AFG Sine Wave Manipulation

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

pristak
Common Wiggler

AFG Sine Wave Manipulation

Post by pristak » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:09 pm

Sine wave manipulation on 2 AFG's. Other than a mixer, no other modules were used.

spbaker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by spbaker » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 pm

awesome the wait until mine arrives is becoming unbearable with all of these awesome examples popping up,

nice one pristak! :sb:
new DVD out now Fracture
things to listen to and look at:
http://abreojos.net

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:51 pm

good shit :hyper:
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

zerosum
Modulation Maniac

Post by zerosum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:32 pm

Very cool :sb:

THICK and rich module!!!

felix
Loves the manuals!

Post by felix » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:26 am

Awesome! Can you elaborate a bit on how the two were patched?
dress yourself for the public. you now must exit your home and acquire a dental mirror and lubrication!
i recommend a hat, or a helmet. if a helmet, ensure that it is both convincing and unbiased. -citizen mori
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/78959
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/225002
https://jimdrones.bandcamp.com

pristak
Common Wiggler

Post by pristak » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:42 am

This was simply 2 AFG's into a doepfer mixer. Just the sine wave output from each. Tuned very close together with one on Matter and the other on antimatter for most of the track. They were not synced. Syncing will ruin the effect. This doepfer mixer output went to a single track on a Berringer mixer dry with the stereo outs going to an Ampeg tube guitar amp with reverb through 4x12's and the other to a Markbass bass amp with 2x15's. This was recorded with ribbon mikes into cubase through a presonus firestudio.

Some of the relatively quick variations toward the end that to me sound like a slow stonerrock/doom guitar chugging along on the same muted chord and then quickly hitting a not so muted chord came from adjusting the sine waves so they were just bouncing up against each other and then flicking the matter/antimatter switch on one of the AFG's. There was some adjustment of the pulse width, but most of what you hear is adjustment of the fine tuning nob on one of the AFG's and changes between matter and antimatter.

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:56 am

pristak wrote:Some of the relatively quick variations toward the end that to me sound like a slow stonerrock/doom guitar chugging along on the same muted chord and then quickly hitting a not so muted chord came from adjusting the sine waves so they were just bouncing up against each other and then flicking the matter/antimatter switch on one of the AFG's.
Ha! I was thinking it got kinda Sunn o)))-ish around the 3 minute mark. Very cool. Love that you amped and mic'ed it up.

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:21 am

parasitk wrote:
pristak wrote:Some of the relatively quick variations toward the end that to me sound like a slow stonerrock/doom guitar chugging along on the same muted chord and then quickly hitting a not so muted chord came from adjusting the sine waves so they were just bouncing up against each other and then flicking the matter/antimatter switch on one of the AFG's.
Ha! I was thinking it got kinda Sunn o)))-ish around the 3 minute mark. Very cool. Love that you amped and mic'ed it up.
me too! when i have the space i'll be getting a couple amps and mics as well.
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

parasitk
Learn to swim

Post by parasitk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:23 am

Kwote wrote:me too! when i have the space i'll be getting a couple amps and mics as well.
For my next album I'm planning on running the modular through our Sunn heads into my bassist's SVT 8x10 quite often. :sb: Cannot wait!

Kwote

Post by Kwote » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:32 am

parasitk wrote:
Kwote wrote:me too! when i have the space i'll be getting a couple amps and mics as well.
For my next album I'm planning on running the modular through our Sunn heads into my bassist's SVT 8x10 quite often. :sb: Cannot wait!
we'll have to talk in the future. i got pretty settled on the thought of getting a Roland KC but hearing modulars through other amps on here is breaking my illusion that i need a clear non coloring solution.
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

pristak
Common Wiggler

Post by pristak » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:35 am

I think for my recording space the key is the combination of guitar and bass amps.

When I mono one or the other I definately miss frequencies that contribute quite a bit to the overall sound.

For instance with the almost techno AFG track I videoed, I went back with that same patch set up the next day and it didn't sound at all the same. I had adjusted a few things and kept trying to get everything just right again, but it sounded nothing like what I had videoed. I was trying to get that sound back to do a proper recording with Cubase. Then I realized the bass amp wasn't on and that was the problem.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”