MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ardcore Sketch: Binary Beats pattern generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author Ardcore Sketch: Binary Beats pattern generator
hangovercat
I've finally created my first sketch for the Ardcore. It's inspired by paperwork's Rotating Pattern Emitter and in fact uses that code as a starting point.

Basically it's another way of getting every possible trigger permutation within a certain number of beats – in this case 8. The inputs A0 and A1 are scaled to 0-255 and then converted to binary, and those binary numbers are used as trigger patterns. So 128 is a trigger on the downbeat (1000 0000) and 255 is triggers on all beats (1111 1111). And because the patterns are created in real time they don't need to be stored in an array.

Next step would be to do something useful with the other two analogue inputs, my first thoughts being pattern length adjust (1-8) or clock divide.

Sketch is here.

hangovercat
Update: I added the length adjust feature. When A2 and A3 are fully clockwise, patterns are 8 beats. Turning them CCW reduces the pattern length (for D0 and D1 respectively) from 7 beats down to 1.

Clock divide may have to wait until I get the Expander because now I'm out of knobs.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1