MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Swoop module comparisons
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Swoop module comparisons
adammokan
Can anyone with a Swoop eurorack module give me a comparison to other slope generators?

I currently own a Maths v1, Function, and a Tides but I still find myself looking at the Swoop because I think the trigger up/down is something I can't really replicate (I guess I could get close with Maths channels 1 & 4).

Trying to avoid an impulse buy. Talk me out of it smile
bartlebooth
i won't talk you out of it but i will say if you're thinking about buying one you should really think about getting two wink

one swoop alone is a nice module but things get a lot more interesting when you can chain multiple negative and positive swoops together in different configurations, then modulate their bounds separately change their operating ranges,etc. very weird CVs can be generated this way. swoop is also an excellent audio processor so running one swoop into another is alot of fun too. i have a maths and have used serge slopes for years - swoop operates in the same territory but its a unique implementation and so has its own sound, tricks,etc. i'm thinking about getting a third now
adammokan
bartlebooth wrote:
i won't talk you out of it but i will say if you're thinking about buying one you should really think about getting two wink

one swoop alone is a nice module but things get a lot more interesting when you can chain multiple negative and positive swoops together in different configurations, then modulate their bounds separately change their operating ranges,etc. very weird CVs can be generated this way. swoop is also an excellent audio processor so running one swoop into another is alot of fun too. i have a maths and have used serge slopes for years - swoop operates in the same territory but its a unique implementation and so has its own sound, tricks,etc. i'm thinking about getting a third now

Damn you. I was thinking about a swoop and denum to go along with the rest of my stuff.
diasporos
I have two an confirm the joy of cross patching. Add a Denum, you are better off. Add the Fourses -now we are talking!!!
adammokan
Two Swoops and a Denum are on their way.
bartlebooth
adammokan wrote:

cool, let us know what you think once you've tried them out.
knifey
Damn this thread! very frustrating

Have the Fourses and Dunst, seriously thinking of getting the other 3 for a complete system.
bisquick
bartlebooth wrote:
adammokan wrote:

the silence is deafening
adammokan
bisquick wrote:
bartlebooth wrote:
adammokan wrote:

the silence is deafening

Ha. I'm terrible.

Honestly, the IFM stuff is all I really use with eurorack anymore. Most of my other euro modules sit around. I have all of the IFM modules other than the Mocante (but I have a Mr Grassi).

I cannot recommend them enough if you are into the Peter way of the world.

I know that isn't saying a whole lot more than what you have likely read - but they are all solid and work so well together.
bisquick
What about the self-destruction warning on the modules, regarding the power cable? Total bs? I'd imagine it could be a joke on his part, but I'd absolutely expect him to put current-limiting diodes in his modules for safety if he's charging as much as he does.
wednesdayayay
I made something with the shnth that I absolutely love and would really like to replicate it with his eurorack line (I have no eurorack audio at this point)

I have to look at the code again but I believe 4 denum and 4 swoop would get me started then eventually I would need some buttons but I may be able to repurpose the meng qi voltage memory for that not sure yet
dorkmorph
bisquick wrote:
What about the self-destruction warning on the modules, regarding the power cable? Total bs? I'd imagine it could be a joke on his part, but I'd absolutely expect him to put current-limiting diodes in his modules for safety if he's charging as much as he does.

1 hundred percent a true warrning. Smoking and melting in mere seconds. Check double check and triple check before you plug it in.
bisquick
I seriously don't understand why he can't put the proper limiting hardware in the circuit. Can someone please explain this to me?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1