MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

vermona drm1 mk3 trigger mod
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author vermona drm1 mk3 trigger mod
ekke
Hey,
does anybody have vermona drm1mk3 with triggers? I bought mine second hand and it has no triggers. I emailed vermona and it seems that the mod would cost 100€. That seems really a lot for couple of resistors, transistor and diode. I think I managed to get the schematics from the pictures, but I don't know the values for the transistor and the diode, also the resistor values would be helpful because the picture is bit blurry to read the colour code. If anybody has it and is willing to open it and post these values I would be most thankful.
I got the schematics from these pictures http://djjondent.blogspot.com/2014/07/vermona-drm-how-to-install-cv-tr iggers.html

All the best!

ekke
aristote
i can't help, but i'm very interested !! thumbs up
ekke
Is there really no one who's willing to open it?
captainhooke
i just pulled the trigger on the buy for 100 euro, but this must be an easy fix and when I receive the triggers I will send details to help out.
ekke
Hey, I all ready found some info and I managed to do the mod myself.. it really is just some resistors a transistor and 5v diode per channel and that's it smile It was quite easy project..
Thanks anyways!!
captainhooke
ekke wrote:
Hey, I all ready found some info and I managed to do the mod myself.. it really is just some resistors a transistor and 5v diode per channel and that's it smile It was quite easy project..
Thanks anyways!!


shiiiit fo real?? maybe i can still cancel the purchase, do you have some more info??
ekke
I can send you picture of the schematics..
nirokesan
ekke wrote:
I can send you picture of the schematics..


My friend wants to do this mod. Can you please post any info that you have? Pics, schematics, values, whatever you can manage. Thanks so much!

I think I have figured out the schematic from the pics in the link above, but obviously would need to confirm resistor values, transistor selection, required input signal, etc. It appears that the jumper selects whether the signal is inserted before or after the transistor, is that right?
nirokesan
This is what I could make out from the pics above.
ekke
[img]
nirokesan
ekke wrote:
[img]


Ekke, thank you for your response! I was pretty close, but yours is just right to left instead and specifies the zener. Can you explain the function of the jumper positions and the recommended external trigger signal?

Did you make PCBs? Or point-to-point?
ekke
Hey, I didn't even do the jumper. I have it positioned like it's in this schematics My idea was to use it with my eurorack and also with beatstep pro. It works fine with both smile So I also did my first frizing drawings and did my own PCB-s I used Thonks PJ302M vertical minijacks as my input, so I don't have to use any adapter or special cables for my needs..
I add my PCB as well, but there was a mess with the transistor contacts, so you have to bend legs razz I can send you the PCB files with email just PM me. I don't find the way to add any PDF to this conversation..
mush
The circuit is a basic Trig to S-trig converter. The vermona uses s-trig internally. The jumper is for switching between trig and s-trig on the input. As 99,99% will use regular triggers you can leave out the jumper. The zener is a clamping voltage limiter.
nirokesan
mush wrote:
The circuit is a basic Trig to S-trig converter. The vermona uses s-trig internally. The jumper is for switching between trig and s-trig on the input. As 99,99% will use regular triggers you can leave out the jumper. The zener is a clamping voltage limiter.


Oh heck, I'm familiar with that converter but it didn't even occur to me that this was the same. Silly m! This could all be made externally then and even omitted if one already has a source of S-Trig, I suspect.
nirokesan
After looking at the Beatstep Pro manual, the sequencer my friend intends to use, I see that the Drum Trigger outs can be set to S-trig response (12V). I suppose this means the transistor could be eliminated and all I would need would be the zener and maybe some resistors for voltage division (though division would make it impossible to use signals of lower original voltage). I believe I have some zeners of different values around here, and he just received his BSP yesterday, so I may do some testing this afternoon when I visit
cjerome
thanks for sharing the schematics ekke, will try to build it cause 100€ is definitely a lot for this simple circuit
sanders
I've always been curious to know if the trigger inputs on the Vermona will respond to Piezo outputs from typical drum pads? I guess it depends how sensitive the trigger input circuit is.

Can anyone who has a DRM, and a drum pad handy, try this out?
MusicCircus
ekke wrote:
Hey, I didn't even do the jumper. I have it positioned like it's in this schematics My idea was to use it with my eurorack and also with beatstep pro. It works fine with both smile So I also did my first frizing drawings and did my own PCB-s I used Thonks PJ302M vertical minijacks as my input, so I don't have to use any adapter or special cables for my needs..
I add my PCB as well, but there was a mess with the transistor contacts, so you have to bend legs razz I can send you the PCB files with email just PM me. I don't find the way to add any PDF to this conversation..


Ekke, thank you so much for the circuit and the drawing for etching my own pcb's!

Can you, or anyone shine a light on the transistor type to be used?
In the schematics it says to use the BC548c type, I am able to purchase easily the BC548b and BC548 types.
The differences between the a, b, c types are that c type has a higher hFE/DC voltage gain.
To be honest, in this case, I have no idea if this voltage gain
, that the c type has, is necessary or if it could be lower, like the b type, which is easily available for me.
Thanks in advance of anyone's help!
paperCUT
Any BC547, BC548 or BC549 would work (or pretty much any other NPN tranny if you get the footprint correct).
MusicCircus
paperCUT wrote:
Any BC547, BC548 or BC549 would work (or pretty much any other NPN tranny if you get the footprint correct).


Thank you paperCUT!
So no need to worry about more or little less DC amplification, yes?
Great news! thumbs up
Thanks again!
stylesforfree
Can I pay one of you guys to do this for me?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group