MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fuck YEAH - Wiard
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Fuck YEAH - Wiard

Nelson Baboon

Just sayin'

kuxaan-sum

applause

dogoftears

w00t

Muff Wiggler

d'oh!

Muff Wiggler

(welcome back)

w00t

Matos

Hey brother. Welcome back.

rico loverde

Welcome back Nelson? Did you get a 300 system?

John Noble

It turns out we can all just get along. This is fun!

Muff Wiggler

lol, no. not ALL of us.

wyrtti

Wheee! Wiard 300 in baboon land!

m0rb1d

applause applause applause

numan7

wyrtti wrote:
Wheee! Wiard 300 in baboon land!

w00t welcome back in general + welcome to Wiard subforum, NB!

cheers

Nelson Baboon

yeah. this winter's bonus sonic drama has been a Wiard 300 system. To help afford it ($wise and spacewise) i sold much of the euro system, but have retained a core case of control modules, including the ciat lonbarde stuff (I'll never remember his new company name for these modules).

Just wonderful stuff. looks great too.

I willed myself back with wiard sound.

slow_riot

I was thinking about your challenge regarding the validity my statement of sound starting from sines. This isn't mathematically true either, actually. Only repetitive waveforms can be reduced into sine waves. So, sinewaves are only universal within a specific subsection of sonic and other energy transmissions (albeit that subsection is really quite large).

numan7

hyper fourier transformation has been proven (long, long ago) to work just as well for aperiodic functions (of time or whatever) as it does for periodic functions (provided they are piecewise differentiable, which is true for all but the most pathological and deviant of functions), slow riot... although the form it takes in that case is an integral rather than a sum.

cheers

flo

slow_riot wrote:
Only repetitive waveforms can be reduced into sine waves.

No. hihi

Edit: beat me to it mate thumbs up

Nelson Baboon

slow_riot wrote:
I was thinking about your challenge regarding the validity my statement of sound starting from sines. This isn't mathematically true either, actually. Only repetitive waveforms can be reduced into sine waves. So, sinewaves are only universal within a specific subsection of sonic and other energy transmissions (albeit that subsection is really quite large).

hah - don't want to go off topic here, but that's an interesting point. Though at any given moment, the sound can be reduced into sine waves, but can't be said to over time?

one day I'll have to work through the math.

Nelson Baboon

my new joystick controller arrived yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to play with it last night. Quite striking in appearance, it is indeed.

The color is lighter than my other modules though.

Current system:
one of each module including an omni filter and wavecity. Duplicates of the classic vco, envelator, and mixolator. I even have a chaquo, made by metalbox in this format, but I don't have a place for it yet...

it resides between a small euro system with a bunch of mostly control modules - the ciat lonbarde stuff, 2 of the verbos multistages, and a turing machine, most notably...and then on the other side, the Fenix. Cary strongly recommended a Hinton modmix to use with the Wiard, and I used some remaining $ to order one of those to add to the euro side....(would be curious to hear of any experiences with this. He sells only directly at this point)

I no longer lust for modular stuff. This is really just magnificent.

plord

Welcome to the club!

Nelson Baboon

I will have to take some time and read through the various threads here....

the wiard is a very recent development (within the last couple of weeks or so).

Now....I have to gain admission to the Secret Wiard society. Who is in charge of that?

valis

Welcome!

This muff 2.0 is full of surprises.

slow_riot

Nelson Baboon wrote:

I no longer lust for modular stuff. This is really just magnificent.

That's one important thing about a system with such a defined personality, that a mish mash of euro modules does not provide. An instrument in the traditional sense.

About Hinton, I would also highly recommend his work as a complement to the Wiard. Hinton is very much orientated around bread and butter infrastructure modules, which happens to be one area where the 300 system can fall short, for example the Borg filter modules just have a single audio input without attenuation, and 2 control inputs, 1 without attenuation. The ModMix is the most versatile "glue" module ever made. Check the patch cheat sheet for the module on his website.

If you have space, a SwitchMix with Trimmers changed my life. His power supply is the only one on the market that is suitable for a high quality analogue system.

Nelson Baboon

yeah - I've been looking at that switchmix for years.....

slow_riot

Don't skimp on the trimmers, you can make very elaborate gestural systems by mixing CVs.

Graham is fantastic to work with. Mine is wired such that every input on the trimmer is normalised to the input below it. This means I can allow 1 CV to flow into the trimmer below, where I can set a different level of it going into the SwitchMix, or invert it. I can also just patch straight into the SwitchMix and use a single Trimmer for just a straight independent level control.

This really makes the Wogglebug into a VERY eleborate signal generator. Adding say 0-3V of Smooth or Stepped, as well as some other envelopes or LFO sources to make up you 0-10V control voltage, with these fractions also influencing other aspects of the system, positively or negatively.

Very intricate way of using a modular.

Nelson Baboon

trying to articulate some of the things that I like about the Wiard. Some of it seems almost paradoxical to me, which can happen if you don't really analyze things completely...

the sound is very detailed. this is not like some vintage synths where you get this warm glow, but the sonic detail is lacking.

On the other hand, there is a lack of precision in some respects. Leakage, lack of the almost clinical modulation of the Serge etc.

so, it seems to have this constant (from the beginning of a patch design or improvisation) sensual sound quality, sonic detail, but somewhat unpredictable results from modulation, etc.

God, I love it.

edit - which can lead to counterproductivity - I get mesmerized by very basic patches.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Wiard Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2