my new toy

A place to post links to your music, upload tracks and promote yourself.

Moderators: ignatius, Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord

johnnymad
turbo wiggler

my new toy

Post by johnnymad » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:18 pm

i built a blacet I/O a couple of nights ago. i ran my drum maching into the I/O into a sample and hold with the sample rate turned all the way up. this made for a cool, but accidental, ring mod-like sound. i then filtered the s & h voltage out. check it out. it takes a while before you start to hear it.

http://upload.muffwiggler.com/JMAD/I-O_drums.mp3

eyehue
High Desert

Post by eyehue » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 pm

sounds great! i also have a good time running drums into s&h's. the filtering was real nice on that as well, what filter was it? that Blacet I/O is a real powerhorse, i keep realizing more and more uses for it.

johnnymad
turbo wiggler

Post by johnnymad » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:49 pm

thanks! i used both of my mfos filters. i used the hp out of my state variable filter to cut out some of the high hiss sounds and then ran that into the mfos low pass filter. i'm not sure how common using two filters on the same source is, but it sounded cool to me.

eyehue
High Desert

Post by eyehue » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:56 pm

ahh nice! MFOS! using two filters in series is fairly common, and really cool, the Blacet Dual Filter actual normals the two filters together unless you patch into the second one, same with PAiA VCF. it's a dope trick and it can make some excellent sounds. well the MFOS sounded great, do you use any other MFOS gear? i have a WSG and the VCO, i really dig both.

johnnymad
turbo wiggler

Post by johnnymad » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:11 am

yeah. i've built a whole modular consisting of mostly mfos. in addition to the filters, i've built 3 vcos, a dual ar generator, a dual vca, a sample and hold, and the noise cornucopia. i've also built a soundlab and a wsg. i really like ray's modules.

Return to “Your Tunes Here”