Mr. Green

I've been using the CT-5 on a SND/RTN for my Euro modular and it is working out really well. Using it to catch certain phrases to play over, etc. Really nice for the way I work (live/improvised).

Tonight it gets bad harmonica.
smetak
MindMachine wrote:
^ The Tensor does look incredible. More straightforward. You should start a thread to convince me. Mr. Green

I've been using the CT-5 on a SND/RTN for my Euro modular and it is working out really well. Using it to catch certain phrases to play over, etc. Really nice for the way I work (live/improvised).

Ah, you should definitively give the Tensor a try - I found it more manageable, especially with the looping - a bit over 4 seconds of looping, but you can really zero in on the phrase. And found it easier to speed up and slow down the delay time. A beast less wild than the Ct5, but a very exciting pedal!

Quite frankly, Red Panda is becoming my favorite pedal brand - this is their third pedal that I buy and like all of them immensely.
Jaypee
this pedal seems great but hard to get...what are the alternatives?
Even in VST/M4L etc...
Cowabunga-man
Jaypee wrote:
Even in VST/M4L etc...

Sign up for the newsletter on the montreal assembly website. There seems to be something coming pretty soon:

"... We have finished producing a run and they are going through testing now."
Jaypee
Cowabunga-man wrote:
Jaypee wrote:
Even in VST/M4L etc...

Sign up for the newsletter on the montreal assembly website. There seems to be something coming pretty soon:

"... We have finished producing a run and they are going through testing now."

Thank you! just did it!

It's peanut butter jelly time!
MindMachine
smetak wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Ah, you should definitively give the Tensor a try - I found it more manageable, especially with the looping - a bit over 4 seconds of looping, but you can really zero in on the phrase. And found it easier to speed up and slow down the delay time. A beast less wild than the Ct5, but a very exciting pedal!

Quite frankly, Red Panda is becoming my favorite pedal brand - this is their third pedal that I buy and like all of them immensely.

Tensor is at the top of the list. I have two Particles and use them all of the time, so I know what you mean.

My CT-5 will remain plugged, whether voice, bass, CR-78, Euro modular or Yamaha Reface YC/CP...

I need to try it with a cassette loop next. I have several cassette machines and cd players into their own sub mixer(s) that need more mojo. Surprised I just considered this.

Fun. Boat
smetak
For anyone out there on the lookout for a Ct5 and a 856 - just received this:

http://mtlasm.tictail.com/
dkcg
Picked up my second one. I wish I jumped on a blem, but you’re snooze you lose. Should be fun!
MindMachine
That 856 is too heavy for my addled mind. It gives me Fripp nightmares.

dkcg wrote:
Picked up my second one. I wish I jumped on a blem, but you’re snooze you lose. Should be fun!

So left and right channel? Stereo CT5?
dkcg
MindMachine wrote:
That 856 is too heavy for my addled mind. It gives me Fripp nightmares.

dkcg wrote:

So left and right channel? Stereo CT5?

Definitely. I’ll try serial too...with some other oddities like infinite jets and ottobit. Rockin' Banana!
dkcg
Still waiting for it to ship two weeks after ordering...

Might be the last time I order from them.
notmiserlouagain
dkcg wrote:
Still waiting for it to ship two weeks after ordering...

Mine shipped pretty fast, but was caught up nearly two weeks in german customs. I don´t think you have to worry about it.
dkcg wrote:
Might be the last time I order from them.

Or might be not. hihi
Weren´t there rumours somewhere about ct5 eurorack?
I have pondered repaneling the ct5. with 3 of its pots cv´able
that might be nice, but will definitly first try it stock Guinness ftw!
dkcg
The first one I bought was quick.

I got in touch with Scott, he said he would look into it as there aren't any updates. Looks like a shipment was entered into the computer, but hasn't actually been sent.

He said he would look into it and get back to me yesterday. Hasn't yet, and hasn't responded to email I sent asking for an update yesterday.

I'm not worried, but annoyed that it might have never actually been sent for the last two weeks. Maybe another case of personal life of a small pedal manufacturer getting in the way of customer service.

I definitely won't be buying another one, at least not from them.

Thinking about getting a refund as I'm starting to get a bitter taste in my mouth.
dkcg
Seems the bitter taste is either from Canada Post or the USPS, a whole batch that he sent out has gone MIA after the Canada Post picked it up. I wouldn't doubt if the current political state of the US-Canada relations has something to do with it. So...hopefully one day I'll get it. The future is uncertain eh? d'oh!
notmiserlouagain
Wow, shitsandwich...

