MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Noise Engineering - Coming 2015
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Noise Engineering - Coming 2015
tsunamisucks
http://www.noiseengineering.us

Quote:
Variatic Erumption
Variatic Erumption is a 10HP dual gate burst generator with a 1v/8va LFO.

Sinc Iter
Sinc Iter is a 4HP VCO with adjustible waveform, two digital noise sources, 23 octave range, sync, phase modulation and built in 12-tet quantizer.

Tonnetz Sequent
Tonnetz Sequent is an 8HP gate driven pitch sequencer based off of neo-Riemanian music theory. Gates drive musical transforms in the dihedral group on triads.

Numeric Repetitor
Numeric Repetitor is an 8HP rhythm generator based using binary arithmetic to produce rhythmic variation.

Variatic Sequent
Variatic Sequent is a simple minimal gate sequencer in 6HP.

Adigo Metric
Adigo Metric is an 8HP voltage meter for Eurorack with front panel access to the CV and gate buses. Great for debugging power problems.

Horologic Solum
Horologic Solum is a 4HP master clock with built in divider that is behind panel chainable to additional Horologic Solums for more division.

Mimetic Sequent
Mimetic Sequent is 6HP a randomized pitch sequencer that allows analog control over the amount of randomization of multiple different (switchable) pitch patterns.

Loquelic Iteritas
Loquelic Iteritas is a 10HP digital dual oscillator including three separate synthesis algorithms: VOSIM, Summation Synthesis, Phase Modulation with adjustible waveform and a wave folder.

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
PolarIceCaves
That's a lot to wrap your head around! woah
albiedamned
Most pretentious, annoying names in Eurorack.
DSC
Funny and unusual at first is starting to get kinda old and irritating now.
wbuttler
I share the reservations about the names, but the three modules I have are excellent, and a bit out of the ordinary. I'll be looking hard at these when they arrive.
SunSpots
*drool* burst generator mixed with kick drum triggers... yummy
turin horsey
complaining about naming on a forum called muffwiggler, yeeeshh... anyway, really looking forward to the tuned burst generator and the neo-Riemanian sequencer
tsunamisucks
names, really..? Drunken Homer Simpson

this neo-Riemanian sequencer, also Numeric Repetitor - no brainers!
artisokka
Mimtic sequent = drool! Horrible names though.
Cata
I want all of these d'oh!
djthopa
DSC wrote:
Funny and unusual at first is starting to get kinda old and irritating now.

Chill, its only modules w00t
limpmeat
Definitely one of the most exciting Eurorack manufacturers. I'm super excited for these.
jameswalk
Interesting, feature packed and reasonable hp. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more information.
neil.johnson
I got half-way down the product when all of a sudden...
Quote:
The Mullet

Small active multiplexer

The Mullet - Stylish - from English, a popular hair cut

Four input, eight output active multiple with circular normaling in 4HP.

Some things never go out of style.

OMG...

ipassenger
These look excellent.
far
neil.johnson wrote:
I got half-way down the product when all of a sudden...
Quote:
The Mullet

Small active multiplexer

The Mullet - Stylish - from English, a popular hair cut

Four input, eight output active multiple with circular normaling in 4HP.

Some things never go out of style.

OMG...

yeah, not really into the names either but it wouldn't sway my opinion one way or the other about purchasing.

But seeing the Mullet scrolling through made me laugh.

The trigger burst one (whatever it's called) looks well interesting.
blaerg
I like the weird names, and the small HP / function discreteness of each.

Gate sequencer sounds like a really good thing to obtain...
ezehagar
When I play my synths I really don't look at their names, I'm actually listening to the sound its producing. If a module functions are what I'm looking for, I couldn't care what name the maker gives it! you kids get off my lawn
maudibe
Landed a Zularic Repetitor the other day and very happy with it. No problem with the name. Makes sense.

Must say, some of the more way out ones make you wonder though meh
erstlaub
Wow. Sinc Iter looks like the absolute ticket in terms of flexible, tiny modules. Will be interested to see what price it comes in at
pfaffenberg
Names are fun and creative.

Have the ZR and love the thing.

Now I want to collect em all!
joey
curious about the Loquelic Iteritas... would definitely like to see more video / audio!
orangehexagon
albiedamned wrote:
Most pretentious, annoying names in Eurorack.

...and modular synthesizers in themselves are pretentious and annoying to the general public. Who cares. w00t
dysonant
Names are important. I suspect that most peoples annoyances with these is they are hard to remember and pronounce. While it is true that the name in no way effects the function a name does help you refer to something. These names, while difficult to recall, pronounce and type are really no worse than E350 or A-137. I would go so far as to say they at least have context and thought behind them, rather than a simple model number. Phonogene or Dual Prismatic Oscillator are equally complicated. I suspect, in a very short period of time people will refer to the Basimiuls Iteritas simply as the BI.

It's not like the designer had access to a marketing team to run focus groups to determine what names would be best received by the masses. I think given the variables, these names, however complicated, imply creativity and detailed thought. This alone should indicate the care and quality that went into their design.
Herman
Can't say I'm too bothered by the names but I am most certainly a fan of the Noise Engineering modules I've picked up so far and will almost certainly be picking up at least a couple more of these.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6