MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Social Entropy Engine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Social Entropy Engine
talfred
The Engine is a small, handy sequencer

MID In & Out, DIN Sync (master or slave) and exapnsion with 8 pairs of CV and gate on minijacks.
Didn't think I would actually want a TR/TB-style sequencer, but now I do
trainspotter
seems well thought out borrowing ideas from all across classic x0x style up to elektron.
very keen on estimated street price will be.
ablearcher
They have previously stated the base unit would be 650 to 700 usd. As long as the cv expansion is cheap (<200) Im probably sold. Different pattern lengths and time divisions per pattern is crucial, and it would be nice to have a full featured sequencer. Or it could just be like the A4, the tempest, and all the mpcs I've ever owned, discarded in favor of simple live sequencing on the sh-101 and knob sequencers on the modular.
saldiamond
Looks like fun.

Still going to forge ahead with the octatrack/euro combo.
ignatius
Wow. It's really quite elegant how they've set up the interface. The whole thing is right there in the buttons. So fast to use. Nicely done.
rockreid
the only knock against it for me is that they only went with one Midi Out. With my move OTB I need more than one DIN Midi Output. This is frustrating because I like the other specs and layout of this sequencer.
ripe909
We *may* have good news on the second MIDI output.

It is already designed in but not tested, so we don't want advertise it as a current feature.

cheers
ripe
booksy
Of all the new school sequencers dropping this year, I think this is the winner for me, at least for now. It's not super cheap, but looks small, versatile, and powerful.
buzzlegs
Looks great, has this got a clock in/out on it?
talfred
rockreid wrote:
the only knock against it for me is that they only went with one Midi Out. With my move OTB I need more than one DIN Midi Output. This is frustrating because I like the other specs and layout of this sequencer.

Agree. One solution might be to get something like this:

http://www.ericasynths.lv/en/4317-midi_through_box_now_available.html
ignatius
kenton thru-5 works great. i use one w/my octatrack all the time. controls my whole studio.
revtor
a thru box will help the overall situation... but, all the serial MIDI data from every track is still being piped through one port/socket.. Splitting the data into two (or three, four) "pipes" at the processor would be better of course. Hopefully the sync socket can be set up as a separate MIDI out at the processor level!
monads
Looks good. Interested so see the cv expansion in use.
desdinova
This thing looks great! Wish the cv/gate wasn't an optional feature but these days I'd guess a majority of their users will be using it over USB anyway.
JohnLRice
ripe909 wrote:
We *may* have good news on the second MIDI output.

It is already designed in but not tested, so we don't want advertise it as a current feature.

cheers
ripe

Ripe Rawks! thumbs up

rockreid
ok, good news on the 2 Midi Out front... now need to confirm this is two discrete Midi Outs from the processor and not simply two ports sharing the same "pipe". That wouldn't address the whole midi timing issues of cramming too much data into just one midi "pipe".

I am still on the waiting list for a Cirklon but really need to make a final decision on whether to spend the big bucks on that beast or buy the Engine and see if 2 midi outs can handle my growing OTB setup. That could help with my guilt over buying the Avalon Baseline.
ripe909
rockreid wrote:
now need to confirm this is two discrete Midi Outs from the processor

Yes, they are coming from completely separate UARTs on the MCU!

cheers
ripe
rockreid
ok, great. thanks. Is it possible the expansion bay could also be used to expand for perhaps two MORE midi outputs? This would give the Engine the same Midi out count as an old MPC.
ablearcher
Man! Any info on release date? Need a sequencer, trying to decide whether to hold out for this one, that last demo got me psyched.
Paranormal Patroler
Any ETA and price?
ripe909
We are in the midst of production, so hopefully it won't be too long before we can start shipping. There are usually delays, so I can't commit to a firm date, but it will probably be ready in the next couple of months.

We won't be doing pre-order/waitlist, so when the machines are ready, they can be purchased immediately.

For pricing, we are looking to sell between $650-$700 for the base unit.
The CV/Expansion will be an optional extra, but pricing is still TBD.

cheers
ripe
JohnLRice
Hi Ripe,

Did you decide on just one color scheme or are you making the 3 different ones that have been pictured? (I'm partial to the black one myself love ;-)
anal og
hi Ripe! looking fw to get the Engine! looks really complete!

did you think about an eurorack version with extra module for connectors?

if i want to record a pattern sequence from an external sequencer/midi keyboard, does the engine record from usb jack only or can record from the midi input too?
i would like to record the cv/gate signal out from the AS Eurokorn seq. (no memory) in record mode, using a cv/gate to midi convertor module.

really can't wait!! smile
h4ndcrafted
buzzlegs wrote:

This and is it going to be available in Europe on release ?
ripe909
h4ndcrafted wrote:
buzzlegs wrote:

This and is it going to be available in Europe on release ?

We are probably going to go with direct sales worldwide with a fulfillment partner.

For clock, there is DIN sync in or out, which is a 24 ppqn 5V square wave plus a 5v run/stop line. This is of course in addition to MIDI clock in/out over DIN MIDI or USB-MIDI.

In addition, with the CV/GATE option there will be a mode for 5 additional 10V clock outputs at different divisions plus a 10V run/stop signal on 1/8" jacks, in the same mode there will also be a 5V pulse output for Korg volca sync.

cheers
ripe
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13