MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

doepfer a-125 VC Phase Shifter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author doepfer a-125 VC Phase Shifter
22tape
what's the word on this module? yay or nay? so is it a comb filter-like module?

thanks ya'll!
22tape
doepfer's explanation says that the resonance controls the depth of the comb filter....so i guess my question is how comb filtery can it be? phasing and comb filtering (even though dealing with short delay times) have such a different sound....i think confused Guinness ftw!
elemental
I love mine. Its got a real smooth liquid sound. Great for adding timbral movement to patches and sequences.
22tape
elemental wrote:
I love mine. Its got a real smooth liquid sound. Great for adding timbral movement to patches and sequences.


great, thanks elemental.

does anyone have sound clips? Mr. Green
Chuck E. Jesus
22tape wrote:

does anyone have sound clips? Mr. Green


i put this together pretty quick, a basic patch with a couple oscs (one in sync with the other), filter, vca, etc (driven by a sequencer fairly fast)...i tried to have a "classic phase shifter" thing going, messed with the filter and sync osc a bit, messed with the A-125 a bit...about 3/4 in i pulled the lfo and used the sequencer as the CV to the A-125..

(sorry, i didn't edit it down at all)

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/ROSS/A125.mp3
22tape
ross g wrote:
22tape wrote:

does anyone have sound clips? Mr. Green


i put this together pretty quick, a basic patch with a couple oscs (one in sync with the other), filter, vca, etc (driven by a sequencer fairly fast)...i tried to have a "classic phase shifter" thing going, messed with the filter and sync osc a bit, messed with the A-125 a bit...about 3/4 in i pulled the lfo and used the sequencer as the CV to the A-125..

(sorry, i didn't edit it down at all)

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/ROSS/A125.mp3


great! thanks a lot for taking the time to do that 8)

it sounds very good indeed...
Chuck E. Jesus
22tape wrote:
[
great! thanks a lot for taking the time to do that 8)

it sounds very good indeed...


no prob...tbh, i remember the Small Stone sounding better, and i think that circuit has been copied in other units (i understand the A-125 is similar sounding to the phaser in the Roland System 100m)...i actually like the sound of some digital phasers, but i think the Doepfer does it's job fine as a a VC analog(ue) mod....

edit: actually after listening to it again, it sounds pretty good ...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group