Someone somewhere is probably putting a lot of ct5s in series very frustrating

Hope it will resolve for you and soon!

Today I spent three ( Dead Banana ) hours at the customs building, to receive mine after they had it on hold for eleven( Sniper ) days. Shipping from Canada to Germany was three days ( d'oh! ).
But two hours from now, I´ll light one up and spent the night jammin´
MindMachine
dkcg wrote:
The first one I bought was quick.

I got in touch with Scott, he said he would look into it as there aren't any updates. Looks like a shipment was entered into the computer, but hasn't actually been sent.

He said he would look into it and get back to me yesterday. Hasn't yet, and hasn't responded to email I sent asking for an update yesterday.

I'm not worried, but annoyed that it might have never actually been sent for the last two weeks. Maybe another case of personal life of a small pedal manufacturer getting in the way of customer service.

I definitely won't be buying another one, at least not from them.

Thinking about getting a refund as I'm starting to get a bitter taste in my mouth.

I'll tell you...

I am a Purchasing Agent and I get worse status and treatment from well established corporations. With my purchasing power I can move around, but the fact remains everywhere.

These small manufacturers are typically better than the big ones.

Ymv. I support dkcg.
Pase
After more than 3 years ago I started this thread and now finally I got one! Guinness ftw!
smetak
Pase wrote:
After more than 3 years ago I started this thread and now finally I got one! Guinness ftw!

Ahahaha! So, you're to blame!

It was from this thread, when it started, that I first caught sight of this gizmo and totally flipped! And still flipping!

One of the weirdest pedals I ever bought.
JonnyAngle
I'll vouch for Scott that he is a stand up guy. He does have a "real job" but he does his best to respond to emails in a timely manner.

@dkcg any update on the shipping?
dkcg
JonnyAngle wrote:
I'll vouch for Scott that he is a stand up guy. He does have a "real job" but he does his best to respond to emails in a timely manner.

@dkcg any update on the shipping?

Scott made it all right, shipped out another one. I got that one last week, only took a few days. He was quick about answering emails considering he was out of town for about a week during the fiasco. smile

Hopefully Canada Post finds his shipment and he gets the ones that got lost back.
MindMachine
^ So how goes the ole left and right CT5? Does it give you vertigo?

I have mine currently patched into my Euro modular with a Malekko SND/RTN split through a Boss Tera Echo. Shimmery cascading madness.
dkcg
MindMachine wrote:
^ So how goes the ole left and right CT5? Does it give you vertigo?

I have mine currently patched into my Euro modular with a Malekko SND/RTN split through a Boss Tera Echo. Shimmery cascading madness.

I decided it wasn't too practical trying to use two as a stereo effect and instead put it in series with effects between them for now. I'll revisit the stereo plan when I got some more time.

Signal path of the "time shredder" rack:
Moog 104m->Ethos TWE-1 overdrive->MF102 phaser->CT5->Infinite Jets->Echo Dream Sequence->Gurus Echosex2->CT5->NeoVentlator (leslie sim)

The MF104m and Dream sequence are synced via a Disaster Areas clock pedal.

Still wiring up the pedal switcher. I'm hoping to put together something I can input a mono signal and get something to really mess with time (resampling, echoes, etc).

Haven't had a lot of time to play with them together, hopefully my idea won't sound too shitty and end up with some cool glitchy stuff.
MindMachine
Just scored a Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water. The first thing I envision is splitting the CT5 into a Lo Fi Junky left and the FCSW right. Double warble in 'stereo'.

I might add an EH Nano 360 Looper in one out channel t catch what the CT5 is looping. I have not looped a looper before.
Scories
MindMachine wrote:
Just scored a Fairfield Circuitry Shallow Water. The first thing I envision is splitting the CT5 into a Lo Fi Junky left and the FCSW right. Double warble in 'stereo'.

I might add an EH Nano 360 Looper in one out channel t catch what the CT5 is looping. I have not looped a looper before.

CT5 + SW + RP Particle is currently my pedal setup.

Why don't you just send the mono out of your SW to the ResEQ IN then use the COMB OUT +/- for pseudo-stereophony?
MindMachine
Scories wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

Why don't you just send the mono out of your SW to the ResEQ IN then use the COMB OUT +/- for pseudo-stereophony?

You're a step ahead of me! I need to utilize my Serge more for outboard action. I purchased a second Particle because I use it so much and I wanted to try stereo Particle. It works!

I just purchased my third Malekko SND/RTN euro module for pedal integration and man that is opening things up in modular.

Finding the time to experiment is the hard part. I often write up block diagrams at work of ideas to patch. They mostly work out.

