MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eowave Fluctuations Magnetiques ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Eowave Fluctuations Magnetiques ?
Taco Belly
Who tried/own one ? Very few demos of this one. seriously, i just don't get it
bens
seriously, i just don't get it indeed
Taco Belly
d'oh! How can I add a title ? It was for Eowave Fluctuations Magnétiques.
AAG
Just edit the original post smile
Taco Belly
seriously, i just don't get it Doesn't work. Asking a mod.
moofi
Did you have a "´" in the title or anything not standard. Has once been the reason here why it didn´t work.
Taco Belly
Maybe I put an accent in "Magnetiques"
French habit...

Edit: thanks Moofi, you were right
moofi
Yes, could possibly be the reason. Might work without.
Kent
Accented (a.k.a. "Damn Foreign") characters should work now. Perhaps it hasn't been sorted out for thread titles. I'll let Mike know.
Taco Belly
(hides) Thx Kent.
onthelees
point remains: has anyone found a demo of this/heard it/played with it? I am quite curious as well.
onthelees
OK, I found at least one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZaA7IIzdws
Taco Belly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_D1Byz4650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x2R6wwqcac
Taco Belly
No users of this filter on Muff ? seriously, i just don't get it
bog
I bought one. So far seems a keeper. Super wide range. Syncing the two sides gets you into some really nice filtering territory. If I had to come up with one complaint at this point, it would be that it can at times sound clinical (just the audio path, NOT the overall filters as they sculpt sound). Plus, I have dirty filters for that type of thing. Make no mistake though, this is a fantastic little filter…and it goes DEEP! Gets great 303-ish fx and much more. As previously stated, I'm keeping this one!
bog
bog
I bought one. So far seems a keeper. Super wide range. Syncing the two sides gets you into some really nice filtering territory. If I had to come up with one complaint at this point, it would be that it can at times sound clinical (just the audio path, NOT the overall filters as they sculpt sound). Plus, I have dirty filters for that type of thing. Make no mistake though, this is a fantastic little filter…and it goes DEEP! Gets great 303-ish fx and much more. As previously stated, I'm keeping this one!
bog
Taco Belly
Guinness ftw! Thx Bog !

A few more questions:
-no volume loss when you put up the resonance?
-good tracking?
Bignorthumbrian
I've just bought one, so still exploring it, but it definitely has a sound of its own and when you use all four filters you can get some very complex sounds. It can have a slightly harsh sound to it, almost a bit nasal, but that's what I was after.

A lot of filter for the money.
Nofrenchtests
Even harder to find was a demo of their titan oscillator, so I just threw down the cash and took a chance - it sounds fantastic, will have to make a demo when I get my youtube EXP to the next level.
Amer1231
So any news about this module?
Sorry for resurrecting thhis old thread but this module seems like a good bang for the buck filter! seriously, i just don't get it
C14ru5
I have one, and it sounds remarkable! But there are a couple of things that are bothering me:

- Filters B and D have an inverted signal compared to A and C. Yes, I know that it's typical for a 2-pole SVF filter to invert the output signal, but since you don't have audio inputs for filters B and D, shouldn't Eowave re-invert the signal internally so this is not a problem? Apparently not. As a result, setting all filters to low-pass and connecting filters A>B or C>D in series, does not result in anything close to 4-pole low-pass, but rather a poor-sounding band-pass. I'm actually beginning to wonder if my module is defective? But setting A and C to low-pass, and B and D to band-pass, sounds okay in series. Maybe this was a design choice so that the filter would sound great in parallel?
- My module outputs a significant positive voltage offset, sometimes more than +5V! So it clips very easily. The voltage offset gradually reduces to a few volts after my cabinet has been on for a few hours. No other filters connected to the same power row, behave like this.
- The cutoff frequencies between each filter do not precisely match, and the trimmers on the back of the module only affect V/oct (multiplicative) and not cutoff (additive). So if you want to match the cutoff frequencies of each filter, you need to leave them un-synced, and add precise voltage offsets to the cutoff CV of each filter.
- The knobs that Eowave have put on this module are a joke: You cannot see what value they are set to, directly from the front. Nor do the knobs have any physical markings so you can feel their value during wiggling. Luckily, it's easy to replace the default knobs with ones that are more user-friendly.

If you're after a pure 48dB filter, you're better off with a A-108 in my opinion. Had there been audio inputs for filters B and D, then much of its shortcomings could have been fixed. But as it is, I would rather classify it as either two wonderful 2-pole filters, or as a four-channel parallel filter. In which case it works very well.
modezart
i just got my hands on one of these. as a Res-4 guy first of all no they dont sound even simliar.
some friends asked me about how they compare but its like apples and bananas even if they do some similar in theory, its far far away from the sonic spectrum.
it distorts very quick, the range of the sound is quite small to my ears when you looking for sweetspots.
other then that it sounds good, you can chain the filters together to have something like a 4 pole or whatever going.
not bad but to me no keeperc ause have a sisters and res-4 wich i love to death.
sceledra
Can someone who has one please let me know what direction the red stripe should be. I just bought the module and disconnected it expecting that the board would be labeled and it wasn't d'oh!
7C
divkid demo >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I29PJ1MwGiA
bernwerlin
Bignorthumbrian wrote:
I've just bought one, so still exploring it, but it definitely has a sound of its own and when you use all four filters you can get some very complex sounds. It can have a slightly harsh sound to it, almost a bit nasal, but that's what I was after.

A lot of filter for the money.

Definitely agree that it has a sound of its own, especially when chaining all 4 (it's not like there are many out there like it, I suppose). Definitely distorts quickly. It was my first Euro filter, but I passed on it pretty quickly--I guess I was looking for more interesting sounds in less space. I think I also learned that I'm not a huge fan of filters >24dB--its a little overkill imo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2