MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

help - electrically speaking
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author help - electrically speaking
criticalmonkey
so i magic smoked another toy in my quest to convert my euro rack's 12v down to 9v - really a toy(smoking them is more fun then actually using the volt meter - actually i don't fully trust my meter abilities either)

can somebody please draw/write/link me an idiots guide to reducing 12v to 9v using a regulator (7809)- i'm fairly certain i'm just backwards on my wiring or ...
for some reason i've always been electrically challenged seriously, i just don't get it
and i can't find anything i believe - i found one that said just throw in some resistors and that just seemed wrong
this one is the only one that seems right to my understanding
http://www.aaroncake.net/circuits/cdsupply.asp

i keep finding little cool things to build that are all 9v designed that i'd like to make euro modular useful - i hate having a bunch of boxes around
Luka
do you have a multimeter?
criticalmonkey
yep
criticalmonkey
I found a copy of the circuit in some old class notes - Nicholas Collins guest lectured during my time at mills
also in his book - handmade electronic music - useful resource

my brain is like a sieve d'oh!
criticalmonkey
i will gladly accept further input still -
Luka
just check the datasheet for the 7809 you have to work out the pins
feed +12v into the input pin, send ground to the com pin
then measure the voltage on the output pin to make sure it is 9v before you hook it up to anything
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1