MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eventide: which would you guys grab?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Eventide: which would you guys grab?
digitalganesha
I want to either pick up a H910 or a H949.
OR.... should I just grab the PitchFactor?

I am looking to use these on my modular, synths, organs and some vocals.
I will absolutely take any of them out live too, I have no problem bringing racks out.

I really want that vintage vibe, can the Pitchfactor cover it?
ix
i am not sure the pitchfactor can , i think like the newer h8000 etc the pedals have a certain sound thats just not ' vintage ' .I like the newer eventide sound for some stuff but its not got the tone of the old gear they did .The H949 is the one to go for if you happy to take on vintage stuff and also factor in some servicing , those old boxes coat everything that goes through them with a colouration you just wont get form these new dsp eventide pedals.The pitchfactor is super cool and deeper and would have more creative potential maybe but vintage vibe is not on its list .

digitalganesha wrote:
I want to either pick up a H910 or a H949.
OR.... should I just grab the PitchFactor?

I am looking to use these on my modular, synths, organs and some vocals.
I will absolutely take any of them out live too, I have no problem bringing racks out.

I really want that vintage vibe, can the Pitchfactor cover it?
Ranxerox
If 'vintage' pitchshifting is all you're after, the H910/949 should do it. If you want it to do double-duty as a well-featured old-school delay, then the H969 strikes me as a better option (their best-looking rack unit too, IMHO). I'm not sure that the 969 has quite the same 'vintage' sound as the 910 or the 949 though.
Kent
Factor in age and repair when making your decision. I've serviced a few H910 & H949 units. Parts are scarce and often not worth the expense.
attacksustain
Kent wrote:
Factor in age and repair when making your decision. I've serviced a few H910 & H949 units. Parts are scarce and often not worth the expense.

I'm curious, which parts typically need replacing on these old models ?
I've almost pulled the trigger on what I thought was cheap eventide rack gear a few times. Now I'm wondering if this is why they were so cheap.
digitalganesha
Yeah Kent, that is the one thing that always goes through my mind.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1