MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Wet Effects list
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Wet Effects list
zerosum
Doing pretty damn good with the distortion these days,
There are still quite a few ill add to that list later, particularly some more E-13,LAL,etc..

So now its time to get the modulation/wetness/fluttery stuff.

-Homebrew Electronics Three Hound Chorus.
It has a width knob that intrigues me,I picture it stirring things up a bit and spreading it out like a knife spreading jam.
I like the idea of a width knob on a chorus stretching out the control of the dimension.
-Voodoolab Analog Chorus
A lot cheaper(probly more reliable) than tracking down a CE-1.
Ive been meaning to get this for a while, Much like fuzzes it seems im going to have to try a few chorus's to find the sound(s) im looking for,
Chorus is my favorite modulation effect and im looking for a nice gooey think milky drippy(but not runny and thin like my Small Clone).
-EH Deluxe Memory Man-Its one of those things that you play and realize you really want/need/want/NEED smile

Thats it for the must haves(at the moment)
Things that im interested in are the Effectrode TubeVibe as well as the Effectrode Phase-o-matic.
I am kind of dissapointed that they arent offering stereo outs on either of these units.
I have quite a few mixed thoughts on these, I do think that they are a bit overpriced,They do look like quality units, but its just hard for me to imagine spending 400 on a phaser with one output hmm....
I think i would rather buy a couple similar effects and chain them together for that price.

The EH Wiggler has been something that i have thought about for a while too, and if i come across a decent used or cosmetically blemished deal i might go for it.
Theres a possibility that running the Wiggler before a chorus could give me that wet thick lush chorus sound i have in my head.
The EH Polyphase is another gem i dont need, but can think of some mega cool sound surfwaves i could sculpt with that creature. grin
That would be just nuts with the Flanger hoax, perhaps just too much but im definitly curious about this.

Not really a wet effect, but not quite a dry nasty distortion effect either wink the EH POG would be a fun addition being able to play chords with it smile

Now looking at this list i cant believe i have that many EH products in mind lol
Then again the top 3 are the THC,CE-1 clone, and Memory man.
Muff Wiggler
oooh awesome post, thanks for making them all links 8)

you would LOVE the Wiggler, I'm sure

honestly, it almost made me puke (for real!) the first time i heard it, just DEEP DEEP pulsy, rotat-ey spin your brains mayhem

i really like it a LOT
zerosum
Quote:

you would LOVE the Wiggler, I'm sure

Yeah i bet it would sound great before a chorus...
ahh so many choices in which order to buy lol
Ill be getting my renters credit refund thingy in the future,
so maybe it'll be the Wiggler and the THC,

Then later on ill add the Memory man.

Then after that get the VL analog chorus or a used CE-1 grin
zerosum
Actually.... lol
I think this is the chorus i want:
http://www.redwitchanalogpedals.com/Empress.html

yum...
Muff Wiggler
man, i've heard awesome things about Red Witch pedals - never tried one, but gotta say i love the look of the stainless steel cases
zerosum
welp... grin
Just ordered a Wiggler razz
Now i can be in the club!

Looking forward to this very much,
and when the tm-7 gets here i can combine them for
a lovely spectacular mega fantastic SCROTUM WIGGLER!!! lol
wiggler smasher! ohh the possibilities are endless..
Chuck E. Jesus
i can see the value in a self contained fx unit, but it seems the variety of chorus/flange/delay options can be covered much easier and complete with modular stuff...i'm talking the time base/filtering/mod wave shape & triggering/feedback/etc....you could put a self contained euro rack w/ everthing you need that would be way more flexiable and customizable (not to mention interfaceable) for probably less money than a few boutique pedals...there are really a lot of options...

(not trying to be negative, just some thoughts)
zerosum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elNH3WiUx0o
lol
"I think those are distortion settings" lol

Man that was funny
zerosum
ross g wrote:
i can see the value in a self contained fx unit, but it seems the variety of chorus/flange/delay options can be covered much easier and complete with modular stuff...i'm talking the time base/filtering/mod wave shape & triggering/feedback/etc....you could put a self contained euro rack w/ everthing you need that would be way more flexiable and customizable (not to mention interfaceable) for probably less money than a few boutique pedals...there are really a lot of options...

(not trying to be negative, just some thoughts)


That is a good point.
However right now I want to focus the modular plans more on synth stuff.
I also am more interested in the Frac stuff for now.
Space is an issue and being able to set pedals in various odd crevices powered by batteries is nice, and it also leaves rack space for modules that cant be had in pedal form.

Really all I need is a good chorus and decent delay, those will be taken care of in pedal form.

That said I will be adding the blacet StoneZ to take care of phaser needs 8)

If i do find a Time Machine then scratch what i said about a delay pedal lol

Thanks for your input smile
Chuck E. Jesus
zerosum wrote:
ross g wrote:
i can see the value in a self contained fx unit, but it seems the variety of chorus/flange/delay options can be covered much easier and complete with modular stuff...i'm talking the time base/filtering/mod wave shape & triggering/feedback/etc....you could put a self contained euro rack w/ everthing you need that would be way more flexiable and customizable (not to mention interfaceable) for probably less money than a few boutique pedals...there are really a lot of options...

(not trying to be negative, just some thoughts)


That is a good point.
However right now I want to focus the modular plans more on synth stuff.
I also am more interested in the Frac stuff for now.
Space is an issue and being able to set pedals in various odd crevices powered by batteries is nice, and it also leaves rack space for modules that cant be had in pedal form.

Really all I need is a good chorus and decent delay, those will be taken care of in pedal form.

That said I will be adding the blacet StoneZ to take care of phaser needs 8)

If i do find a Time Machine then scratch what i said about a delay pedal lol

Thanks for your input smile


yeah, i'm not as familiar with all the frac stuff available...remember that Euro rack and Frac rack are compatible as far as between mods, just not PSU/racking....

just to give some ideas: i got the Doepfer input mod, it has trigger and envelope out....you can invert the envelope and send that to a VCA for compression, use the trigger out to an ADSR to control whatever and mix envelope, ADSR, and even a voltage pedal to contol a flanger set anyway you want, etc..i totally think when you talk distortion/od/filters there is the unique circuits that are difficult/impossible to reproduce, but time based FX are pretty much the same with additional controls, and most can be done better with a modular setup...

that being said: there is a long tradition of musicians using nothing but guit FX and feedback loops, from the extreme industrial stuff to david tudor....
Muff Wiggler
those input processor modules are awesome. i have two of the blacet ones, and i can use them to create drum sounds from any of my blacet equipment, even trigger them by hitting my eDrum pads

super cool 8)
zerosum
I can create sequences with the wiggler and feedback loops, hehe fun
http://zerosuminertia.com/studio/misc/wiggler.tm7.tm1.sherman.mp3
Chuck E. Jesus
zerosum wrote:
I can create sequences with the wiggler and feedback loops, hehe fun
http://zerosuminertia.com/studio/misc/wiggler.tm7.tm1.sherman.mp3


lol cool man....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group