MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH) OSC Sync PCB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Two Thousand Six Hundred (TTSH) OSC Sync PCB

Altitude909

Branched from the V2 Build thread. Board design based on Sduck's, Fuzzbass's, and Nordcore's work. The device can be configured by jumpers a variety of ways so please read through the thread

Relevant info starts here: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130493&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=75

Please refrain from "x boards for me" posts, You can order them below.

The board from OSHpark is $8.25 shipped (anywhere) for 3

ORDER HERE for the REV1 Board

BOM

You need to register first (just email/password)

Note about the FETs: The pinout is "DSG" looking at the front of the part which is the same as a J201 or Fairchild 2n5459

also, VERY IMPORTANT: The extra power headers on the V2 boards are NOT all wired the same.

i.e.:

pins at S/H section are +/0/-
pins at noise -/0/+

So measure first!

I did a second revision of the board adding DIL headers for the power and outputs allowing for the board to simply plug in to one of the headers on the TTSH mainboard by using a female header on the bottom of the sync board and a row of grounded pins for the outs if you care to use shielded cables. Functionality is the same

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/wLEQDzRp

The wiring (thanks to sduck)

elmegil

If this includes an interest check, I'd like three. smile

LED-man

please 10 for me.

papaZooZoo

Two for me plz

loydb

1 here thx

ultravox

I'd like to hear how the sync sounds in the V1 TTSH. Any audio clips out there?

mOBiTh

Where do the switches go?

Altitude909

mOBiTh wrote:

Panel mounted. The footprints are for 0.1" spaced switches so you could technically panel mount the whole thing but that would make for some long leads and I am not sure how practical that would be..

yan6

I'm in for one!

LED-man

mOBiTh wrote:

i prefer slider switches, not toggle switches

i want the option sync option:
||OFF| 1+2 || and ||OFF|| 2+3||

or one switch:

|| OFF| 1+2 | ALL ||

like this

Altitude909

@LED-man

That's actually a third permutation now that I think about it, so depending on how you wire that circuit you can go: (someone correct me if I am wrong)

1 syncs 2, 2 syncs 3, or 1 syncs 2 which syncs 3 (the two circuits in series)

1 syncs 3, 2 syncs 3, or 1 and 2 syncs 3 (the two circuits in parallel with 2 inputs, one output)

1 syncs 2, 1 syncs 3, or 1 syncs 2 and 3 (the two circuits in parallel with 1 inputs, 2 outputs)

Sliders would be great but that would take some precise work on a vertical mill as not to tear up the front panel

maurice

Ok, count me in, I guess I will have the three VCOs working by then. For the moment I suffer from poor SMD skills but it should be fine
I need two boards to sync the 3 VCOs, right ?

Altitude909

maurice wrote:
Ok, count me in, I guess I will have the three VCOs working by then. For the moment I suffer from poor SMD skills but it should be fine
I need two boards to sync the 3 VCOs, right ?

No. One board

sduck

Cool! I'll take 10 I guess - Be Prepared and all that.

On page 116 of the ver 1 build thread you can see where I installed the switches on 2 of these so far.

I'll see if I can work up some kind of video of this mod; and maybe the EG mod.

phildao

I'll take one also !
thanks

ultravox

Thanks sduck, the video doesn't have to be fancy. Just wanna hear what it sounds like before I hack the panel. hihi

MrRoper

In for one please!!!

thresholdpeople

I'm in!

But I'm a bit confused how one PCB can allow all three VCOs to sync.

Wouldn't it need a third VCO reference section and a more complicated switch routing logic?

Also - I've got a version one of the TTSH, well the prototype. Is anything about version two's powering radically different that this wouldn't be a simple install?

For what it's worth, I've got Nordcore's voltage regulation PCB.

delayed

any idea of the pcb cost?

Cablebasher

In for one for my V.1 build (ongoing, forever ongoing...)

maurice

what confuses me is apparently someone has 10 ttsh at home eek! eek!

Altitude909

thresholdpeople wrote:
I'm in!

But I'm a bit confused how one PCB can allow all three VCOs to sync.

Wouldn't it need a third VCO reference section and a more complicated switch routing logic?

Also - I've got a version one of the TTSH, well the prototype. Is anything about version two's powering radically different that this wouldn't be a simple install?

For what it's worth, I've got Nordcore's voltage regulation PCB.

The basic structure is the same for Rev 1 and 2.

To sync all tree VCOs, one serves as a reference, and the other two are the targets so one board.

fuzzbass

I will take 6 please. The Future my boy! The Future!

ultravox wrote:

Night Life by The Cars. Thats how is sounds with one synced VCO. Then you add the second synced VCO and you have something unique. You have the option to do that with one board. Or, you can configure two reference VCOs, and sync a single VCO to them. I don't know what that sounds like, or even if you would want to do that, but you can. I have never heard of that being an option on any synth before.

mOBiTh wrote:

See page 5 of the V2 build thread to see what switches I used and how I installed them. You can fit them onto the panel above the VCOs if you have the standard metal case. If you have a wood case, it comes down to how you mounted the panel. In my case it worked out.

LED-man wrote:
i prefer slider switches, not toggle switches

This is the type of aesthetic thing I spend too much time thinking about. I would prefer them too, and I even bought some to evaluate. In the end I discounted the idea because a. concerns about running the switch wires in the space between the panel and PCB, and possible crosstalk from that, b. I doubt my abilities to bore attractive looking rectangular holes in the steel panel, and c. slide switches would still have to be anchored with machine screws to the panel, so they would still look different than the rest of the slide switches. But hey, I will applaud you if you succeed!

ultravox

fuzzbass wrote:

ultravox wrote:

Night Life by The Cars.

I remember that song - nice! Rockin' Banana!

Ok, put me down for 1 board. I'm guessing that's all I'll need for one TTSH.

LED-man

@fuzzbass:

I prefer the switches with rg174 cable and drill holes in the pcb for cables.
the switch is inside mounted of the panel, so no problem by deassembling.
the worst part is to create the switch holes.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9