MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

H9 vs Individual pedals / Favorite algos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author H9 vs Individual pedals / Favorite algos
mateo
I want to invest in some Eventide, and I'm trying to figure out which way to go. The space is the one I'm most interested in, but for a similar price I could pick up an H9 and the more interesting algos; what have you guys done?

Also, what are the better algos?
thefutureeaters
The H9 maxed out would include all twelve Space algorithms plus all the algorithms from the other three beastly Eventide pedals.

What you do get with the Space that you don't get with the H9 are all those knobs. Sometimes that can be a game changer. That said, I do love to control the H9 remotely from the app.
mckenic
This is pertinent to my interests.
I have decided my budget this year goes to Nord Drum2 & H9 Max thumbs up
GovernorSilver
Tempted to go for an H9 Max myself. The Space with its higher knob count has some appeal for me, but the H9's greater selection of algos suits the role I'd envision for it - as an effector for one or more of my analog synths (all my digital ones have FX).

I'd probably use my current 15% off GC card for the H9 Max soon and later pick up an H9 Core to take advantage of the algo-sharing feature. That would essentially give me two H9 Max's for individual processing of two or more separate analog synths.

I'm also envisioning using iPad apps to modulate the H9(s) via MIDI - probably Lemur tempate(s), or one of the many sequencer apps.
methodius
Darn I just lost my H9 at a gig... Suppose I should get the Max version to make up for it.
Didn't have much algos in the original H9 - also curious to hear about peoples' favorite ones.
Jamesf1
Pick up the individual boxes - can be had for a decent price if you buy used. Also will give more flexibility as with the H9 I believe that you can only run on algorithm at a time.
mckenic
Or pick up a used Core and it becomes a Max (up to 4 devices can be Max) and you get all the algos.
thefutureeaters
Gotta say, after finally MAXing the H9 out, I'm pretty blown away. It's way powerful. The standard version is really cool, but the MAX is incredible. I think Eventide kept a lot of the great algorithms on the "for purchase only" list.

Anyway, I was quickly convinced to get a second H9. Close to a third.

Methodius, I'll write out a few of my favorite algorithms.
thefutureeaters
Some favorite algorithms after MAXing

HarPeggiator
HarModulator
ModFilter
Rotary
Q-Wah
Undulator
MangeldVerb
Reverse Reverb
Blackhole
Mod Delay
Reverse

Instruments mucked about this week w/ H9s:
Tempest Drum Machine
Grendel Grenadier Synth
Metasonix S-2000 Synth
Metasonix Modules
Electric Mandolin
Electric 12 String
Other Electric Gits
Pedals
(I usually strap various stereo tube preamps directly after the H9s. Flamey )
GovernorSilver
Ordered an H9 Max this past weekend. Can't wait to try the algos!

For my live rig, I have my viola going into a mixer mic preamp, then a send going to the effects chain. I'll experiment with putting the H9 in front of the preamp vs. in the send bus.
thefutureeaters
mckenic wrote:
Or pick up a used Core and it becomes a Max (up to 4 devices can be Max) and you get all the algos.

Slight correction... according to Eventide, up to 5 devices.

Though only 3 can be controlled from one bluetooth device at a time. By the fourth device sync, the oldest connection gets bumped.
GovernorSilver
Lots of great algos.

I'm really digging UltraTap and Resonator algos. Just like the other algos these are incredibly versatile. UltraTap can do great faux reverbs as well as some strange sounding delays. Resonator is taking me a bit more time to wrap my head around as it includes delay and reverb as well as the comb filters. Trying to see if I can get some filter resonance without having to include the delay.

The pedal does operate fine without the IOS app, but that app makes a huge difference as far as being able to browse, organize, and edit presets. It has a lot of presets that live only on the app - you have to explicitly save to the pedal if you want to use those without the app.
xclark
I love my H9 and think it's one of the best values out there for FX. recommended!

thefutureeaters wrote:
(I usually strap various stereo tube preamps directly after the H9s. )

I'm curious what stereo tube preamps you're using. care to elaborate?
thefutureeaters
xclark wrote:
I love my H9 and think it's one of the best values out there for FX. recommended!

thefutureeaters wrote:
(I usually strap various stereo tube preamps directly after the H9s. )

I'm curious what stereo tube preamps you're using. care to elaborate?

Hi xclark, I use these:

Shiit Audio Lyr Great for saturation. Doubles as a powerful headphone amp.

Audio Experience Balanced A1. Great for good clean balanced warmth. I think the current model is the A2. Often use it after the Lyr as well.

Once in a while I use this one: Ernestolo

When I want true tube aggro: Metasonix R-57. The R-51 is also really sweet, but it's mono. Going to find a second R-51 because I can't say enough great things about it.

I wish there was a digital out on the H9 as well... then I'd use this modded tube DAC with them: Jolida Tube DAC Great for bringing sterile digital instruments or sounds out of a MAC or PC.
afterosmosis
I had two H9s for a while and ultimately grew frustrated needing an iOS device or computer to have quick access to all parameters on the fly. If I ever wanted to change delay feedback, reverb mix, etc on the fly at a show I was out of luck if it wasn't assigned to one of the few quick access buttons on the unit. Sounded great though...
GovernorSilver
Nice demo with a Microbrute

xclark
thefutureeaters wrote:
Hi xclark, I use these:

thanks, I will check these guys out!
mateo
afterosmosis wrote:
I had two H9s for a while and ultimately grew frustrated needing an iOS device or computer to have quick access to all parameters on the fly. If I ever wanted to change delay feedback, reverb mix, etc on the fly at a show I was out of luck if it wasn't assigned to one of the few quick access buttons on the unit. Sounded great though...

That's one of my concerns; but isn't it possible to control with a midi controller?
thefutureeaters
mateo wrote:
afterosmosis wrote:

That's one of my concerns; but isn't it possible to control with a midi controller?

Yep. Check it out. This person made their own in fact!:
H9 midi controller
GovernorSilver
thefutureeaters wrote:
mateo wrote:
afterosmosis wrote:

H9 midi controller

Dayyum, looks impressive!
GovernorSilver
My first H9 demo. Viola -> H9 -> recorder.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/governorsilver/daramad-3212015[/s]
Zon
GovernorSilver wrote:
My first H9 demo. Viola -> H9 -> recorder.

Sounds great love
GovernorSilver
Thanks!
urbangipsy
Hello. My first post here smile After listening to this demo I just had to register and fall in love with H9 immediately grin After a year or so of searching for a fx pedal I think I have found an ultimate tool. I have an offer 600eur for a H9 Max..what do you say? smile
racooniac
thefutureeaters wrote:
mateo wrote:
afterosmosis wrote:

H9 midi controller

i just saw that this thing is now a product that anyone can buy: https://www.evenmidi.com/ nice =)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1