MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Addac please, answer me
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Author Addac please, answer me
DonKartofflo
So since i dont get a reply via email, maybe it will work here.
I really would like to buy an addac closed and powered tabletop 12u but nobody seems to know wether the psu is switching or linear.
So please, i guess it takes 30 seconds to tell me. Not a lot of time spend for selling a case.
bj_gzp
Hi DonKartofflo,

As far as i know the addac PSU are switching.
But he puts extra power conditioners with massive heat sinks between the PSU out and the bus boards.

The closed 12u was designed for me wink one tip, get 2 PSU in it as i did.
1PSU may be not enough with the modern mA sucking digital/hybrid modules. Some Addac modules even if analog use a lot, 802V2 @ 150mA... over 10% of a standard doepfer PSU... and just 12HP used...
DonKartofflo
bj_gzp wrote:
Hi DonKartofflo,

As far as i know the addac PSU are switching.
But he puts extra power conditioners with massive heat sinks between the PSU out and the bus boards.

The closed 12u was designed for me wink one tip, get 2 PSU in it as i did.
1PSU may be not enough with the modern mA sucking digital/hybrid modules. Some Addac modules even if analog use a lot, 802V2 @ 150mA... over 10% of a standard doepfer PSU... and just 12HP used...

good idea! this was exactly what i wanted when i saw the open 12U released.
Yeah I think I should get two, 2200mA for 12U is a little tight indeed.
Do you notice any bleed/switching noise on your case?

Cheers!
bj_gzp
I didn't notice anything compared to my Doepfer racks.
Anyway when i had power trouble it was always with skiffs that came with bad PSU and regulators on the busboards.

I perform most of the time now in my oldest addac cases having no conditioners between the PSU and busboards, no trouble.

I regret selling the 12U case, i went from one 12Ux84 to two 6Ux104 and 6Ux84 instruments. Not enough space to keep it. :(
Bambou
I thought this one was a linear PSU but I can be wrong seriously, i just don't get it : http://addacsystem.com/product/addac909-psus/addac909e-4a
DonKartofflo
switching with linear converters as far as i understood.
Addac has replied and all is well now thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System  
Page 1 of 1