Boat
srogers
MindMachine wrote:
I purchased a second Particle because I use it so much and I wanted to try stereo Particle. It works!

FYI there is a stereo particle coming out hopefully in the near future!
MindMachine
Scories wrote:
MindMachine wrote:

My FCSW was DOA. Unwilling to pay to return it to Canada for a repair on a brand new pedal, so returned it to the seller for less of a loss.

Using my CT5 via the Malekko SND/RTN modules w/ Particle, Echoshifter and Obscura (three SND/RTN's) mixed with 2HP Freeze module.

The SND/RTN modules justify all of these pedals, since my bass playing doesn't.
smetak
For those interested,

In stock:

http://mtlasm.tictail.com/product/856-for-zellersasn
Scories
About the 856 Zellersasn : Is it possible to do live overdubs and reverse loops like on the CT5?
lud
smetak wrote:
For those interested,

In stock:

Haha always too late. Haven't got a grasp of the 856 abilities yet but it looks dope as hell and I desire it
Summa
lud wrote:
smetak wrote:
For those interested,

In stock:

Haha always too late. Haven't got a grasp of the 856 abilities yet but it looks dope as hell and I desire it

I scored one! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
unexpectedbowtie
Curious how folks who got an 856 like it. I have a CT5 which is awesome, but no matter what I did with the 856 I couldn't gel with it at all. I eventually sold it on.
Struggle
Ct5 seems to be in stock and I just ordered one. However, there are still people selling them for up to $800 in Reverb..am I missing something?
unexpectedbowtie
Struggle wrote:
Ct5 seems to be in stock and I just ordered one. However, there are still people selling them for up to $800 in Reverb..am I missing something?

They only went back in stock last night/this morning, so many folk won't have noticed/realised. I can't see any for 800USD though. Got a link?
Struggle
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Struggle wrote:

They only went back in stock last night/this morning, so many folk won't have noticed/realised. I can't see any for 800USD though. Got a link?

Oh wow, I guess my timing was good for once!

Get it while you can for only $800!!!
unexpectedbowtie
Holy moly.
smetak
This is a one-man gig and stocks vary wildly.

If you want one, really have to keep your eye on the ball - there might be a bit of a wait, but not that long - I, for one, live in the middle of the jungle, and was able to fetch a Ct5 a few years ago.

An interesting effect, but, frankly, nobody in his right mind would pay US$800 - an outrageous amount for a Ct5.
MindMachine
He just announced more are available two days ago.
anomie
It's heartening to see how quickly each batch sells out - it's great that there's a small manufacturer making money out of this - and a little depressing to see how many then end up on ebay or Reverb straight afterwards for multiples of the original price.

The crazy thing is that if it wasn't for the resellers and gougers, it's not that difficult to get one - follow Scott on Instagram, sign up to his mailing list, and be quick when he releases a new batch.
Scories
Let's interpretate these insane prices as some kind of an hommage to the great craftmanship of Scott @ Mtl Assembly. wink
MindMachine
anomie wrote:
It's heartening to see how quickly each batch sells out - it's great that there's a small manufacturer making money out of this - and a little depressing to see how many then end up on ebay or Reverb straight afterwards for multiples of the original price.

The crazy thing is that if it wasn't for the resellers and gougers, it's not that difficult to get one - follow Scott on Instagram, sign up to his mailing list, and be quick when he releases a new batch.

Same reason I've given up on a Cooper generation Loss.

Predatory capitalism hits the niche markets.
thetwlo
MindMachine wrote:

yeah, stopped paying attention/lost interest a while ago. due to this.
MrBiggs
MindMachine wrote:

You see the Chase Bliss Dark World? Half of it's based on the Cooper. A bunch of em on Reverb for $349. There's a few Generation Loss pedals on Reverb currently for $500 right now too. More than I'd pay but not $800 anyways.
wminor
They seem to be in stock a bit more reliably now. I just ordered one applause

https://mtlasm.com/product/count-to-5/
Prunesquallor
wminor wrote:
They seem to be in stock a bit more reliably now. I just ordered one applause

https://mtlasm.com/product/count-to-5/

Thanks, dude. I just scored one as well. thumbs up
dkcg
anomie wrote:

I doubt they're selling that quickly on reverb, especially the ones that are ridiculous prices. I think anyone who really wants one, finds out soon enough that he makes batches of these on a pretty regular basis, seems like 3-4 times a year, I have two and have never waited more than a couple months. The second one I bought lasted a couple weeks before he sold out.
Granny
ordered one which got shipped today. i hope it arrives in germany before xmas Eric Cartman
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 15